Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-11-2014, 10:46 AM   #1
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Drives: 2010 Camaro LT/RS M6
Wife was scammed! Internet, help me make their operation miserable!

Hey guys, my wife was given a number for work and it was off by one digit. She was stupid and fell for it. Help me get back at them and spread this picture around on other social websites. When you call you congratulated for winning a $100 walmart gift card. After you press 1 to accept you are connected to someone who tries to your credit card info and what not. I have been messing with them all day but, I figured if the internet came down on them, it would make their little operation miserable.

She was had before she realized what had happened. She asked if this was the correct number for said agency and they replied yes, we are promotions and will connect you after.

CamaroC-17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
i am just gunna hold my fingers from typing what they want to type here...good luck
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 10:56 AM   #3
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
Unleash the hounds upon them
Old 03-11-2014, 11:02 AM   #4
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
i am just gunna hold my fingers from typing what they want to type here...good luck
I'm guessing you're referring to how stupid it was to fall for it. My wife texted me saying "I just got roped into one of those promotion things. We get 100 dollar gift card we will just have to cancel the subscription" I was like "NO!!!!!!"
Her excuse is she is a training seminar and she needed a training ID for FEMA so it was chaotic and she was rushed so she wasn't thinking straight and just fell for it.

I have got on her pretty good. Told her she knows better especially for her being prior military
Old 03-11-2014, 11:14 AM   #5
1KillerSS
Too much is never enough!

Drives: AGP TT SS [COTW] 4/20/15
Send a message via Skype™ to 1KillerSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroC-17 View Post
I'm guessing you're referring to how stupid it was to fall for it. My wife texted me saying "I just got roped into one of those promotion things. We get 100 dollar gift card we will just have to cancel the subscription" I was like "NO!!!!!!"
Her excuse is she is a training seminar and she needed a training ID for FEMA so it was chaotic and she was rushed so she wasn't thinking straight and just fell for it.

I have got on her pretty good. Told her she knows better especially for her being prior military

i didnt want to be an A$$ you seemed pissed enough already
AGP TT kit, 54/57 Forged rotating assembly, Custom grind cam... Dual nozzle meth, ID850's, Livernois dual fuel pumps, ECS BAP, 25% UDP, 3 inch Magnaflow catback with X pipe, Mantic 9000 clutch, DSS 1000hp axles, DSS aluminum driveshaft, ZL1 rear end, solid subframe bushings, HE differential offset bushings, BMR Trailing arm, BMR toe rods, Lingenfelter LNC-2000,SJM Line Lock. 747 whp 714wtq

Build thread
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...55#post8107855
1KillerSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 11:16 AM   #6
CamaroC-17
Formerly Camaroc5

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1KillerSS View Post
i didnt want to be an A$$ you seemed pissed enough already
I was like since when does FEMA or any government agency offer 100 bucks to walmart when you call?

Actually, with the handouts people get these days from the feds, I am kind of surprised it wasn't real lol