Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-27-2008, 02:19 AM   #29
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supermans View Post
Am I the only one here that finds this Genesis ugly.. I like the 350Z a whole lot better in looks compared to this if I had to pick something similar...
Nope! You aren't the only one here who doesn't like it! I think it's fugly.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:20 AM   #30
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

Drives: 2005 Mazda RX8
Cool, thanks Scotsman...I wish I could see it in person...just like the Camaro.

Oh, and not sure if you all have seen this but I thought I'd share just in case.

http://car-movies.blogspot.com/2008/...upe-video.html

There are 3 video's there for your enjoyment.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #31
darthknight72

Drives: 1983 trans am
I would never even think about buying a import,so this car wouldnt even be on my radar.Give me my american V-8 RWD.If I couldnt get a Camaro,Then I would probably be looking at a Mustang.
darthknight72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:21 AM   #32
theholycow

Drives: '02 GMC Sierra, '80 Lesabre
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubanaso View Post
it's hard to argue against a good looking (not Camaro good looking for sure) rwd 3545 pound 3.8L V6 306-310HP coupe that is going to be sold for about 24K and will have all safety options and other tech options on top of that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
The Genesis coupe is really something. In fact its pretty high on my list of alternative choices to the Camaro (are you listening GM? Keep the price down).
Quote:
^I 2nd that, this is by far the best competition to the Camaro right now for me too. According to the spec's...

3545 pounds
RWD
3.8L V6 306-310HP (depending on fuel type)
6spd stick (LISTENING GM, some of us like to use STICK......get your minds out of the gutter people! LOL)
[...]
This car is more of a competitor to the new Camaro V6 (the cash cow of Camaro's sales) than anything else out there. No, it's not as good looking as the Camaro but it's good looking enough, has the right performance DNA with it's engine, and if the 300 pounds heavier Genesis sadan with the same engine can get PER THE NEW EPA #'s 18/27 this thing might also be a gas sipper considering it's powerful engine.
I couldn't have said it better than these three posts, except about it looking nice; at first glance I think it's kinda ugly. I also don't care about that very much. I love how the Camaro looks but that's not why I want it, it's just a fringe benefit. I want a decent sized, 6MT, RWD, low-priced, reasonably efficient, sometimes fun, always comfortable car.

The Camaro delivers a nice looking package, an interior that looks like I'll love it (most importantly), fulfillment of my lifelong dream of having a Camaro, and my comfort level with GM. The Genesis may deliver lower price (most importantly), street cred (don't give a damn), and cheaper aftermarket.

For me, having always wanted a Camaro and with how that interior looks, it would be tough for Hyundai to win my sale, but I have to say...it's not impossible.

Is the Genesis coupe not going to get the Tau V8?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyundai_Genesis
1980 Buick Lesabre family heirloom with 36,000 miles
2008 Volkswagen Rabbit 2 door I5-2.5 5spd DD lease
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
she really underestimates the damage i would do to her reproductive organs
http://allOffTopic.com is the place for all the naughty stuff you can't get away with on this forum...
theholycow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 12:48 PM   #33
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

^No, they talked about it but they said it's out of the picture right now. It would really be cool to have a a 375-400HP V8 in the lineup but I'm OK with the weight and V6.

Quote:
I would never even think about buying a import,so this car wouldnt even be on my radar.Give me my american V-8 RWD.If I couldnt get a Camaro,Then I would probably be looking at a Mustang.
That's cool, if that is how you think, that's fine. For me, I'm only loyal to who ever gives me the best bang for my buck. Who ever "understands" my performance/enthusiast mind (light weightish, rwd, stickshift, good price, 2+2 needs) and offers me the most for my money will win me as a customer.

I keep trying to buy from GM (I refuse to buy from Ford for more than one reason), and even considered the Charger but both companies apparently just don't get "ME" as a buyer or performance minded person.

I wanted the Camaro before it died off, but they killed it and then they built the G8 and forced a automatic on it, on Dodge's side they brought the charger 4dr (am I thinking of the right car?) but stuck a automatic on that also. Then...other than the Vette GM only makes FWD sporty cars which I do not care for and Dodge...well, they have a huge mess and have nothing I want.

So...what do I do? Get a FWD and blindly buy American (not saying you do, you have your reasons...I'm talking about me) just to buy American? Why? Who works for this money? Who has to live with this product? Why buy GM or Dodge then?

I'm sorry, but I don't shop like that. I had and still hold out that the LOVELY Camaro once I test drive it will sell me but it has super tight rear seating, weighs more than I'd like and while I'd LOVE...and I MEAN LOVE to own one I have a child, am planning another, and I just might need in the least more space in the rear.

What would I love honestly, a 6spd G8 GT but that aint going to happen per GM (aint paying for a EVEN LESS fuel efficient GXP) and until I test those rear seats in the Camaro I just don't see a possible future for me with the Camaro no matter how much I want it.

Honestly...that's a sad realization for me, so if this Genesis Coupe can keep me RWD, sporty 2-door with at least pretty good rear seating space then I'm sold. Either that, or a slightly used BMW 328i, ugly Subi WRX 265HP 2009 version (GOD help me), or maybe some other RXsomething or other from Mazda.

It pains me to be in this situation...but GM and Dodge, keep failing me.

Note: I know Mazda is largely owned by Ford...but they have been initiated in already.
Old 07-27-2008, 01:18 PM   #34
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Isn't Hyundai redoing the Tiburon as well?...or was that nameplate dropped for this instead?...

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 01:34 PM   #35
Cubanaso
Follower of CHRIST!

^yeah, I hear it's going to be redone also. This will be their top dog performer.

Oh, found some more info here...

http://www.hyundaiusa.com/vehicle/av...sis_Coupe.aspx
Old 07-27-2008, 05:50 PM   #36
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Cubanaso, couldn't agree more. Your criteria is also exactly what I'm looking for. The Camaro delivers in spades so far, but its nice to know we have options in case something goes wrong. And since the Genesis coupe so closely competes with the Camaro it forces GM to keep it competitive in terms of pricing and performance. Even if you don't want to buy a Genesis, it is still a very good thing for Camaro fans.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:43 PM   #37
MAC
Iroc-Z <3'r

Drives: '87 5.7L Iroc-Z
Quote:
^yeah, I hear it's going to be redone also. This will be their top dog performer.
I was looking at the Tiburons' engines specs the other day, if they were to get engines like this genesis is getting, (or if they had) they woulda been a much cooler car. I really liked the Tiburons exhaust pipe & taillight setup.

supposedly the new one is gonna be rwd too
I'm gonna go ahead and assume it's going to be a copy/paste of this genesis, just slightly different.

"Camaro Z/28 is back. Gentlemen, Don't even bother to start your engines."
MAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 08:52 PM   #38
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
The sell with this car is that it has serious CONTENT on top of all the other pluses of it's drivetrain specifications (as I've already mentioned). It should also be fairly easy to get this car up to over 400hp, especially when you take into consideration HKS is evaluating the car for mod potential. They've done superchargers for various other imports that make significant power grains over stock figures.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAC View Post

supposedly the new one is gonna be rwd too
Tib will always be FWD.
Old 07-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #39
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotsman View Post
Tib will always be FWD.
That is incorrect. The next one will be RWD.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 10:30 PM   #40
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
That is incorrect. The next one will be RWD.
Uh, and that's the Genesis coupe. Welcome to yesterday.
Old 07-27-2008, 11:35 PM   #41
storm79

Drives: 2007 GMC Sierra
hyundai is replacing the tiburon wit the genesis coupe
Old 07-28-2008, 12:51 AM   #42
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by storm79 View Post
hyundai is replacing the tiburon wit the genesis coupe
Nope. It's an addition.