Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing

Old 07-02-2013, 11:23 AM   #211
jake2212

Drives: none (yet)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
sure. for starters I, a 19 year old boy knew more about my car than the techs at fairway. they tried telling me that i needed to replace my radiator as well as my condenser when i went in to get a new condenser put in. also, apparently my car is "too heavily modded for warranty work." so i went to bozarth and they pretty much treated me horribly. it was as if they didn't want me there and the tech was rude to me the whole time i was talking to him. terrible service and i will never go back again. findlay on the other hand is the only dealer i will go to here in las vegas. their service techs are very friendly and know what they are talking about. i ended up talking to the service manager for a good 1 hr the other week about cars in general. when they put my new condenser in they did it pretty quick and it was a painless experience, i actually kind of enjoyed it.
I recant my last statement about Findlay chevrolet in Las Vegas. they are turning out to be complete crooks and using scare tactics against me. 1-2 weeks ago my car was having front suspension issues. they blamed it on my front springs because they were installed incorrectly. they fixed the issue but then i started hearing the noise again. i took it back and they tried overcharging me for work and tried telling me that i can no longer use my warranty and tried filling my ears with a bunch of crap. it's to the point where i am actually going back to my stock springs because i do not want to deal with it anymore. they told me from now on if i ever have a problem with my front suspension (even if i put the stock springs back on) that it will cost $150 to get it check out(not even do work on it!) i am so sick of the dealerships out here because it turns out none of them are good in one way or another. i never thought anybody would ever be able to discourage me from having my car the way I WANT IT.
jake2212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #212
The Stig
knows 2 facts about ducks

Drives: ...and they're both wrong
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
This is a story I wanted to share with all of my fellow North Texas Camaro 5 owners. It is meant to share my experiences with the dealer and I fully understand you may have had nothing but good experiences with them. Unfortunately that is not the case for me. I bought my car from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine and have had my car serviced by them through my entire history.

Note that strike 1 and 2 were all because of sloppy service technician. The service consultant Yrenio Carrera did everything in his power to show what being the Mark of Excellence meant. On strike 3 the dealer nor Yrenio even bother to apologize for their mistake.

Strike 1: Service technician putting a dent on my driver door panel
Around this time this year (Early July 2012) I took my car for emergency maintenance where I had to get my lifters and cam replaced. The service technician left a nice ding on my driver door when I picked it up. I took it back to dealer on July 22nd and they started the repair. I received word on 8/7 that car my ready so picked it up. No door ding anymore. Unfortunately on 8/20 when I was giving her a full detail I noticed a big scrape on the inside of my driver door as well as the trunk release button not working. They finally replied on 8/30 that they want me to bring the car back to fix the damage. Turns out the dent repair man drilled and scrapped the inside of my door as well as broke the inside of the panel while repairing the dent. On 9/6 they call me back and say she is ready. I go pick her up and immediately put her back . They had given it to the dent person to repair and he did a horrendous job on the paint job. I don’t even want to call it a paint job because it was not matching or meshed together. Finally I go pick the car up 9/15 and find the steering wheel scratched. By the time they finally got the correct steering wheel it was 10/19.

This strike is on the service technician because of the lack of attention and sloppiness from the service technician that added a dent. The service consultant Yrenio did everything in his power to do right on this mistake.

Strike 2: Service technician forgetting to check if he had the right fuse box
In late January of this year I went in because my seat warmer was not properly working. Turns out the issue was that the fuse contacts on the fuse box were worn out causing a loss of connection. Note they were able to diagnose this issue with my aftermarket Scocshe dash kit. After driving it a few days I noticed the AC is not blowing. You twist the knob and the fan was not turning on. I took it in on 2/7 and what was their response… Diagnostic lead us to the aftermarket controller to be at fault. We are unable to work on aftermarket products and you will be required to take back to origination of installation for repairs. I reply on 2/7 that it was not the Scosche kit as it was working fine and I had even attempted a 2nd HVAC that I had form Scosche and scratched that off my list but that I would agree to their terms and put my car back to stock. Note that this charge to turn the car back to stock and then reinstall the kit was incurred on me. Do you want to know what the problem was?.... Ineptitude. The fuse block that was replaced by my service technician did not have the pins in the backside for the blower fuse. This is something that the technician should have watched out for when he replaced the fuse box. You want to know how much they refunded me for the removal and add of the Scosche kit… $50 dollars for 2 hrs labor time. It was hard to get this money out of them and they were still holding that for whatever reason their tech tools diagnosed the communication issue but could not find any problems this time around. It’s funny that they say they charge 25$ an hour for labor when everyone else charges 90-100. My incurred cost was not $50 but 324$ for 3 hrs of labor and tax. I honestly think the $25 an hour rate is BS but I have no way to prove it. I tried to get them to quote me a separate job via email so I can see their hourly rate but they didn’t want to give me price. Note at this point they feel so humiliated by their mistakes that they ask that anytime I bring my car for warranty work that it must be stock. Ladies and gentleman you hear it here that Classic will automatic blame your aftermarket parts without doing proper diagnostics

