Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2013 Camaro5 Fest (IV)

Old 08-08-2013, 10:12 AM   #57
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Twisty View Post
I was asked to judge a show once..... Made one person really happy and pissed of 20.
I LOL'd at this from so many different angles. Mostly my own experiences.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevy 3 View Post
Lets add to the car show part of the fest. 2nd let's just leave the award part we have now alone. Most of them help build ,designe,sell, or promote these cars and should be able to choose what car they like .
Now if we could have a second show that fits in line with a full judged show that might make some a bit happier.
You guys would have to trailer those cars. Houston brings out some killer show only cars. Traveling to the fest is one thing that prevents white glove judging. Just can't see it happening.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:32 AM   #58
HuJass

Drives: GM
I don't necessarily think you need to have "white glove" judging.
You just need to split up stock & modified cars.
Keep judging modified cars the way you are now.
And judge stock cars with concours show rules.

Cleanliness can be just a visual thing.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
2002 Trans Am WS6 Collector Edition
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
HuJass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:34 AM   #59
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuJass View Post
I don't necessarily think you need to have "white glove" judging.
You just need to split up stock & modified cars.
Keep judging modified cars the way you are now.
And judge stock cars with concours show rules.

Cleanliness can be just a visual thing.
I think I seen 5 stock Camaros there.... all getting test drove.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:37 AM   #60
HuJass

Maybe people aren't bringing their stock Camaros out because the show seems to cater to modified cars?

If stock Camaro owners felt like they could win a trophy with their cars, they may come out.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 08-08-2013, 11:54 AM   #61
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Maybe people aren't bringing their stock Camaros out because the show seems to cater to modified cars?

If stock Camaro owners felt like they could win a trophy with their cars, they may come out.
There's a lot more to C5Fest than a car show. Stock Camaros were on the drag strip and autox along with all the other social functions. I believe we've heard your view enough in this thread and it's time to move on. Thanks,
Old 08-08-2013, 12:09 PM   #62
HuJass

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlee View Post
I believe we've heard your view enough in this thread and it's time to move on. Thanks,
Interesting.
Instead of having a conversation about how to improve an event to be more inclusive of all Camaro owners, you tell me to just shut my mouth and go away.

Not sure if you are a mod or not, but if you are, way to run a forum.
2004 Colorado ZQ8
1999 Blazer
1994 Grand Prix SE B4U
Old 08-08-2013, 12:26 PM   #63
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Interesting.
Instead of having a conversation about how to improve an event to be more inclusive of all Camaro owners, you tell me to just shut my mouth and go away.

You're not beating a dead horse at all are you.

We've listened. we've replied.

We've conceded that we're not perfect, there's room for improvement. we're not trying to be official.

you've communicated that doesn't appeal to you. We've acknowledged that...

And now the show is over, We are grateful to those who put in a ton of time to volunteer to run the car show.

And you continue reiterate you aren't a fan of how the car show was run...

our point is, it's time to agree to disagree.

sound fair?
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:36 PM   #64
GbrilliantQ
¡ʇuɐıןןıɹq

Drives: 2011 Camaro IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Interesting.

To be fair, this wasn't a thread about the car show or how it was run. It was about the Camaro/Chevy GM team and Mod awards that are given out.

Take mine for example, I wasn't even in the show. In the parking lot. Waiting for autographs. She said she just loved my car and wanted me to have her award.

How it ended up talking about white glove indoor car shows is beyond me.
GbrilliantQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #65
chef-beavis

Drives: IOM 2013 2SS/RS, Greenie, 06 FXSTBi
It took the path it took due to HJ tossing in a jab at the dog's car as a sidebar to establishing his point. I'm not sure why he singled this car out if he wasn't there to appreciate it or hate on it in person because photos don't do any car justice, good or bad.

HJ - You stated the thread did a few good things and drove a legit discussion. That, it did. It could have driven the same discussion points without singling out a car you didn't personally care for.

That aside, the discusion was good, the Fest was great, and I agree the time has come to let the poor L-dog lie. Beautiful car, whether it suits everyone's taste or not.

Thanks to the judges for their efforts and please do not turn this into a white glove, chalk mark event.
chef-beavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #66
fbodfather

Drives: Camaros................
Quote:
Interesting.

I really need to say a couple of things here......

First- he (MLEE) is a moderator. He's a great guy.

