Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-03-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
GATORJAK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I wave at all muscle cars when I'm in my Camaro, and all Jeeps when I'm in my Jeep. It is obvious who is an enthusiast and who should be driving a VW.
Old 05-03-2011, 05:56 PM   #16
camaroracing2834
Mike, Go Yanks & Giants!!

Drives: Use to drive 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Frankly I never understood why you would wave to a stranger just because they drive the same type of car as you. I guess everyone that drives a minivan should wave to each other.
How do you know the guy isn't an A-hole, Axe murderer, or a drug dealer? Just because they drive camaros doesn't mean they're people I want to hang with.
It's the same concept with Motorcycles, whether they are Harley's or crotch rockets they give the sign at the bottom left of each other as they pass! it's like their saying "whats up nice bike!!" I do it with other Camaro's when ever I see one. I always get a wave back!
camaroracing2834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:01 PM   #17
angie7
Smoked by a GIRL

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
We wave b/c people who buy and drive these cars are awesome and have incredible taste! These aren't your average just buy a car and drive whatever to get us to the store types. I put a lot of thought in buying this car, it was between 3 sports car and the camaro won so I'm proud of it. I wave most of the time but sometimes I don't...depends. I've noticed that the women that drive these cars, arent that friendly but the men are but I'm a chick and wave anyways
Old 05-03-2011, 06:04 PM   #18
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
for starters......WE get it.....its why we are here. When I am going down the road and see another Camaro, I flash my lights, and or wave. Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don't. I kind of feel sorry for those that don't, as those are the poeple that "don't get it", to them, its just a car.....and they are missing out. The world takes all kinds.....its what makes things interesting.
Old 05-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Wanna have some fun. Honk and wave at EVERYONE............
Old 05-03-2011, 06:07 PM   #20
Cam 427

Drives: 2010 2SS
Riding my R1 usually every biker waves. I wave back as a courtesy, but usually don't intiate a wave. As far as the Camaro, I've never gotten a wave from another Camaro driver but do get waves from GTOs and older muscle car drivers.
Cam 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:11 PM   #21
Texas2SS
Vroom

Drives: Rarely
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Wanna have some fun. Honk and wave at EVERYONE............
Old 05-03-2011, 06:12 PM   #22
camaroracing2834
Mike, Go Yanks & Giants!!

Drives: Use to drive 2010 Camaro LLT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
for starters......WE get it.....its why we are here. When I am going down the road and see another Camaro, I flash my lights, and or wave. Sometimes they respond, sometimes they don't. I kind of feel sorry for those that don't, as those are the poeple that "don't get it", to them, its just a car.....and they are missing out. The world takes all kinds.....its what makes things interesting.
I couldn't have said it any better. Right on!
camaroracing2834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 06:14 PM   #23
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
If they're too stuck up to wave screw 'em. If they're friendly and they wave, I'll be friendly and wave right back.
Honk and wave at people on cel phones for fun and safer roads. Really. Who can hear when some jerk is honking his horn?

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #24
mamaro

Drives: '10 IOM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas2SS View Post
Waving isn't suggesting that you want to hang out with the person or be best friends. It's an acknowledgement of the vehicle you and they chose to buy and your enthusiasm for them.
Exactly!!
mamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:33 PM   #25
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
I posted this in a very similar thread....same applies...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
While I do enjoy the thumps up every now and then, I don't really care one way or the other. I am one of those cocky poseurs who doesn't wave, thumps up, or flash lights. I drive with my windows up and mostly in urban areas with lots of traffic. I prefer to keep my car safe and drive defensively rather than gawk at cars while negotiating traffic. If i want to admire and praise peoples rides I go to car shows and cruise-ins. If your ride is dirty, I am certain there would never be any sort of praise or recognition heaped on your car by me. Yeah, I am that guy...

I am a car enthusiast...I like ALL sorts of different cars. I don't particularly like to bring attention to myself or my car. On that note, I have yet to have anyone try and encourage a race or whatever out of me either. Whether I wave or don't wave has nothing to do with what kind of person I am or how much of an enthusiast I am. I did get pissed once though when I was at Wendy's, the guy at the next table over didn't recognize that the we shared the same great taste in burgers!

20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #26
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadspearo View Post
Last weekend we did quite a bit of driving in the camaro. I notice some camaro owners are true enthusiasts and others might as well be driving a camry. I like it when fellow owners acknowledge each other not diss you by ignoring....... this should all start at the dealership when people are looking to buy a new car. the sales people should qualify the buyers and find out if they will be able to handle the responsibilities of owning such a car......
I know what you mean. A year ago, I was at Wal-Mart and a gal pulled up in a Victory Red '10 Camaro LS.

I told her she had a nice ride. She said, "Thanks."

I tried telling her about Camaro5.com and she just didn't "get it".
INTIMIDAT3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:38 PM   #27
Hetfield03

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Black/IOM
I do the OK sign or as some call it the a** hole sign to get people to look. Then when they do and give me that oh **it expression, then grin... Thats fun.
ZL1 Factory Reproduction Wheels, Airaid CAI, MRT V 2.0 Axle Back Installed by PIE Customs, Painted IOM Rally Stripes, Bowties by Danny Taylor Louisville KY, IOM Engine Cover and Fusebox Cover by River City Creations and Lighting San Antonio TX.
Hetfield03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:35 PM   #28
coolman

When we were kids my brother and I used to flip people off at stop signs. My dad could not figure out why so many people would flip him off or yell at our car until he figured out what we were doing and kicked both our asses. LOL
coolman is offline   Reply With Quote