Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-28-2019, 04:12 PM   #15
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Ouch. Is that just for the part or does that price include installation/labor?
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2023, 04:16 AM   #16
Matt6062

Drives: Chevy Camaro 2SS
I know issue took place years ago at this point, what was the fix? I'm having the same problem unfortunately.
Matt6062 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2024, 02:24 AM   #17
DswiftV6

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LS
No crank no start security msg

I played this game for awhile now.
Replaced starter replaced alternator replaced battery performed key recall, took to dealer, ran OBD, etc.

After the starter replacement the issue went away for awhile during the summer, now that its cold the problem came back today, struggling to start car after work. Battery voltage caught my eye, going to check ground cables now.

The symptoms have remained the same for 6 months, sometimes the problem is more severe and sometimes i just have to play with the car and be patient and she will start up. I thought I had the issue defeated but it has reared its ugly face once again. Dealership couldn’t find issue, gave me my car back and I was stranded the following day…. They assured me that the key recall was the fix and I should have trusted my gut. Wish me luck.
DswiftV6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 01:02 PM   #18
Miami_SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DswiftV6 View Post
I played this game for awhile now.
Replaced starter replaced alternator replaced battery performed key recall, took to dealer, ran OBD, etc.

After the starter replacement the issue went away for awhile during the summer, now that its cold the problem came back today, struggling to start car after work. Battery voltage caught my eye, going to check ground cables now.

The symptoms have remained the same for 6 months, sometimes the problem is more severe and sometimes i just have to play with the car and be patient and she will start up. I thought I had the issue defeated but it has reared its ugly face once again. Dealership couldn’t find issue, gave me my car back and I was stranded the following day…. They assured me that the key recall was the fix and I should have trusted my gut. Wish me luck.
Have you considered a faulty crank sensor? Run a scan and see if the crank sensor DTC appears. A bad crank sensor will exhibit the same symptoms you outlined. ECM can't locate TDC (top dead center) on the first crank (key turn) and so the car won't start or it starts with hesitation, as well as, the car suddenly feels like it's losing power under acceleration or car dies unexpectedly while driving (timing issues due to faulty crank sensor). The part isn't expensive, it's the labor, if you can't do it yourself. Just a thought.
Miami_SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
no crank no start