Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro Convertible Forum

Old 02-25-2013, 03:39 PM   #519
95birdible

Drives: 2012 1SS Camaro Convertible
Just a really dumb question but why did you buy a top with holes in it already? I and many others would of run away as fast as we could from it. Now you only have 9k left on the top for warranty. Once it is out of warranty, you are out of luck. Unless you can get GM or the dealership to get you an extended warranty for the top.
"Green Flash"
95birdible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 05:18 AM   #520
Eluzion661

Drives: 2014 2SS Convert
Hello people I'm new to this site and I recently purchased a 2011 SS2 convertible. I Wanted to know if someone can check my vin number to see if my camaro falls in the top recall, 2G1FK3DJ8B9195792 Much appreciated thank you I pick up the car this weekend.
Eluzion661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:59 AM   #521
fab410
@fabSSbuild on IG

Drives: 2012 Twin Turbo Super Sport
If possible, can you guys check mine 2G1FK3DJ4C9188274

Thanks

AGP Twin Turbo, FAST lsxR manifold, ID850's, Squash Return Style Fuel System, ZL1 Bumper/Side Skirts/Hood/Carbon Insert, Havoc Rear Diffuser, PFADT Coilovers/Sway Bars/Adj. Tie Rods/Solid Subframe Bushings/Trailing Arms, Eboost2, SW Retro Chambered 3" Catback, R1 Concept Drilled/Slotted Rotors, 360 Forged Straight 5's, Matte Metallic Purple Wrap, Anvil Carbon Spoiler, Full AAC Lighting, etc
fab410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 07:08 AM   #522
motorhead2011

Drives: 2011 IPC,2014 GT500
Mine is fine but not many miles on it.It's waiting for the dealer to work on it for the recall.I called the dealer yesterday about when they want it,they told me it will be a few weeks as they have to send a tech for training on the recall first.
motorhead2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 08:28 AM   #523
Michael Rophone

Drives: Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20HoosierDaddies10 View Post
Of course I bought it last night and found this thread today, I feel a little ill and pray I don't have continual issues with the top...
Jerry, don't feel bad about just discovering this thread.

I was on this Forum with a 2010 Coupe for nearly two years and never once looked at the Convertible threads
...until AFTER I traded the coupe for a 2012 Convertible.

Michael Rophone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #524
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheryls_Inferno_Conv View Post
Hi. I just signed the paperwork yesterday. My car should be delivered by next weekend!
Will you check my VIN please?
2G1FK3DJ3C9190713
Thank you!

Hi Cheryls_Inferno_Conv,
There are not any open recalls on your vehicle.
If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Brandon)
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-26-2013, 01:40 PM   #525
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20HoosierDaddies10 View Post
Well I final bought a newer Camaro, 2011 RS/SS Convertible, used with 27K on the odometer ( I already have a 67). Of course I bought it last night and found this thread today, I feel a little ill and pray I don't have continual issues with the top. There are already 2 small holes, one on the driver side and the other in the exact spot on the passenger side. When I bought it they made note on the ready bill of the holes and said they would take a look into repairing it. I also notice an odd odor in the trunk, or course nobody else could smell anything. Now I find this thread and Im scared this thing had water in it at some point. The top otherwise has a nice fit, goes up and down great, no wind noise, flapping etc. It is a "Certified Pre-owned" Vehicle with an extended 48,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty, and I purchased additional warranty to get me bumper to bumper to 102K. Of course the top is specifically excluded I believe. With the holes already in the top, should the next course of action be to replace it under factory warranty?

Car was shipped 5-19-2011

Brandon can you check out my VIN and see what has already been done as far as recalls etc.? 2G1FK3DJ8B9197865

Thanks in Advance,

Jerry

Hi 20HoosierDaddies10,
There are no open recalls associated with your VIN. We can only furnish current information. Any past work on your vehicle would have to be obtained by the current owner at the dealership.

If you have any questions, please let us know.

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Brandon)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:44 PM   #526
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeing Stars View Post
Could someone check on my car please?
Hi Seeing Stars,
There are no open recalls on your vehicle. If you have any further questions or concerns please let us know.

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Brandon)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:47 PM   #527
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by fab410 View Post
If possible, can you guys check mine 2G1FK3DJ4C9188274

Thanks
Hi fab410,
I checked your VIN and you have no open recalls. Let us know if there's anything we can do to assist you further.

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Brandon)
Old 02-26-2013, 01:50 PM   #528
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
For the people buying Used Convertibles.
As far as I know there has never been an actual recall on the tops. There are some TSBs that address some issues but not all. I suggest if you have any problems take it in to the dealership ASAP and get it checked and documented. There are known issues with 2011 and some 2012 tops. Just because there are no open TSBs on your car does not mean they were completed correctly or it may be an issue not covered under a TSB. Still many people have had no issues at all. In any case I will say this again, take it in and get it documented at least. Your warranty should still cover it if it goes beyond the warranty period on any ongoing repairs.
Old 02-26-2013, 01:51 PM   #529
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead2011 View Post
Mine is fine but not many miles on it.It's waiting for the dealer to work on it for the recall.I called the dealer yesterday about when they want it,they told me it will be a few weeks as they have to send a tech for training on the recall first.

Hi motorhead2011,
Sorry to hear about your vehicle's issues. If you have any further concerns regarding the recall or would like to keep us up to date on your vehicle's progress, please feel free to PM us anytime with your contact info, VIN, mileage and name of dealer.

Thank you,
Sara (Assisting Brandon)
Old 02-26-2013, 04:56 PM   #530
Eluzion661

Drives: 2014 2SS Convert
Hello Chevy customer,,
I see you were able to run some vin numbers for some vehicles about their convertible recall. Would you be able to run mine to see if I need it or not I pick up the car this weekend and I just want to make sure,, thanks man,,my vin number is on the page before this one,,,seems like you accidently skipped me. Thanks again
Eluzion661 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 11:19 AM   #531
MiSS1LE

Drives: 2014 1LE & 2014 C7
Information sent via PM
MiSS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 12:14 PM   #532
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eluzion661 View Post
Hello Chevy customer,,
I see you were able to run some vin numbers for some vehicles about their convertible recall. Would you be able to run mine to see if I need it or not I pick up the car this weekend and I just want to make sure,, thanks man,,my vin number is on the page before this one,,,seems like you accidently skipped me. Thanks again

I can check it! Send me a private message with your VIN and mileage.

Brandon