Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Texas

Old 04-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #5125
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Yeah that Hennessy car has all the zl1 body parts and repainted. It does look sweet but for that money I think I would have a zl1.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:06 PM   #5126
xfactors

Drives: 2014 2LT vette with Z51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Char1ieone View Post
If you're trying to get top dollar for your car, you'll be better off selling on your own cause dealerships are looking into making a profit and very very rarely will give you top dollar blue book value for it, even if does has low miles and such on it.
Yeah I know, but I can't stand selling the car myself. I had one guy come over and look at my 99 cougar, that I traded in for my camaro. I told him over the phone, before he came over, that Viva had already offered me $1800 for it. So he comes over, and test drives it, and says he likes it. He tells me, "I'll give you $1500 for it." I wanted to say, "Why the hell would I sell it to you for $1500, when Viva has already offered me $1800 for it"? Needless to say, I didn't sell him the car. I don't have time to deal with yoyos like that.

Last edited by xfactors; 04-10-2013 at 01:16 PM.
xfactors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 06:25 PM   #5127
Midnight Rat

Well for sure you expect a lower trade once the 2014 hit and mainly because of the new refresh.
Old 04-10-2013, 11:20 PM   #5128
xfactors

What happened to Mysteek? Did she go AWOL on us?
Old 04-10-2013, 11:29 PM   #5129
LIL_ONE

Drives: 2010 1SS ABM
Not sure what happened to her.

And correction for Sat for me, business obligation got moved to 130 so won't be going to EP or cruising but will join everyone at Farley's a little later.
LIL_ONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:50 AM   #5130
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xfactors View Post
What happened to Mysteek? Did she go AWOL on us?
Unfortunately Gracie (Mysteek) had traded in her Camaro to get a more family accommodating four door vehicle. She will still be joining us for future events, but its a shame that she won't be rolling out with that nice car she had.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:09 AM   #5131
xfactors

Well, I just ordered my vette. From Mike Furman @ Criswell Chevrolet up in Maryland. They're going to drop ship it to Viva. GM won't start making the vettes until Jan 2014. Oh well. Have no idea when I'll get mine.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:28 AM   #5132
SWAG1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE
Congrats! It's gonna be beutiful. What color?
SWAG1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 12:57 PM   #5133
jose1003

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS Cyber Gray
Good job, how much did you pay to order it and do you know how much the vette will run in price
Old 04-11-2013, 03:28 PM   #5134
xfactors

Quote:
Originally Posted by jose1003 View Post
Good job, how much did you pay to order it and do you know how much the vette will run in price
Well, I'm gonna get night race blue. I sent them a refundable deposit of $1000. He said he would sell it to me for MSRP. Don't know yet what the price will be, because GM hasn't released pricing information yet. Mike Furman at Criswell Chevrolet emailed me a PDF showing all the options you can order on the vette. I haven't had a chance to look over the PDF yet. I just talked to Mike for the first time this morning.

It was weird. I was in the corvette forum, and posted a post in his thread. I was in the process of editing my post, to better explain myself, and he responded to my post before I had a chance to finish editing my post. I was like, "What the heck." Anyway he posted his phone number, so I thought I would call him up. I did, and he answered the phone with, "This is Mike. Can I help you"? I was like, "What the heck." Anyway, we had a nice conversation. I like his style. He seemed down to earth, and no BS. Just a straight talker. He explained everything to me, on how it would work. I asked him if Viva would be mad at me, when they got the car, and he said no. He sells a lot of vettes. I told him Viva hadn't called me back, after I spoke with them on saturday, and that I was a little upset about that. I told him, maybe they don't want to sell it to me for MSRP.I won't have to pay extra for shipping. Everybody pays $975 for shipping corvettes. Criswell Chevrolet won't have them ship the car to Criswell Chevrolet. They will instead ship it to a dealer in El Paso. It might go to Mission, Rudolph, or Viva. I prefer Viva, but whatever. This Mike Furman guy ships vettes all over the place, so it's no biggie for him. He knows how to work it.

They have 149 allocations. He said something like when they come to my allocation, it will be on a Thursday, and he will call me up. He said I would need to let him know what I want by the following Monday. I said okay. I'll know what I want by then, as far as options. I'm thinking 2LT, but I'll need to review the PDF he sent me to know for sure. By the time my allocation comes up, he'll already know what I want. I'll send him an email before my allocation comes up, telling him exactly what I want. I'll call him to confirm the email. He seemed like he would be very easy to work with, and very concerned with getting the order exactly the way I want it. I don't think I'll have any problems. I just got to wait until my allocation comes up. If it doesn't come up until next April, I'll probably just ask him if he can hold my deposit, and order me a 2015 model. I don't think he would have any problem with that. I think you'll be able to order a 2015 model around June, or July of 2014. I could wait until then, but I kind of want to get the dang car. Jesus, it's taking forever.

I hope to be at Starbucks on Saturday for the get together. Looking forward to meeting some people. I haven't met anyone in the forum yet, but I'll probably recognise some cars.

P.S. If you see a camaro that looks like my photo, that's me.

Last edited by xfactors; 04-11-2013 at 04:40 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #5135
xfactors

Okay, I'm going to try to post the PDF Mike Furman sent me. I don't know if this will work. I'll give it a shot.

Yea, I just tested it out. It works.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Corvette_SR_SRG.pdf (1.36 MB, 60 views)
Old 04-11-2013, 04:54 PM   #5136
xfactors

This is their website.

http://criswellcorvette.com/default.aspx

http://www.criswellchevrolet.com/

Last edited by xfactors; 04-11-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:23 PM   #5137
Midnight Rat

You need to contact a dealer you are going to have it sent to because they will charge you something to have it there and to pdi the car. I thought when the car is ordered it goes to the selling dealer and then they ship it to the dealer you choose at your expense. If you are not to sure on the process I would contact Becky at Rodgers Chevrolet, she has tons of experience at shipping cars. I thought allocations would not be released until closer to production time. Believe it or not there are some dealers that will not see a 2014 vette.

Last edited by Midnight Rat; 04-11-2013 at 07:51 PM.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM   #5138
Char1ieone
Fear the Red Bow Tie

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Congratulations on that xfactors, but 149 allocations? That sounds like a made up number to me. There are certain dealers that will be able to receive a particular amount of allocations based upon their history and credentials as a dealership on selling their vehicles. The C7 is a very sought after car and dealers want to sell em on their lots, but determining how their reputation as a dealership is within GM, will only receive about 2-8 allocation orders for their lot. When the 2004 SSRs came in the market, dealerships were only allowed 1 allocation for an SSR for every 200 vehicles they sold I believe in a year, and an additional for every 150 i believe. I would take Louis' (2013_1LE) advice and get in touch with Becky. She is very helpful information that any of us have needed and will point you to the right direction to get what you want.
Char1ieone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
everyone loves gigachip, giga's sister is crazy!! lol!!, gigachip is awesome, gigachip iz silly, gigachip loves clay aiken, gigachip s rediculous, i laugh at gigachip, offset is marobody2001