Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-04-2015, 02:51 PM   #1
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Thinking About Cross Shopping Cars For My 31st Birthday

So I know this is a GM forum but I thought I would start here asking for opinions about 4 door full sized sedan performance vehicles I should buy. I'm thinking about buying a G6 camaro but after seeing the scat pack and SS performance and the extra space I started considering the 4 door route. My pros and cons to each car I've considered so far

Dodge charger scat pack

Pros

The 6.4 Hemi
Exterior and Interior is unique to me. Its nice enough to be worth 40gs but not too nice to be afraid to spill drinks and etc
Good lease deals if I decide to lease instead of buying

Cons
Its a Dodge product. I'm not sure on how reliability are on these now in days but I don't want to be stranded on the road in a 40,000 car

Chevy SS

Pros

LS3 power
Sleeper
Will probably be a rare vehicle in 10 years which I can either make money off it or keep it
GM reliability

Cons

The exterior of the car looks plain. I would have to do some mods to make it look aggressive.
A brand new one starts at 45gs so I would have no option but to get a used one which I don't mind

Ford Taurus SHO

Pros
AWD
Fords stock infotainment system is awesome
Gas mileage
I like V6 turbos
If I go the used route I can get one used and loaded out cheaper than any other car

Cons
Its a ford
I've heard about the problems with ecoboost from the first gen models but I don't know if they worked it out on the 2nd gens(the ones im looking at)

USED 2010-2013 CTS V

Pros

LSA Supercharged
Cadillac Interior
Performance
Luxury

Cons
Getting one so old on a supercharged engine
Warrranty
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
KJZ28

Drives: 2018 Buick Regal TourX
It depends on what your after. The rear seat room is awful in the CTS. The Charger has the most room followed by the SS. I don't know about the SHO, but since it is a Ford I assume it has transmission problems.

The Dodge Charger and SS will be reliable. I agree the SS is boring, but it will out handle the Charger and Ford. I think the Charger looks the best.

Test drive Video of the Chevrolet SS
KJZ28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:44 PM   #3
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Keep in mind SS got an MCE for 2016.

Old 11-04-2015, 04:19 PM   #4
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
If you haven't ever sat in a new Taurus I would suggest you avoid it. Especially if you think the Camaro interior is cramped. The Taurus interior is even more cramped, and to me I think the windows are also smaller. Personal opinion right there.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:36 PM   #5
sherob

Drives: 2015 SW 1SS/RS 1LE
I had a 2015 Explorer Sport w/ the 3.5L Ecoboost V6 (same as SHO) in it... I hated the lag when it presented itself, at the most inopportune moment!!!!! Gas mileage? LOL!!!!! I get better out of my V8.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=17325&pictureid=134228
sherob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 04:50 PM   #6
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KJZ28 View Post
It depends on what your after. The rear seat room is awful in the CTS. The Charger has the most room followed by the SS. I don't know about the SHO, but since it is a Ford I assume it has transmission problems.

The Dodge Charger and SS will be reliable. I agree the SS is boring, but it will out handle the Charger and Ford. I think the Charger looks the best.

Test drive Video of the Chevrolet SS
Oh wow. I didn't know this

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Keep in mind SS got an MCE for 2016.

This looks way better. Even the little changes make this car beautiful imo

Quote:
Originally Posted by xc_SS/RS View Post
If you haven't ever sat in a new Taurus I would suggest you avoid it. Especially if you think the Camaro interior is cramped. The Taurus interior is even more cramped, and to me I think the windows are also smaller. Personal opinion right there.
Wow I just assumed from looking on the outside it looked space and the fusion backseat was spacious to me so I just assumed. Welp that crosses the Taurus off my list
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 05:19 PM   #7
roorback

Drives: V8 permagrin
The SS sedan is a very underrated choice. I'm not sure they'll be desirable later on though. I'd take the SS or the CTS-V. Those are pretty reasonable rockets at this point.

