Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-04-2018, 07:43 AM   #15
SquawkVFR
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
It sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun. I joined pretty late in the game due to the fact that I couldn’t afford one then and I was 10 years old in 2010.
Ok, and well...this person needs to be banned or something just for making us feel old.
SquawkVFR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 12:54 PM   #16
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
I still visit daily, but now only spend a few minutes looking at threads where before I would spend hours.

I miss my 2010 SS and hope to get back in a Camaro someday, when it's more practical. Looking at the current prices though I'll probably have to pick up a low mileage used one! Back when a 2SS was 35K it made sense, now at 44K it just seems a bit much.

I sure am glad I don't need a truck, because I don't need that house payment!!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 05:56 PM   #17
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahnok View Post
It sounds like I missed out on a lot of fun. I joined pretty late in the game due to the fact that I couldn’t afford one then and I was 10 years old in 2010.

I still feel like 2010 was just a year or two ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Agree, was very, very busy (Vendors doing creative things, members cranking out awesome one-of-a-kinds) but like was noted, many either moved on to a new Camaro, lost interest or, just are not as active anymore due to other distractions. I enjoy my Camaro and find new ways to keep ‘engaged’. Many of us enjoyed reading about other members adventures — always a great read. Seemed to really come to a head when COTW stopped for our 5th Gen.

I visit other forums too and they all have the same issue, same few folks posting. ModernCamaro is a prime example. Practically dead with little discussion/debate. Happens... ls1tech is still going strong however, it’s more than gen5 Camaro5

Not a fan of Facebook but, sometimes you gotta go there (businesses are on there so...;o)

CamaroFest is around the corner, so something to look forward to... Some of us will be hanging around for a while ;o)

-Don
I can't make any promises about this, but I'm in discussions with one of the mods about bringing something like this back. To help breathe some life back into camaro5.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay_LHD3 View Post
I still visit daily, but now only spend a few minutes looking at threads where before I would spend hours.

I miss my 2010 SS and hope to get back in a Camaro someday, when it's more practical. Looking at the current prices though I'll probably have to pick up a low mileage used one! Back when a 2SS was 35K it made sense, now at 44K it just seems a bit much.

I sure am glad I don't need a truck, because I don't need that house payment!!

This is when you know a forums good at it's job... When you have people that don't even own a Camaro sticking around... Nice to still have you buddy.
Old 06-04-2018, 06:32 PM   #18
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
I’m on everyday but it’s definitely slowed down just like a product’s life cycle that’s in it’s maturity phase, but besides the redundant posts due to new 2nd hand owners I find there’s always something new and folks willing to share there knowledge and experience. Sure do miss The Stig and Apex Chase though

Last edited by camguynj; 06-05-2018 at 11:31 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 06:53 PM   #19
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
I'm still on here everyday but don't post much seeing the Camaro's gone .
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 07:16 PM   #20
BAD DAB

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Black & Silver
I’m still here too. I’ve met some really cool people on this site. I miss how active it was too. I still buy and sell from time to time. Maybe this post will spark peoples interest again. Cant wait for Camarofest.

STAINLESS WORKS HEADERS-TUNED BY JANNETTY RACING-C.A.I. INTAKE-TAYLOR 409 WIRES-SOLO AXLE BACK EXHAUST-ELITE CATCH CAN
BAD DAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 09:57 AM   #21
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Is it just me??? Does anyone else terribly miss when this place was always busy? There were always multiple threads folks were actively responding to that I wanted to read & comment on, always something being discussed I wanted to learn about or just folks to talk to, always a discussion about whatever was going on in the world, always something funny or silly or serious, just like a cool place to hang out. I truly & sincerely miss those days.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
I'm still on here everyday but don't post much seeing the Camaro's gone .
More time for the gym you 2....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 06:30 PM   #22
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
More time for the gym you 2....
I'm still at it.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:51 PM   #23
Linker239

Drives: 2022 WC 2SS
Yeah, I'm here everyday, it was fun looking at all the cool mods people could come up with. It seems that a lot of people have moved on, and it has slowed down significantly.
2010 VR 1LT RS; Sold
Linker239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 07:55 PM   #24
AG1LE

Drives: '14 1LE
I check in pretty much every day, looking for that nugget of info or good sale, even though I discontinued my build thread. Good for buying/selling or getting ideas. Would be great if we could get a set of new mods who are 5th gen owners/enthusiasts.
AG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2018, 08:56 PM   #25
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
I moved on to collecting arcade games....

Still track race now and then.....

Training the next gen track racer..
Attached Images

Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #26
Pi kappa alpha

Drives: SS Vert
The people with character left the forum or got tired of the constant attitude by the mods and admin. Bowtiebelle, Austin James, etc.
Old 06-06-2018, 02:35 PM   #27
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
I log on (as I just did) and 90% of the new posts are ads.
Old 06-06-2018, 07:04 PM   #28
Overflow
Space Shuttle Aficionado

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi kappa alpha View Post
The people with character left the forum or got tired of the constant attitude by the mods and admin. Bowtiebelle, Austin James, etc.
Sarah (Bowtiebelle) was actually good friends with the mods. Unfortunately, she's no longer with us. I don't want people spreading false rumors about her. She was very active in the Camaro forum, just pursued other ventures when she moved to Florida and didn't have as much time for Camaro5.