Again this strike is on the service technician for not making his checks before saying he was done and for Classic to blame and undercut compensation for their mistake. The service consultant Yrenio did everything in his power to do right. Although I don’t believe the proper compensation was given the mark of good customer service was there because Yrenio apologized for the technician’s mistakes

Strike 3: Service technician not bothering to check my brake wear.
I had my car in the shop on May 29th for some warranty work for my door lock. After that was resolved I had them to service which was part of my pre paid service package. Everything seemed fine until a few weeks later. It’s about mid June and I start hearing allot of noise from my brakes. I email back and forth with the service consultant and avoids a very basic question which gets me upset. I ask “isn’t checking the brake wear part of your normal inspection when servicing the vehicle.” He keeps avoiding that question until the end and ever goes as far as telling me it was going to be a $59 diagnostic fee for them to check what should have been checked on May 29th. Finally on 6/20 he admits that the 21 pt inspection does include a visual brake inspection to the best of the technician’s abilities. He says: I have no further information to give you at this time without a brake inspection. Please e-mail me back if you would like to make an appointment. No apology for no visual inspection being made whatsoever an no empathy. At that point I said I’m done with this dealer and had my brakes done at Scotty’s automotive. They were mostly all worn out with the most on one of them at 20% so I do not understand how the Classic technician failed to visually inspect that the brakes were worn.
This 3rd strike is not only on the technician but on the service consultant and Classic as a whole. Shop and service managers Tim Brogan and Joe Laubhan were CC’d on the emails and all it could have taken from them was to say a simple I’m sorry.

I requested a cancellation of my remaining service plan and today I got by $100 refund for the remaining 2 services and decided to share with you my entire story. I hope this story helps others in deciding where to have their Camaro serviced here in North Texas. I cannot in good conscious continue to recommend Classic Chevrolet. I did before when they apologized and showed empathy but not anymore. The mistakes by the service technician just kept piling up and the customer service just kept going down. Classic Chevrolet of Grapevine you are not my GM dealer of the year and you have not earned the mark of excellence that your consultants proudly wear.

Any good dealers where the technicians take care of our vehicles properly? I hear Bruce Lowrie might be worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsBroke View Post
Ray Huffines Chevrolet in Plano Texas gets a Green Light and a lot of for my Service Advisor, Reggie Pimento.

When I had window tinting done a few weeks ago, the tech there pointed out that the trim by the back seat passenger side window had popped up. So when I went back to Huffines to pick up my license plates I pointed the situation out to Reggie and he said okay, we'll order another trim piece and call me when it's in. Well yesterday I went up to have it installed; left the car and got a courtesy shuttle ride to work. By noon the trim piece was installed. I got a ride back after work to pick it up, and Reggie explained to me that the reason the trim piece was up was because the tech where I got the tinting done pulled it up but didn't fasten it back down properly and one of the hooks on the trim broke off. So, long story short, this wasn't really a warranty repair, and they could've actually charged me but instead Reggie just said, "we took care of it", and sent me on my way. Of course this could all have been a fabrication by the trim tech at Huffines, but I have no reason to think that at this time. Anyway, Huffines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jake2212 View Post
I recant my last statement about Findlay chevrolet in Las Vegas. they are turning out to be complete crooks and using scare tactics against me. 1-2 weeks ago my car was having front suspension issues. they blamed it on my front springs because they were installed incorrectly. they fixed the issue but then i started hearing the noise again. i took it back and they tried overcharging me for work and tried telling me that i can no longer use my warranty and tried filling my ears with a bunch of crap. it's to the point where i am actually going back to my stock springs because i do not want to deal with it anymore. they told me from now on if i ever have a problem with my front suspension (even if i put the stock springs back on) that it will cost $150 to get it check out(not even do work on it!) i am so sick of the dealerships out here because it turns out none of them are good in one way or another. i never thought anybody would ever be able to discourage me from having my car the way I WANT IT.
Added all of these to the OP - thanks guys
Old 07-05-2013, 09:18 AM   #213
NSANEBLK

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT/RS -1969 Camaro L65
Thank you for this thread!