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...=CTS%7CV&Log=0
roorback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:40 PM   #8
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
Oh wow. I didn't know this

This looks way better. Even the little changes make this car beautiful imo

Wow I just assumed from looking on the outside it looked space and the fusion backseat was spacious to me so I just assumed. Welp that crosses the Taurus off my list
Yeah no I thought the same until I decided to sit in one. You may think differently but I felt like it was a bit cramped inside of it. The Charger or SS will definitely be more spacious with the Charger coming out as larger. But you can get a SS in manual with the Magride that the ZL1 has.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:09 PM   #9
i2disturbedSS

Drives: 2010 SS L99 IOM
SS or CTS V sedan/wagon

(*wagon)
Old 11-04-2015, 11:16 PM   #10
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Sun View Post
So I know this is a GM forum but I thought I would start here asking for opinions about 4 door full sized sedan performance vehicles I should buy. I'm thinking about buying a G6 camaro but after seeing the scat pack and SS performance and the extra space I started considering the 4 door route. My pros and cons to each car I've considered so far

Dodge charger scat pack

Pros

The 6.4 Hemi
Exterior and Interior is unique to me. Its nice enough to be worth 40gs but not too nice to be afraid to spill drinks and etc
Good lease deals if I decide to lease instead of buying

Cons
Its a Dodge product. I'm not sure on how reliability are on these now in days but I don't want to be stranded on the road in a 40,000 car
The interior does look nice but the front more so headlights are eh to me(Dart). They could grow on me though

Chevy SS

Pros

LS3 power
Sleeper
Will probably be a rare vehicle in 10 years which I can either make money off it or keep it
GM reliability

Cons

The exterior of the car looks plain. I would have to do some mods to make it look aggressive.
A brand new one starts at 45gs so I would have no option but to get a used one which I don't mind

LS3 6speed & MRC is a nice option

Ford Taurus SHO

Pros
AWD
Fords stock infotainment system is awesome
Gas mileage
I like V6 turbos
If I go the used route I can get one used and loaded out cheaper than any other car

Cons
Its a ford
I've heard about the problems with ecoboost from the first gen models but I don't know if they worked it out on the 2nd gens(the ones im looking at)

They look nice on the outside and I know they have a huge trunk. Haven't set in one though. AWD turbo is nice and a tune & exhaust might get you some good gains.

USED 2010-2013 CTS V

Pros

LSA Supercharged
Cadillac Interior
Performance
Luxury

Cons
Getting one so old on a supercharged engine
Warrranty

Maybe get a extended warrenty. It is a car I think will be beat on more so then others. Ive been checking out the ctsv forums and see good ones for sale. Seen low miles (10k less) for close to 50k though.
They all really do seem like good choices. Test drive them out and don't rush.

Last edited by i2disturbedSS; 11-04-2015 at 11:32 PM.
i2disturbedSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 05:30 AM   #11
essess

Drives: 10 camaro ss
Ive driven a new charger and an sho, and have been in a cts-v, so ill jump in here. The charger wasnt a scat pack just a regular v8. The interior was pretty nice, ride was ok. Hemi power is great, even for the "slow" one, it feels faster than it is and low end grunt is satisfying, scat pack should be so much fun. I think this would be my choice. Taurus is a sharp looking car, way more aggresive than i thought it would look. Interior is really nice but the dashboard is substantial. I wouldnt say visability is a problem, it just feels like your more "in" the car, not much different than my camaro honestly. Power is great but decieving. Total opposite of charger, does not feel as fast as it is. Tunes make them sleepers. They have a 6f50 trans and they are rock solid reliable. Cts v was an animal, like being thrown around in an old hot rod muscle car but with great interior. It felt fast and was fast (this one had some bolt ons though, so i cant comment on stock). 1 thing i didnt like about the ctsv was it had alot of noise in the interior, like plastic squeaky noises over bumps and stuff. Sounded like it had a ton of miles on it but it didnt. Chevy ss isnt gonna be a collectors item so dont use that in your decision, but i like them and the sleeper aspect can be fun. Go out and make sure to drive all of them its really the only way to find what you want without regretting that you didnt try them all
essess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:42 AM   #12
huggercamaro21
Sales Manager for Chevy

Drives: Tahoe RST
CTS-V for the win. /thread
huggercamaro21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 01:25 PM   #13
i2disturbedSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by huggercamaro21 View Post
CTS-V for the win. /thread
I always wanted to ask how much did you sell your V for?
Old 11-05-2015, 01:37 PM   #14
c5Legend
Camaro5

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I always wanted a new charger but man so many taxi drivers already have the car lol

My Build
'11 Chrysler 300 Limited / '10 Camaro 2LT
c5Legend is offline   Reply With Quote