Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-04-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
Inferno dogg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
2500 buck to burn......

So I have about 2500 extra bucks to play with and a bone stock 2010 2SS RS with 6500 miles on it.My head hurts trying to decide what mods or upgrades to buy SO,I was hoping you all could help me with some ideas.
Inferno dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 07:49 AM   #2
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
Go check out a heads and cam combo from TSP or long tube headers and a cam! Don't forget the tune!

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:43 AM   #3
rich2342

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro SS
Gears and suspension and report back for me please!

I'm in the same situation, getting my car soon!
rich2342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:44 AM   #4
LETHAL2SS

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS
CAM AND HEADERS!
2010 Camaro 2SS-Mods: Nightfury cam, CNC ported LS3 heads, CNC ported TB, Ported Intake, RX Catch Can, MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mantic 9000 Clutch, TSP 1 7/8 headers, catless NPP, BMR trailing arms, MMR Z/28 Reps 20" gloss black. SOLD

2011 Red Jewel Tintcoat 2SS-Mods: Edlebrock E Force S/C w/ 3" pulley swap,Texas Speed roller Boost Cam 227/235, 641"/649", 114 LSA, PRC Ported Heads, Ported TB,ARH 1 7/8 headers, McLeod RST twin disk 1000 hp clutch, ZL1 Fuel Pump, 620whp
LETHAL2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:48 AM   #5
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
1. dynoSteve tune deal from RDP....https://www.rdpstore.com/

2. after discussin your goals with him you will know exactly what you need and how much $$$ it all will cost.

3. thank me....lulz

peace OP and good luck!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:56 AM   #6
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
My recommendation...

Hotchkis Sports Suspension - about 1500 - 2010's desperately need a suspension upgrade.

Exhaust - Headers/High Flow Cats/3" Catback - about 1000-1200.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 08:57 AM   #7
Inferno dogg

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Im seeing a lot about cam and headers.But isn't it expensive to have a cam installed?I know I could buy a cam but the install? Not doing it myself LOL.
Not trying to be a prick.

frank I will definitely call Steve and talk to him.That may be my best option yet!
Inferno dogg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:02 AM   #8
ss_redrum

Drives: 2013 LS3 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
1. dynoSteve tune deal from RDP....https://www.rdpstore.com/

2. after discussin your goals with him you will know exactly what you need and how much $$$ it all will cost.

3. thank me....lulz

peace OP and good luck!
Do you work for or sponsored by RDP? I always see you pushing their stuff. I do agree though, I have a tune from DynoSteve and it is a great. Just wondering..

-Previous Setup- Texas Speed 1 7/8 LT Headers, no cats, xpipe, muffler delete, K&N Cold Air Intake, tuned by DynoSteve

Youtube |Instagram
ss_redrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:21 AM   #9
TheFlyingBananaSS
Evil Genius of Chevrolet

Drives: 2017 Z06, 2019 XTS, 2013 SS
3.91 gears and a dynosteve tune will turn it into a monster. Cost around $1800 which will leave you enough for a nice catback system
GPI SS2 VVT cam, ECS Novi 1500 supercharger, Corsa Extreme, Detroit Speed and BMR suspension, Circle D triple disc, Melling oil pump, LS2 chain tensioner, ATI 10% UD, DSX E85 kit, High Energy coils, BTR springs, LS2 Lifter trays, Titanium retainers, hardened push rods, FIC 1000 injectors, ZL1 pump, Mighty Mouse catch can, AEM gauges, Tial BOV, Richmond 3.91 gears, Custom gauge bezels, Speed Engineering headers, Stainless Works HF cats, DSX Aux pump, 710rwhp on E85.
TheFlyingBananaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:29 AM   #10
go_go_gadget88

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS ABM 6M
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno dogg View Post
Im seeing a lot about cam and headers.But isn't it expensive to have a cam installed?I know I could buy a cam but the install? Not doing it myself LOL.
Not trying to be a prick.