I can add a stealership for NC - Bobby Murray in Raleigh.

I did not buy the car from them but went to their service department for warranty work. They did fine with several things on the initial trip but the leather seat cover on the passenger side was a nightmare. Originally just the snap on the seat belt holder broke but it took almost a year, no less than 7 return visits, 3 replacement covers and a call to GM to get it fixed. Most of the visits would have been unnecessary if someone would have bothered to check out the work before telling me the car was ready.

Last edited by NSANEBLK; 07-05-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: add
NSANEBLK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 12:31 AM   #214
Caliz

Drives: 2012/1SS
Any good dealership in sacramento/elk grove area?? Heard about Abel chevy but those guys aren't open on weekends.. so i need somebody who are open during weekends..
Caliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 02:12 PM   #215
6bangerBOOM

Drives: 2016 1SS SW
Gound Chevrolet Nacogdoches Texas
Couldn't be a more friendly and professional service Dept. Last year they let me pick my car up every night (for a few nights) to drive to my nightshift job, and they worked on it during the days while I slept.
6bangerBOOM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 08:14 AM   #216
vm1971

Drives: 2017 SS
Kinda late here...

but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add to NJ:

ELKINS Chevrolet, Marlton, NJ - AWESOME.
http://elkinschevrolet.com/

Seriously. Buying or looking? Go. Ask for Adam.

V
Old 07-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #217
leonm47

Drives: Inferno Orange 2013 LT2-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by camarograna2 View Post
This is a story I wanted to share with all of my fellow North Texas Camaro 5 owners. It is meant to share my experiences with the dealer and I fully understand you may have had nothing but good experiences with them. Unfortunately that is not the case for me. I bought my car from Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine and have had my car serviced by them through my entire history.

Note that strike 1 and 2 were all because of sloppy service technician. The service consultant Yrenio Carrera did everything in his power to show what being the Mark of Excellence meant. On strike 3 the dealer nor Yrenio even bother to apologize for their mistake.

Strike 1: Service technician putting a dent on my driver door panel
Around this time this year (Early July 2012) I took my car for emergency maintenance where I had to get my lifters and cam replaced. The service technician left a nice ding on my driver door when I picked it up. I took it back to dealer on July 22nd and they started the repair. I received word on 8/7 that car my ready so picked it up. No door ding anymore. Unfortunately on 8/20 when I was giving her a full detail I noticed a big scrape on the inside of my driver door as well as the trunk release button not working. They finally replied on 8/30 that they want me to bring the car back to fix the damage. Turns out the dent repair man drilled and scrapped the inside of my door as well as broke the inside of the panel while repairing the dent. On 9/6 they call me back and say she is ready. I go pick her up and immediately put her back . They had given it to the dent person to repair and he did a horrendous job on the paint job. I don’t even want to call it a paint job because it was not matching or meshed together. Finally I go pick the car up 9/15 and find the steering wheel scratched. By the time they finally got the correct steering wheel it was 10/19.

This strike is on the service technician because of the lack of attention and sloppiness from the service technician that added a dent. The service consultant Yrenio did everything in his power to do right on this mistake.

Strike 2: Service technician forgetting to check if he had the right fuse box
In late January of this year I went in because my seat warmer was not properly working. Turns out the issue was that the fuse contacts on the fuse box were worn out causing a loss of connection. Note they were able to diagnose this issue with my aftermarket Scocshe dash kit. After driving it a few days I noticed the AC is not blowing. You twist the knob and the fan was not turning on. I took it in on 2/7 and what was their response… Diagnostic lead us to the aftermarket controller to be at fault. We are unable to work on aftermarket products and you will be required to take back to origination of installation for repairs. I reply on 2/7 that it was not the Scosche kit as it was working fine and I had even attempted a 2nd HVAC that I had form Scosche and scratched that off my list but that I would agree to their terms and put my car back to stock. Note that this charge to turn the car back to stock and then reinstall the kit was incurred on me. Do you want to know what the problem was?.... Ineptitude. The fuse block that was replaced by my service technician did not have the pins in the backside for the blower fuse. This is something that the technician should have watched out for when he replaced the fuse box. You want to know how much they refunded me for the removal and add of the Scosche kit… $50 dollars for 2 hrs labor time. It was hard to get this money out of them and they were still holding that for whatever reason their tech tools diagnosed the communication issue but could not find any problems this time around. It’s funny that they say they charge 25$ an hour for labor when everyone else charges 90-100. My incurred cost was not $50 but 324$ for 3 hrs of labor and tax. I honestly think the $25 an hour rate is BS but I have no way to prove it. I tried to get them to quote me a separate job via email so I can see their hourly rate but they didn’t want to give me price. Note at this point they feel so humiliated by their mistakes that they ask that anytime I bring my car for warranty work that it must be stock. Ladies and gentleman you hear it here that Classic will automatic blame your aftermarket parts without doing proper diagnostics

