Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-07-2010, 01:43 AM   #1
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Stolen and Wrecked: You will not believe this story!

As if waking up in Iraq was not bad enough, I had the pleasure of waking up to a email about how I needed to call The friend/former friend, that I trusted to take care of my car while I am deployed. So before I was even able to brush my teeth this morning I was told my car had been totaled. As the story goes he let his troubled sister come stay with him after their parents put her out, and she and her equally retarded boyfriend decided that it would no big deal to take my car just around the block to the store. Somehow just around the block turned into across town. They actually had driven my car so long that there was now a need to put more gas in it so big brother wouldn't find out. While leaving the gas station parking lot the little sister who has never driven anything but her hand-me-down honda civic, got on the gas too much, spins out, hits another car, stalls, and then is t-boned. Car totaled.

This is where the story gets really fun. Once the cops get there, the story is the car belongs to a friend of the family and they had permission to drive it. Tickets are written, insurance exchanged, but no one goes to jail. .....HELL NO. Because the police report says They had permission, my insurance company is now denying to pay for the car, because as anyone who has put a vehicle into storage mode knows, that car can't be driven. They did however inform me that if I was to call the police station and tell the officer to change the report to reflect the car being driven without my knowledge or permission, then all is fine in insurance land and they will pay the car off as soon as they get the new report.

Back to aforementioned former friend. I have had the pleasure of speaking to him and his entire family all pleading with me not to say that their baby stole my car because it will ruin her life and she doesn't deserve that for a mistake. ARE YOU F_ING SERIOUS. They have politely offered to make her pay for my car however long it takes. Really...really. I'm grown with great credit and a 6 year military work history and I had to practically sell some a$$ to buy this car, where is a unemployed 18yr old going to get 35,000.

I am however slightly sympathetic because I was young once, got into trouble and the second chance given to me is why I am not in jail. What do you guys think.

Last edited by Genious; 11-07-2010 at 03:55 AM.
Genious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 01:53 AM   #2
carguy50

Drives: 2SS/RS, Sequntials,Tune,Flomstr,CAI
this is business. leave the emosion out of the equasion. she needs to step up and be an adult. the trurh will set you free. it will also allow your insurance to pay for her stealing your car.
carguy50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:23 AM   #3
cowboy1948

Drives: 10 LT2/RS-08 SILVERADO-05 COBALT
Cool

concer with above. same happen to me while i was overseas years ago.

Retired
cowboy1948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:50 AM   #4
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I would be absolutely fine with sparing her if she could afford to buy me a new camaro.. right now.

otherwise. **** off, you pay your insurance for a reason, you were taken advantage of while you are serving our country no less, she can deal with it. it's not going to ruin her life.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 02:58 AM   #5
J4R3D

Drives: '11 5.0 Order Canceled...
So she get's a job at 711 or McDonald's... She'll never make enough to live on and pay for your car!

Call the police. She needs to learn a lesson and take the blame, if you let it slide your going to regret it. Your car was stolen, and totaled.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 AM   #6
briansz

Drives: **
Why can't her parents pay you the money and then she can pay her parents back? I can almost guarantee that unless you change the report and get your insurance money from the stolen vehicle, you won't ever get that money back. I spent eight years in the military and if I had been in your situation back then I would have reported it. IMO, that's the only way she'll learn to be held accountable for her actions.

I'm very sorry to hear this happening, you have enough to concentrate on while you're serving overseas, it's unfortunate that you have to deal with this also. Thanks for your service.
briansz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:18 AM   #7
rallyrob

Drives: 2010 rally yellow camaro rs A6
**** them its ur car your money what if she hit someone and killed them then what its stupid they wont pay you your full 30 or 40 g she wont go to jail just have to pay a fine and do stuff
rallyrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:35 AM   #8
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Can't you call them and have them change the report without pressing charges?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 03:44 AM   #9
Genious
Army EOD Tech

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
Can't you call them and have them change the report without pressing charges?
I have talked to the police officer, and he told me that whether i want charges pressed or not if i tell him "officially" that the car was stolen, the girl and her friend get arrested. The fact that I may choose not to press charges will be reflected in the report but it will ultimately be up to the prosecutor what happens after that. He understood and was even sympathetic to the situation but was pretty firm about the it being out of my and his hands once a formal theft report was submitted.
Genious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:08 AM   #10
Phillyboy
Show Contender

Drives: 2010 2SS White w/black strips
Life is hard and lessons need to be learned. If your former friend had put up the keys this would have never happen. He is just as of fault as his sister. Make the report and let the insurance company pay the car off. If you don't you will never see the money for the car.
Phillyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:25 AM   #11
Darkone

Drives: 2011 Camaro LT/RS SIM
If you let her get away with this. Then she will most probably do something like this again, assuming if she got away with it once, she can again. Next time maybe someone dies.
Darkone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #12
FEN

Drives: BLACK 2SS/RS
You need to worry about yourself.....NOT them! Report it stolen ASAP!
FEN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:43 AM   #13
rickerda

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
File the report, if her daddy wants to bail her out you can drop the charges once the check clears.
rickerda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2010, 05:44 AM   #14
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
What about her insurance company? Is she covered under a policy for her crap car? It could possibly cover your car while she is driving it.
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote