Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-04-2011, 03:14 PM   #71
ffrcobra_65
Account Suspended

Drives: SuperCharged 2SS/RS IOM MN6
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
I think the fact that someone even purchases a car like this makes them some type of an enthusiasts. Maybe not like you and me but if they weren't they would be driving a whatever. The ones you have to questions are the ones that only have them for a status symbol or because it's the trendy thing to own right now. I know there are plenty of them out there.
yep, you nailed it.
ffrcobra_65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2011, 03:20 PM   #72
Ironheadspearo
ride the pain train

Drives: 2011 1LT RS, 1998 fxstc HD
[QUOTE=motorhead;3179728]I don't see anything to lighten up about with that post. it was just a comment just the same as everyone else. I just don't see how choosing not to wave to people doesn't make me a car enthusiast. It's like a rich investment banker that owns a harley waving to a Hells's angle riding his. It's like yea right, I bet you'll see those two showing up at the local bar to kick back a few.

Let me asked you this. If your not in your camaro ,but you still pass one do you still wave? I bet most of you don't. Which really makes no sense. Do you stop being a car enthusiast when your not in your camaro?[/QUOTE]

Actually I do wave which makes the people probably feel weird lol.... i was riding my harley home the other night and pulled up next to a IOM SS looked at the guy gave him a huge thumbs up, mouthed the words "I Have one too" and he grinned and i pulled away.
Old 05-04-2011, 04:04 PM   #73
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
So I just rolled through a couple motorcycle enthusiast websites and guess what....some of them apperently don't agree on when and why they wave/nod/salute each other. Anyways....If I was cruising at a safe speed in a low traffic area where somebody gave me a thumbs up...sure I might wave back. Heck, maybe I would even wave first. The reality is that most of my driving takes place in heavier traffic that is a city and or on a freeway at 75mph with lots of traffic. I won't stop defensive driving and start oggling cars on the road just because it might make somebodies day better or give them the warm and fuzzies. Shit can go down real quick at 75mph and/or in heavy traffic where there are multiple lane streets with the numerous curbside entrances and exits....
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2011, 02:47 PM   #74
Blk-Ice
750HP of Twisted Reaper!

Drives: Blk 2SS/Blk Carb Fibr NS-1 stripes
Quote:
I don't see anything to lighten up about with that post. it was just a comment just the same as everyone else. I just don't see how choosing not to wave to people doesn't make me a car enthusiast. It's like a rich investment banker that owns a harley waving to a Hells's angle riding his. It's like yea right, I bet you'll see those two showing up at the local bar to kick back a few.

Let me asked you this. If your not in your camaro ,but you still pass one do you still wave? I bet most of you don't. Which really makes no sense. Do you stop being a car enthusiast when your not in your camaro?
No actually i give a thumbs up even if i AM in my other veh! I never said that i didn't think u were not a car enthusiast because u dont agree with the masses.......just that i choose to show my approval rather than ignore! If u choose not to...well thats your choice.
Old 05-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #75
Supercamaro64
Right, right.

Drives: 79 Z28, 86 Camaro, 94 Burb 4x4
Quote:
Frankly I never understood why you would wave to a stranger just because they drive the same type of car as you. I guess everyone that drives a minivan should wave to each other.
How do you know the guy isn't an A-hole, Axe murderer, or a drug dealer? Just because they drive camaros doesn't mean they're people I want to hang with.
(most) people who drive minivans didnt buy them for the joy of driving it. they bought it cuz they needed haul their kids to soccer practice. whereas (most) people who drive camaros(or challengers, or corvettes, etc) bought it cuz they like the car, and enjoy driving it. i have always waved at other camaro owners, and always will. you dont have to want to be their best friend, youre just acknowledging a shared interest in an awesome car.
Supercamaro64 is offline   Reply With Quote