Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-25-2023, 01:11 PM   #15
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by 49North1LE View Post
So after 8 months of storage with no start-up (I needed to move her for the winter as we were finishing our home build) can someone please confirm if my recollection is correct. I'm thinking (this would help push some oil back up after a long sit of gravity drain) so why NOT if it does work. That by depressing both my clutch & accelerator pedal fully in and turning the key that the engine will spin but not fire and momentarily boast the oil pressure. I want to say that I read that this shuts down maybe the fuel injectors or something like that. I did find a similar question asked from 2014 but it was never answered rather the replies defaulted to the obvious (which is totally cool) but thought fast forward 9 years and maybe an reply with some explanation addressing my specific question exists today. Thanks much!

You are complicating your life unnecessarily.
My Camaro sat still for 7 months. I just recharged the battery regularly.
The day before yesterday I sat in it, turned the key and it started just as if I had driven it home yesterday.

Don't torture it with any procedures - the LS series engines and their rotary pumps on the crankshafts flood the engine with oil immediately.
These are not small blocks I. gen, where two revolutions of the crankshaft was one revolution of the pump.

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 07:44 AM   #16
Lou gill

Drives: ‘13 ZL1 convertible
I have mine on a battery tender all winter and when I start it up in the spring I use the remote start.
Lou gill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 10:12 AM   #17
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I can’t believe this thread is still going, there’s only 900 others in here just like it…
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:24 PM   #18
Mr V

Drives: 2011 VR SS Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou gill View Post
I have mine on a battery tender all winter and when I start it up in the spring I use the remote start.
I have to keep mine on a tender whenever it sits for more than a few days. I read about a TSB about the on-star unit being the cause but the links and the place that did the replacement are all not valid any more. My on-star does nothing when I push the button. Wonder if there is a way I could just disconnect it to see if it stops draining the battery.
Mr V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 08:38 PM   #19
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
I have to keep mine on a tender whenever it sits for more than a few days. I read about a TSB about the on-star unit being the cause but the links and the place that did the replacement are all not valid any more. My on-star does nothing when I push the button. Wonder if there is a way I could just disconnect it to see if it stops draining the battery.
That amount of battery drain is not normal and not attributable to OnStar Do you have any aftermarket electrical equipment in the car? Like an aftermarket sound system, or a device plugged into the OBD port?

As for On Star, your car has 2G based OnStar, and that went away in January and the green ready light should now be off. If you are the original owner, you have received multiple notices on this subject and a link to the Guardian app to replace some of the functionality.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2023, 09:43 AM   #20
chevy pilot

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
OnStar
What is OnStar RPO code ?
chevy pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2023, 01:18 PM   #21
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy pilot View Post
What is OnStar RPO code ?
I have the RPO list but do not see a code for OnStar.

In the USA, all Chevrolets are equipped with OnStar, regardless of trim level.

Again, OnStar is 2G based on your car. Here in the USA, 2G service has ended so no more OnStar for older cars. If you are still paying for OnStar, you can switch to the Guardian App. Either way, no OnStar green light means you don't have OnStar.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:52 AM   #22
steve7251

Drives: 2010 camaro
I ran a electric oil pump with in line filter from drain plug to port near alternator. Runs oil through the hole system before I start the car and to cool turbos after shut down.
steve7251 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 10:56 AM   #23
George-CZ

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3 and 1978 STROKER 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve7251 View Post
I ran a electric oil pump with in line filter from drain plug to port near alternator. Runs oil through the hole system before I start the car and to cool turbos after shut down.

I am very interested in this.
Can he show it somewhere?

K&N CAI, Stainless Power longtubes, high flow cats, modified Ragazzon High Performance axle back, Soler Performance ported throttle body, Soler Performance throttle controller, RAM clutch adjuster, modified LS7 clutch kit, Tick Performance billet bearing support, Tick Performance remote bleeder, separate clutch reservoir, BMR trailing arms, BMR toe rods, Pedders Suspension cradle bushing inserts, Control Arm Bushings, Strut tower brace, oil catch can, Hurst T-handle shifter, 20mm wheel spacers, DBA brakes, QTP Cutouts, Dynosteve tune.
George-CZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 11:40 AM   #24
Arogg
A legend in his own mind

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr V View Post
My 2010 sits outside for weeks at a time now that it isn't my daily anymore and I've never had a battery issue like that. That seems like way more than an acceptable amount of battery drain to me.

Color matched OEM GFX / VIS Carbon Fiber Hood (absolute trash quality and customer service ) / Heritage Grille / 5% Windows / 30% Windshield tint with 5% visor strip / Tinted Exterior Lights / Streetfighter LA Spoiler / Morimoto XB LED fogs / LED sidemarkers / Airaid CAI / Hurst Short Throw / TSP LT's / No cats / No resonator / Corsa Xtreme Catback / Trifecta Tune / Factory amp replaced / 2 JL Audio 12's in the trunk / MRR 228 Wheels / BMR Springs / Moog Endlinks / R1 Concepts Rotors & Pads
Arogg is offline   Reply With Quote