Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-05-2011, 08:07 PM   #71
Sawyer

Drives: '13 5.0
Gear options would be nice.
Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:43 PM   #72
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BackinBlackSS/RS View Post
He does have a point though. Correct me if I'm wrong(and that could definitely be the case ), but If I had a 5.0, I can put the Ford blower on it and have a full warranty. This is not any SVT, Roush, Shelby car. This is a stock 5.0.

You are approaching this in the wrong way. You have to look at it from a business prospective, not a customer one.

Ford can/is willing to put up a lot of money and risk it (I don't know their finances but I'm sure they've done cost analysis for this and know they can cover it if things go horribly wrong).

Why would Chevy up and risk millions/billions of dollars to give you a supercharger, when they have other cars that COME BUILT FOR THE SUPERCHARGER. You get what I am getting at?

STOP THINKING AS A CUSTOMER. THINK AS A BUSINESS. Are you willing to put up your money to insure your engine for my mods? If I go buy a supercharger, are you willing to foot the bill to repair my engine if it ever blows up? You know how complicated warranties would get? How many stipulations there'd be? If you buy GM supercharger you have to also buy the fuel pumps and this and that and your tune has to be like this and that.... Yeah... Just not financially worth it.
blizzpat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:46 PM   #73
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post

You are approaching this in the wrong way. You have to look at it from a business prospective, not a customer one.

Ford can/is willing to put up a lot of money and risk it (I don't know their finances but I'm sure they've done cost analysis for this and know they can cover it if things go horribly wrong).

Why would Chevy up and risk millions/billions of dollars to give you a supercharger, when they have other cars that COME BUILT FOR THE SUPERCHARGER. You get what I am getting at?

STOP THINKING AS A CUSTOMER. THINK AS A BUSINESS. Are you willing to put up your money to insure your engine for my mods? If I go buy a supercharger, are you willing to foot the bill to repair my engine if it ever blows up? You know how complicated warranties would get? How many stipulations there'd be? If you buy GM supercharger you have to also buy the fuel pumps and this and that and your tune has to be like this and that.... Yeah... Just not financially worth it.
Ok, got it. GM looks at it from a business standpoint and Ford looks at it from a customer standpoint.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2011, 08:50 PM   #74
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Quote:
Ok, got it. GM looks at it from a business standpoint and Ford looks at it from a customer standpoint.

They both look at it at a business point... What car does Ford make that's a 4 door 500hp car? (CTS-V?) What car that ford makes can compete with a Z06 or ZR1? (Ford doesn't make the GT)

The high fast ford car is a $50k~ gt500.... They don't really have TRUE performance cars from the factory like GM does... So they kind of have to offer you an extra goodie to get your car to compete. On the other hand, GM doesn't have to. Why would GM give you a warrantied car that can outrun a ZR1? I mean I could make my camaro faster than a ZR1 in a straight line for less than the ZR1 costs, and have a warranty!? Man... Sucks for people who get that ZR1!
Old 05-05-2011, 08:52 PM   #75
ss=scuba steve

Drives: 2011 1SS Cyber Gray Metallic
Name:  images-2.jpeg
Views: 84
Size:  13.6 KB
Old 05-05-2011, 08:54 PM   #76
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzpat View Post

They both look at it at a business point... What car does Ford make that's a 4 door 500hp car? (CTS-V?) What car that ford makes can compete with a Z06 or ZR1? (Ford doesn't make the GT)

The high fast ford car is a $50k~ gt500.... They don't really have TRUE performance cars from the factory like GM does... So they kind of have to offer you an extra goodie to get your car to compete. On the other hand, GM doesn't have to. Why would GM give you a warrantied car that can outrun a ZR1? I mean I could make my camaro faster than a ZR1 in a straight line for less than the ZR1 costs, and have a warranty!? Man... Sucks for people who get that ZR1!
I hate to tell you this, but Ford not offering certain cars vs GM has NOTHING to do with why FORD allows you to put a supercharger on a 5.0 with warranty and GM will not with the SS. You will never convince me of that.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:56 PM   #77
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Anyways, I am done here. As I said earlier, I do not care what Ford does.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:57 PM   #78
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Look down lol
Old 05-05-2011, 08:58 PM   #79
blizzpat
Account Suspended

Quote:
I hate to tell you this, but Ford not offering certain cars vs GM has NOTHING to do with why FORD allows you to put a supercharger on a 5.0 with warranty and GM will not with the SS. You will never convince me of that.
Put it like this.

I spend $31,000 on my SS.
Another $15,000 in mods (S/C, H/C/I)

That's a total of $46,000 and a warranty.

I can now outrun a $75,000 Z06. So for almost half the price I have a faster car and I have a warranty.
Old 05-06-2011, 09:21 PM   #80
PercyJWellingtonIII
Account Suspended

Drives: pontiac
Not to much you can do other than bolt ons with these and all other modern cars. After bolt ons and a tune you need to go into the engine and make changes but these engines are hail of a lot more complicated and more expensive than oldies but goodies. An old 60s car you could add a cam in your backyard. Pull the heads and shave them at your local shop and put it back together or have a choice of 10 or 15 different carburetor setups. Cant do that today with multi cams, computer timing and controls....its all just so damn complicated.
PercyJWellingtonIII is offline   Reply With Quote