Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #85
2SShowngo

Drives: 2013 black ZL1#456
damn Phil, you shoulda got those caps replaced under warranty. they already had to replace your rear tires so they were off anyway...lol.
2SShowngo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 PM   #86
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
Beautiful car man. I have just now started looking at ZL1 build threads in depth, and you have a very similar taste in mods that I have. Very clean and subtle tweaks to make the car unique, but most people would never know the difference.

Well done sir.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:47 PM   #87
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Happy 1 year anniversary of its arrival! I really like what you have done with the car.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #88
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Drives: 2019 ZL1 on Order
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
Beautiful car man. I have just now started looking at ZL1 build threads in depth, and you have a very similar taste in mods that I have. Very clean and subtle tweaks to make the car unique, but most people would never know the difference.

Well done sir.
Thankyou! and I loved your previous car so really looking forward to seeing what you do with ZLZBUBB!

And yeah I'm very much a fan of the clean/subtle tweaks that only the car people would notice...although my neighbors will say the Tri-Y headers are anything but subtle haha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Happy 1 year anniversary of its arrival! I really like what you have done with the car.

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
Haha thanks Tyler....I thought it would be just me that knew it was the first anniversary tomorrow!

I'm going to celebrate by taking her to the track and trying to get the #1 spot on the MFCC Fastlist - hopefully with the new mods I'll make it!

Although I'm still running stock tires so I'm expecting lots of spinning and not much more
Old 10-11-2013, 11:21 AM   #89
JDP Sales

Drives: Chevys at the limit
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern07 View Post
Thankyou! and I loved your previous car so really looking forward to seeing what you do with ZLZBUBB!

And yeah I'm very much a fan of the clean/subtle tweaks that only the car people would notice...although my neighbors will say the Tri-Y headers are anything but subtle haha!

Haha thanks Tyler....I thought it would be just me that knew it was the first anniversary tomorrow!

I'm going to celebrate by taking her to the track and trying to get the #1 spot on the MFCC Fastlist - hopefully with the new mods I'll make it!

Although I'm still running stock tires so I'm expecting lots of spinning and not much more
Nice! Good luck and let us know what you put down!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
JDP Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2013, 11:01 PM   #90
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@JDP View Post
Nice! Good luck and let us know what you put down!

Best regards,

Tyler
888-308-6007
So - as I suspected my car is pretty much useless on the stock tires as it just spins for about the first 1/8 mile haha - when it hooks it's fast - my mph is at 123/124 consistently - so looks like drag radials will be my next mod!

The track was super busy tonight too so only got 3 Runs in - one of which I tried a 2nd gear start to see if it helped and the answer was no haha!

Anyway - here's my last slip of the night which turned out to be my best run - you can see its a horrible 60' at nearly 2.1 lol!

Car number 44 - right lane - 12.036 & 124.32mph

Last edited by Modern07; 10-12-2013 at 12:41 AM.
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2013, 07:32 AM   #91
Sky

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RSky Edition
Wow, grats on taking the #1 spot.
Old 10-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #92
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post
Wow, grats on taking the #1 spot.
Haha thanks Man - but I have to get a better time quickly as both Joe and Jeff are coming after me!
Old 10-27-2013, 10:57 PM   #93
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

So today I finally got round to installing the NightOwl Halo Kit which I have had waiting to be installed for a few weeks now.

I enrolled the help of a couple of friends who are much better with both electronics and general car maintenance than me - and in all honesty there is no way I would have this up and running without them...they did pretty much all the work for me!

So I need to give a huge thanks to both James (ZaBeast07) and Doug ( 2SShowngo) for their help today!

Here is a pic of their cars protecting mine in James Garage where we did the install:

The first job is of course the bumper removal - it was the first time any of us had taken off a ZL1 bumper, but both James and Doug had removed V6 and SS versions - they will both attest to there being just a few more screws to take out on the ZL1 version!

Once the lights were out the hardest part of this install was absolutely the installation of the LEDs in the housing - you need a LOT of patience and some pretty small hands! With some perseverance though (and a couple of hours! ) we managed to get it all done....and then we put it all back together.

The kit is absolutely awesome...I installed the Halo Kit, Grill Light and DRL Harness...so now I can control all the front lights individually using the NightOwl app on my phone - Haven't really had much chance to play with any of the programs yet, but couldn't resist just setting up this one - of course I won't be running with it on the street anytime soon! (sorry for the poor quality video from my phone)

Overall I'm very very pleased with the Kit - it's going to make the shows I attend at night a little bit more fun now

Old 11-18-2013, 10:58 PM   #94
HawkGirl
COTW 11/18/2013

Drives: 750-HP ZL1 Carbon
Phenomenal build!
Old 11-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #95
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by HawkGirl View Post
Phenomenal build!
Thankyou!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:04 PM   #96
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Went out racing last night again - slightly lowered my time although still nowhere near where I should be - got a couple of videos of me running against joes407 in his ZL1 - he beat me on the launch and I couldn't reel him in - good race though but I need the all important drag radials that he has...

Here's the videos anyway...

Last edited by Modern07; 01-06-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Modern07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2014, 07:22 PM   #97
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

I actually added this a while ago but forgot to update the thread...a ZL1 embroidered Center Console Lid....courtesy of Maureen @ Rodgers Chevrolet!

Old 01-18-2014, 11:30 AM   #98
Modern07
Mid-Florida Camaro Club

Modern07 - 2013 Summit White ZL1

So this week decided to take off the Hi-Flow cats and replace with catless connection pipes - it's added a little bit of noise but nothing too bad - and more importantly I took it to the track last night and it definitely feels stronger, although that could of course just be due to the cool weather here at the moment.

Mph used to be 124 though and last night I was hitting 127 - although still need to order some drag radials to get decent times!

Did get this photo in the staging lanes which I like though - guy was running low 10's on the bike version of my car haha...