Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 05-11-2020, 05:19 AM   #1
2010_camaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS
Question Not 5th gen related but still stumped

Ok so I'm building a 87 TA. It has coils on the front. I'm running a 10in 150lb springs.
The passenger side coil adjustment is 1 1/8in more than the driver side. The ride height is the same and the car isnt full weight yet.

These are strange springs.
Think I have a bad spring?
Attached Images

https://www.instagram.com/whoopa_ss/
2010_camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:49 AM   #2
VR Baron
SoCal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: 2021 Shadow Grey Camaro 2SS 1LE
1.125@ seems like a lot but not knowledgeable on that. on my fifth gen the coilovers on the passenger side, front and rear have to be adjusted less in height to equal the drivers side. The difference depends on the amount of negative camber. Two different sets of coilovers and a set of drop springs did the same. The drop springs weren’t adjustable, so passenger side a 1/8” higher.
VR Baron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:15 AM   #3
tartagliazl1

Drives: 2013 zl1 vert
third gens springs need to be indexed in the lower control arm or the heights will be off. check out thirdgen.org for more info. lots of good info.
22% lower/ 2.5 upper/ 2” headers/ cat delete/ x-pipe/ 2 gallon x tank/ 100-3 pump/ fic 850/ dsx aux kit/ 103mm throttle body/ RPM 5” intake/ meth kit/ prometh lid injection/FI interchiller/ 160* stat/ ngk-7/ msd wires/ elite catch can/ tsp cam/ Che trunnions/ ported supercharger/ 1/2” lid spacer/ brick mod/BMR toe and trailing arms/ 751hp 757 tq SAE @17.3lb on a loaded dyno.
tartagliazl1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:57 PM   #4
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
Contact Rodney at Suspensiongeek.com. he should be able to help with the issue. He set up my Vikings on our 1LE and the rates and corner balance are perfect. He does quite a bit of setup and help. He may even suggest a better spring rate depending on your goal with the car.

Sent from my SM-T377T using Tapatalk

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote