Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 11-13-2012, 05:17 PM   #15
trewyn15

Drives: 2004 Monte Carlo LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamZ View Post

Jokes aside. Complete believer in the idea that ancient aliens were a part of ancient Egypt, Mayans, so on. I'm sorry but these 100 ton H's do not get moved up a mountain by a small ancient village 10 thousand years ago by themselves. Then get cut with such precision that we can't reproduce them today. If you don't believe they were here then you are just silly.

link to more info on this one?
Old 11-13-2012, 05:21 PM   #16
trewyn15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apex Chase View Post
I am not a camera expert but I don't believe the issue is image quality, but frame rate. They need to get a high speed high resolution camera out there.
The camera that they used at the end should have been fairly high fps, probably above 100, which is decent, although they could definitely do better.
Old 11-13-2012, 06:19 PM   #17
Jayrcr3

Drives: 2011 IOM 2SS/RS
Having flown and been around R/C for years, I can't say I've ever seen anything move that quickly. R/C heli's are pretty fast, but that is crazy.

If it's a 60fps camera, and it's a couple miles away how fast would it have to travel in 1/60th of a second to make the image skip like that?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2
American Racing 1 7/8" Headers and Hi-Flow Cats, CAI cold air intake, Flowmaster AT exhaust, Vengeance Racing Stage 2 cam, VMax ported throttle body, TEA valve springs and titanium retainers, Trick Flow hardened pushrods, 180* T-stat, Comp Trunion kit, ZL1 Fuel Pump, ADM Fuel Pump Control Module, 20% window tint, Whipple Supercharger. Tuned by Mike Norris Motorsports. 656rwhp/584rwtq @10 PSI.
Jayrcr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:27 PM   #18
AdamZ
Account Suspended

Drives: Eve - 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by trewyn15 View Post
link to more info on this one?
That is Puma Punku....this is what sealed the deal for me on my beliefs. This city is amazing. Google search it and you'll find a bunch of stuff.
AdamZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:51 PM   #19
trailerrick

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Who ever they are maybe they came from here...

http://www.space.com/18390-super-ear...fographic.html
trailerrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:34 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I'm thinking that someone has done some tinkering on something similar to a quadrotor. Give it an aerodynamic faring around the main body, then add a small rocket motor. You'll have something that looks funny, can dart around, and hover.

Quote:

Jokes aside. Complete believer in the idea that ancient aliens were a part of ancient Egypt, Mayans, so on. I'm sorry but these 100 ton H's do not get moved up a mountain by a small ancient village 10 thousand years ago by themselves. Then get cut with such precision that we can't reproduce them today. If you don't believe they were here then you are just silly.

The thing with ancient agrarian societies is that they had a lot of people with a lot of free time on their hands. The reason that we aren't able to replicate what they did is the same reason that those people couldn't build 1500 foot high skyscrapers like we can: our methods are different.

Imagine a thousand years from now when humans no longer make buildings of concrete and steel but rather ... I don't know, lets say grow them using hyper-advanced genetic engineering techniques? I bet they'd be baffled by something like a slip-formed concrete structure thats been reinforced with steel (like the CN Tower, for example) could be built. To those who don't know how it was done, it would appear as if metal were embedded into solid rock. So a few generations after we stop building that way & our records become lost, it becomes a mystery as to how it was accomplished. But to us, today, its a standard construction practice.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 11:34 PM   #21
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
Look a UFO

Old 11-13-2012, 11:54 PM   #22
trewyn15

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianmotox View Post
Look a UFO

I kinda want one now... lol

Quote:
That is Puma Punku....this is what sealed the deal for me on my beliefs. This city is amazing. Google search it and you'll find a bunch of stuff.
I'll have to check it out! Thanks!
Old 11-14-2012, 12:00 AM   #23
christianmotox

Drives: ( . )( . )
I know right? With a shiny bottom to reflect light. Lol
Old 11-14-2012, 04:24 AM   #24
Brutal SS

Drives: 2019 Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Sorry AdamZ, but the whole ancient aliens idea has been thoroughly debunked. Point by point, it is all explained here, if you care to know the truth about Puma Punku, The Pyramids, etc. Watch this and you will understand why and how entities like History Channel have not been honest when it comes to 'ancient aliens'. This is truly enlightening on the subject!

Old 11-14-2012, 05:38 AM   #25
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nessal View Post
I find it hard to believe that this thing is real. I think someone is firing off camera. You don't see brass coming out and also the firing unit is not big enough to contain any amount of ammunition worth a damn. Maybe I'm wrong.
It isn't real.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:11 AM   #26
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutal SS View Post
Sorry AdamZ, but the whole ancient aliens idea has been thoroughly debunked. Point by point, it is all explained here, if you care to know the truth about Puma Punku, The Pyramids, etc. Watch this and you will understand why and how entities like History Channel have not been honest when it comes to 'ancient aliens'. This is truly enlightening on the subject!

+1

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 11:58 AM   #27
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:

Wait, what? We can't reproduce that kind of precision cutting on granite today? Uh...sure we can, just no need to.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:06 PM   #28
jdenotter

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,M6,Black w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Wait, what? We can't reproduce that kind of precision cutting on granite today? Uh...sure we can, just no need to.
Too bad it's not even granite.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

3" RDP Motorsports aggressive cat-back exhaust w/ x-pipe, Vararam CAI, Hurst's short throw shifter, Gary's Customs painted bowties, Ofer's HID DRL/Fog Light wiring harness, Kelvin 8K HID DRL bulbs, ZL1 grille. Johnson's window tint film, LSR lowering springs, Metra dash kit with Pioneer In-Dash DVD head unit.
jdenotter is offline   Reply With Quote