frank I will definitely call Steve and talk to him.That may be my best option yet!
Guess my post never posted...so I will condense/retype it

Yes, am cam and heads are expensive. I did mine myself and was over that budget with the tune and unexpected stuff. Definitely not getting that done for that money if someone else has to do it

$2500 and a bone stock car? I would do LT headers, CAI, and have it tuned. Depending on headers and weather or not you need cats..you could have enough left for some gears/suspension stuff possibly. This would probably be the best bang for your buck. If you don't have any good local tuners, I would 2nd Frank on the dynoSteve tuning deal. Sounds like he's a great guy to deal with, and free tunes as you continue to mod is never a bad thing! He can help you decide on the parts you need for your goals as well.
2010 ABM 2SS/RS LS3 6 Speed -- Rotofab CAI | Speed Engineering 1 7/8" Longtubes w/ cat Delete | Magnaflow competition catback | TSP 231/246 cam| TSP/PAC .660" Spring Kit | TSP CNC Ported Heads | Bo White PTB | GPI Ported/RM Intake | 3.91's | BC Catch Can | MGW Shifter | BMR 1" Drop Springs | BMR Trailing arms/Toe Rods/Rear UCA Bushings | Pegasus Subframe Mounts
go_go_gadget88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 09:38 AM   #11
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_redrum View Post
Do you work for or sponsored by RDP? I always see you pushing their stuff. I do agree though, I have a tune from DynoSteve and it is a great. Just wondering..
lol...nope...was waitin for that q tho...just a firm believer and truly like helpin peeps on here especially those just startin out...hate to see threads about all kinds of $$$ spent and then not being happy with the results...breakin stuff...and basically not enjoyin their rides as much as I do! Very lucky to be able to DD this beast and Steve's tunes freakin rock! And who else has a free tune for life deal?...answer..nobody! tho in the near future expect it...hopefully...not...lol.

anyway the first thing peeps need to realize is that these cars are ALL computer...any..ANY..engine mod would benefit from a tune and even a stock car esp auto reaps benefits from a proper tune..and Steve's remote tunes get you very close to a dyno(IMHO) and per him!

so startin out on the right foot saves $$$, grief and time in the long run...

peace...
Old 05-04-2018, 12:24 PM   #12
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
lol...nope...was waitin for that q tho...just a firm believer and truly like helpin peeps on here especially those just startin out...hate to see threads about all kinds of $$$ spent and then not being happy with the results...breakin stuff...and basically not enjoyin their rides as much as I do! Very lucky to be able to DD this beast and Steve's tunes freakin rock! And who else has a free tune for life deal?...answer..nobody! tho in the near future expect it...hopefully...not...lol.

anyway the first thing peeps need to realize is that these cars are ALL computer...any..ANY..engine mod would benefit from a tune and even a stock car esp auto reaps benefits from a proper tune..and Steve's remote tunes get you very close to a dyno(IMHO) and per him!

so startin out on the right foot saves $$$, grief and time in the long run...

peace...

I do believe jre does the same thing.

OP you can give Ted a call and see what he offers, then compare with Steve and go with the best deal. I'm a firm believer in shopping around. sometimes you get more for your money sometimes your first stop ends up being the best stop. Good luck and have fun with what ever you end up deciding on.

Last edited by Reaper85; 05-04-2018 at 12:36 PM.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:02 PM   #13
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno dogg View Post
So I have about 2500 extra bucks to play with and a bone stock 2010 2SS RS with 6500 miles on it.My head hurts trying to decide what mods or upgrades to buy SO,I was hoping you all could help me with some ideas.
if you have a stock 2010 SS, suspension is where I would focus first. Cradle bushings, toe rods, trailing arms, sway bars. Adding power without upgrading your suspension will get more expensive as you will break everything under the car. Headers and tune would be second on the list after suspension.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2018, 01:24 PM   #14
Stormcloak
slower than you

Drives: 2012 C6 Z06
Really only you can answer this one. What do you feel the car's biggest shortcoming is? Once you decide, that will narrow your options.