Again this strike is on the service technician for not making his checks before saying he was done and for Classic to blame and undercut compensation for their mistake. The service consultant Yrenio did everything in his power to do right. Although I don’t believe the proper compensation was given the mark of good customer service was there because Yrenio apologized for the technician’s mistakes

Strike 3: Service technician not bothering to check my brake wear.
I had my car in the shop on May 29th for some warranty work for my door lock. After that was resolved I had them to service which was part of my pre paid service package. Everything seemed fine until a few weeks later. It’s about mid June and I start hearing allot of noise from my brakes. I email back and forth with the service consultant and avoids a very basic question which gets me upset. I ask “isn’t checking the brake wear part of your normal inspection when servicing the vehicle.” He keeps avoiding that question until the end and ever goes as far as telling me it was going to be a $59 diagnostic fee for them to check what should have been checked on May 29th. Finally on 6/20 he admits that the 21 pt inspection does include a visual brake inspection to the best of the technician’s abilities. He says: I have no further information to give you at this time without a brake inspection. Please e-mail me back if you would like to make an appointment. No apology for no visual inspection being made whatsoever an no empathy. At that point I said I’m done with this dealer and had my brakes done at Scotty’s automotive. They were mostly all worn out with the most on one of them at 20% so I do not understand how the Classic technician failed to visually inspect that the brakes were worn.
This 3rd strike is not only on the technician but on the service consultant and Classic as a whole. Shop and service managers Tim Brogan and Joe Laubhan were CC’d on the emails and all it could have taken from them was to say a simple I’m sorry.

I requested a cancellation of my remaining service plan and today I got by $100 refund for the remaining 2 services and decided to share with you my entire story. I hope this story helps others in deciding where to have their Camaro serviced here in North Texas. I cannot in good conscious continue to recommend Classic Chevrolet. I did before when they apologized and showed empathy but not anymore. The mistakes by the service technician just kept piling up and the customer service just kept going down. Classic Chevrolet of Grapevine you are not my GM dealer of the year and you have not earned the mark of excellence that your consultants proudly wear.

Any good dealers where the technicians take care of our vehicles properly? I hear Bruce Lowrie might be worth it.

I highly recommend Vandergriff Chevy in Arlington. I've had five Vettes all serviced by Vandergriff and Scott Schroder is my service advisor. Now they are doing my Camaro. Scott is a perfectionist and will not let you have your car till it's right. His # is 817-299-2377.

2013 IOM LT2/RS, American Racing Daytona Wheels,Factory Ground Effects, LED Tail Lights,FlowMaster's, Stripe Package.
leonm47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:19 PM   #218
rubbersoul84

Drives: IO 2012 2SS/RS convertible
I wanted to put in a good word for Bob Bell Chevy in Bel Air, MD. I've had nothing but positive experiences there.

I took the car in to document rub marks on the convertible top and ended up with a replacement. The trim shop didn't do it right, so they made sure to fix it right there and let me watch. There were little metal filings in my seat creases and window tracks, so they got all of that taken care of too. The trim shop dinged the edge of the trunk...no problem, when can we fix that for you? It was done perfectly.

I got a free oil change because I had to wait "an unusually long time."

Someone took a chunk out of the paint on my rear panel, they fixed it up right.

I highly recommend them.

http://www.bobbellbelair.com/
rubbersoul84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:37 PM   #219
David53

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LT
Reliable Chevrolet in Albuquerque, NM; the best dealership I've ever dealt with.

If they can't get you into the car YOU want at the price YOU want, they tell you and tell you why.

Between me, my sons and daughter and friend we've bought ten cars from them in the last two years.

I've never had any issues with sales, service or body shop.

My latest purchase!
Attached Images

David53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 07:56 PM   #220
giant_g2

Drives: '13 1LE, '89 Caprice
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
I'll be adding to this as I find more (feel free to recommend some). Once we get a solid list going this will become a sticky.
I got my 1LE from Fred Beans in Limerick, PA. They did a pretty good job with the transaction.

-Good/Fair price (TrueCar.com dealer)

-They weren't pushy

-Staff was helpful and honest (GM reopened orders in May, dealer could order 1 more '13 camaro and contacted me immediately to push the order through. Put on my gorilla locks, fully detailed the car, answered every question)

-Haven't gotten any service done there, so no idea on how good it is. They did say they have 5ish GM master mechanics.

BTW, what is a GOOD price for a 1LE 2SS NPP? 37k -ish?
giant_g2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #221
matthew9440

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Dealership- Johnson Motors Chevrolet
PA

matthew9440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 08:51 AM   #222
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSANEBLK View Post
Thank you for this thread!

I can add a stealership for NC - Bobby Murray in Raleigh.

I did not buy the car from them but went to their service department for warranty work. They did fine with several things on the initial trip but the leather seat cover on the passenger side was a nightmare. Originally just the snap on the seat belt holder broke but it took almost a year, no less than 7 return visits, 3 replacement covers and a call to GM to get it fixed. Most of the visits would have been unnecessary if someone would have bothered to check out the work before telling me the car was ready.
added
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6bangerBOOM View Post
Gound Chevrolet Nacogdoches Texas
Couldn't be a more friendly and professional service Dept. Last year they let me pick my car up every night (for a few nights) to drive to my nightshift job, and they worked on it during the days while I slept.
added
Quote:
Originally Posted by vm1971 View Post
but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE add to NJ:

ELKINS Chevrolet, Marlton, NJ - AWESOME.
http://elkinschevrolet.com/

Seriously. Buying or looking? Go. Ask for Adam.

V
Why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbersoul84 View Post
I wanted to put in a good word for Bob Bell Chevy in Bel Air, MD. I've had nothing but positive experiences there.

I took the car in to document rub marks on the convertible top and ended up with a replacement. The trim shop didn't do it right, so they made sure to fix it right there and let me watch. There were little metal filings in my seat creases and window tracks, so they got all of that taken care of too. The trim shop dinged the edge of the trunk...no problem, when can we fix that for you? It was done perfectly.

I got a free oil change because I had to wait "an unusually long time."

Someone took a chunk out of the paint on my rear panel, they fixed it up right.

I highly recommend them.

http://www.bobbellbelair.com/
Added
Quote:
Originally Posted by giant_g2 View Post
I got my 1LE from Fred Beans in Limerick, PA. They did a pretty good job with the transaction.

-Good/Fair price (TrueCar.com dealer)

-They weren't pushy

-Staff was helpful and honest (GM reopened orders in May, dealer could order 1 more '13 camaro and contacted me immediately to push the order through. Put on my gorilla locks, fully detailed the car, answered every question)

-Haven't gotten any service done there, so no idea on how good it is. They did say they have 5ish GM master mechanics.

BTW, what is a GOOD price for a 1LE 2SS NPP? 37k -ish?
Have you dealt with their service department at all?

Quote:
Originally Posted by David53 View Post
Reliable Chevrolet in Albuquerque, NM; the best dealership I've ever dealt with.

If they can't get you into the car YOU want at the price YOU want, they tell you and tell you why.

Between me, my sons and daughter and friend we've bought ten cars from them in the last two years.

I've never had any issues with sales, service or body shop.

My latest purchase!
Have you dealt with their service department at all? That's really what this thread is about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthew9440 View Post
Dealership- Johnson Motors Chevrolet
PA
Why?
Old 07-21-2013, 03:25 PM   #223
Sketch

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS RS RJT
Townsend Brothers Chevrolet Delaware. I have had good service from them however I have also heard some terrible things about them. Just a dealer to add to your list. Id say leave them black at 0. Porter Chevrolet is another one In Delaware however I've never been to there service deportment.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:48 PM   #224
The Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sketch View Post
Townsend Brothers Chevrolet Delaware. I have had good service from them however I have also heard some terrible things about them. Just a dealer to add to your list. Id say leave them black at 0. Porter Chevrolet is another one In Delaware however I've never been to there service deportment.
Mk. Added them.