Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Members Classifieds - Non-Automotive

View Poll Results: Would you rent a camera from my rental services?
Yes i would rent a camera! 3 20.00%
No i would not rent a camera. 9 60.00%
For the right price maybe 3 20.00%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Talking **Go Pro rental program feeler**

I initially posted this in another area but realized it better fit here. Any feedback is welcome!

I currently have a small business where i rent GoPro black editions for a small price. For example, if you want to rent a camera it would cost $29 plus shipping for 3 days or $49 + shipping for 1 week. It would include almost every accessories available for the gopro. Ive been doing it for past few months locally in california and i thought it would be a good idea to roll it out to my car peeps since gopros are a must for our cruises, autoX, drag strips. People that have rented from me said it was worth it due them only needing the high def camera for special events. One example is a guy rented 2 cameras for $58 plus shipping to record his passes on the track from different angles. Let me know if anyone would be interested in my program that way i get an idea if theres any interest in this forum. Thanks. Pascual.

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:00 PM   #2
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
This is promising. I'd make sure you got credit info in advance so that you can charge if someone tries to get away with the camera. You'll also need some sort of insurance on the camera in case they get you with credit fraud (using someone else's credit card, etc.).

Since I own a GoPro, I would not be a customer, but this could be a great service if marketed properly.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:22 PM   #3
lbheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
This is promising. I'd make sure you got credit info in advance so that you can charge if someone tries to get away with the camera. You'll also need some sort of insurance on the camera in case they get you with credit fraud (using someone else's credit card, etc.).

Since I own a GoPro, I would not be a customer, but this could be a great service if marketed properly.
Your spot on! As of right now I have a waiver that the renter must sign as part of the process. Payment options would only be credit card and I will be using a simple verification process to weed out those people choosing to cause some type of fraud. So far with the customer base I have locally in California have not put me in a bad situation. As for insurance on camera's I will not charge any customer for accidental damage- the specifics will be in the waiver. Other camera rental places charge some up front fees for insurance in which I will not. I really appreciate your feedback!

Kenne Bell
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
Old 01-09-2014, 09:51 PM   #4
ROD_SS

Drives: 2013 1SS Camaro and a truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post

+1
Old 01-09-2014, 11:35 PM   #5
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I agree. This could work. I think there are lots of folks who would rather do this than spend over $300.00.
I have a new GoPro that I am still learning to use so I probably wont rent. But never say never. Multiple views could be cool.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 06:55 PM   #6
lbheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I agree. This could work. I think there are lots of folks who would rather do this than spend over $300.00.
I have a new GoPro that I am still learning to use so I probably wont rent. But never say never. Multiple views could be cool.
True. At $500+ worth of equipment after all accessories there is a certain part of the population that would rather rent equipment then buy. Most of my current customers are people that have gone on a vacation or others just to hike. This is why i was curious if this crowd would be interested, i surely use it all the time with my car. I have a rewards program in the works, to sum it up i will reward loyal customers to keep a camera after so many times that they rent and/or refer me to family or friends. Its a point accumulation system, so at the end of the day you get a camera when you rent or recommendation (after the friend or family has booked a camera)...but we'll see if the mods respond to my message at some point about fees and how to sponsor. Not sure how long they take to respond its been a few days.

Kenne Bell

Tags
camaro, racing, supercharged, video