This is a HUGE site - so the Moderators spend an inordinate amount of time on this site keeping it friendly and keeping peace. Some may not agree, but simply look at the numbers of members and the numbers of posts every day. They're not perfect - but this is a great site to come to for any number of reasons. I truly believe that the difference between this site and many others is that people can't swear and carry on and have contests to see who can misbehave the worst...when they do, they get a warning and then they get a ban...... I think there are many people (like myself) that are tired of the foolishness on some sites. (and no, I'm not talking about the site that I know you from....)

Second - this isn't a concours show. It's not the Camaro Nationals. It's Camaro5Fest. That means that most of the cars at the event will be 5th gen Camaros. Some will come to drag race - some will come to autocross (CamaroCross!) some will come to park their Camaro and just look around - and others will come and detail their cars 'til the cows come home.

The Central Indiana Camaro Club offered (for the second year in a row) to hold a show and judge cars. One of their members just explained how he(they) chose their awards. There weren't that many of them and frankly I think that's appropriate.

On top of that - for the fourth year in a row - GM has provided Awards to select GM people - the moderators - the dealers present - and Ralph White (who is one of our licensees and who makes up the shirts and hats that GM/Moderators/Disciples wear) - and yes, Ralph comes to the show and picks his 'pick'

As I stated before - the whole idea behind the awards we provide are to "Pick the Camaro I'd best like to take home with me!" -- that's the rule. Subjective as all get-out.

I think the fact that you have asked so many questions - and in my opinion have come across a bit harshly - added with the fact that you weren't even there - and you drive a Challenger - makes people sit up and take notice (and not in a good way...)

I've attended more shows in the past 36 years than anyone that I know of.....and I get people complaining all the time. (one time a woman in California wrote to the Chairman of GM at the time - and complained that I was favoring someone else's car...........(...really???????)

I have a standard response to those who complain: How 'bout showing up next year and being a judge!

Now - I suspect that your posts may be driven by passion - and if that's the case - fine - but I think you may want to tone it down just a little bit............

"The name 'Camaro' means 'friend - pal - or comrade' ....."
Old 08-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #67
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Old 08-08-2013, 03:16 PM   #68
Cincy10SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
X 1,000
Traded-in car: K&N Typhoon intake, JBA Shorty headers, Solo mid-pipes/hi-flow cats, GMPP Track Pack axle-back, Vmax ported TB, Billet Custom catch can, billet tensioner pulley, Hines Hex Vents, Z/TA rear spoiler, ProCustom headlight covers, Drake black/riveted quarter window covers, GM satin fuel door, chrome and brushed caps/covers under the hood, EmblemPros underhood bowtie & fuel rail "Camaro" plates, chrome "SS" door kick-panels, chrome trunk latch plate & strut rods, Street Scene lower grille ducts w/LED lights, front bowtie-delete, Yates Performance pedals, 35% tint, etc.
Cincy10SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:31 PM   #69
jksynergy

Drives: 11 SW SYNERGY SERIES/14 1SS 1LE
fbodfather and mods,
thank you for getting this to end. I simply put up the post to see who won what, nothing more. I did not even mention that our car took home the Team Camaro award from John Cox, didn't feel a reason to so I left that out. Now that there is a sticky post for these awards I'll add it there.
Sorry that this got out of hand, but people will be people and not much we can do about that.

2014 1SS 1LE. Bama, sporting Red Rock Metallic demon's horns, when we are ready to get naughty and open a can of whoopass! Airaid, Spectre, Xpel,Bowler shifter Peddars, UMI, Ult Perf. Diode Dynamics, JRE Tune, XS Power battery,
Hooker Headers Blackheart exhaust,Powerbrake
InstaGram & Twitter: @jlouie62
FB: hangtimeracing
jksynergy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:42 PM   #70
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by jksynergy View Post
fbodfather and mods,
thank you for getting this to end. I simply put up the post to see who won what, nothing more. I did not even mention that our car took home the Team Camaro award from John Cox, didn't feel a reason to so I left that out. Now that there is a sticky post for these awards I'll add it there.
Sorry that this got out of hand, but people will be people and not much we can do about that.
No worries. We honestly don't mind people voicing their concerns or complaints. Sometimes we have a reason why things are the way they are and sometimes we don't. Whenever possible we are willing to change something especially if it will make the show better for everyone.

Thanks for the kind words everyone.
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote