Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-30-2013, 08:07 PM   #183
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by batman53201 View Post
heres one for them
^^^
Notice how they do not wrap around the side of the car?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #184
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
^^^

yes i do, and im not a fan of the new tail lights, hence why i will be opting for a 2013. but i can see what they were trying to do here.
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:42 AM   #185
xcrunxc

Drives: 2013 2LT/RS
I went to the NY Auto show today to take a look at the changes in person.

First I looked at the changes to the SS:

Overall, I was pretty happy with the changes. I think the hood insert was a mod I saw a lot of Camaro's sporting, so having this as part of the new hood makes perfect sense to me.

Next was onto the rear of the car:

Even seeing the new tail lights in person, I was really not impressed with that change. I certainly like the old lights better, but that could just be the fact that they are what I am used to on my car. Maybe they will grow on me in the future?

The inside of the car appeared at least visually unchanged.

Next, I wandered over to check out the new Z/28:

They had a rep from GM up on the turntable with the car giving a quick 5 minute overview of the vehicle. He mentioned it had the widest stock tires of any production car, had the option of manual or electric adjust seats and comes with a "very basic" stereo. They weren't letting us get all that close to it, but from what I could see the stereo looked very similar to the non-MyLink version currently in the 1LS.

I hung around the Chevy area for a bit looking at all the new changes, and snapped about 100 pictures that you can see here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjExwRpG
xcrunxc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:38 AM   #186
Doc
Dances With Mustangs

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
^^^
Exactly. My main complaint is this new back is just boring. It looks way too much like an ordinary sedan instead of an exciting, dynamic muscle car. I'm okay with the lenses but wish they'd made the back look more like a Camaro, something like this:
Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-011[2]a.jpg
Views: 1218
Size:  140.5 KB

Instead of this:
Name:  2014-Chevrolet-CamaroSS-011[1].jpg
Views: 1068
Size:  149.2 KB

My idea rendition isn't all that exciting either but it's a start in the right direction. I'd have to rework the lower area around the license plate to come up with something a bit more dynamic. That area looks like it's from an SUV; too plain.

Blue Angel is here!!
1SS/RS LS3 M6 IBM
Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:04 AM   #187
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Exactly. My main complaint is this new back is just boring. It looks way too much like an ordinary sedan....

My idea rendition isn't all that exciting either but it's a start in the right direction. I'd have to rework the lower area around the license plate to come up with something a bit more dynamic. That area looks like it's from an SUV; too plain.
Agreed. Why change the license plate area at all? It wasn't "broken" and didn't need a refresh. Maybe a tweak. But this RADICAL change is a major step backward. If I had never seen a 5th GEN before in my life, I would think that the pre-2014 version was the update to something more modern and exciting and that the 2014 was the "old" style.

Ugh. You can't please everyone I suppose. And there's no question that there's a lot of pride that comes with this car for those who produce it and those who buy it. But there seems to be an overwhelming opinion on this board that they got the rear end all wrong and it's too bad that there wasn't an effort to get more opinions on it before it went into production.
Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 12:49 PM   #188
MURF

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunxc View Post

Overall, I was pretty happy with the changes. I think the hood insert was a mod I saw a lot of Camaro's sporting, so having this as part of the new hood makes perfect sense to me.

Even seeing the new tail lights in person, I was really not impressed with that change. I certainly like the old lights better, but that could just be the fact that they are what I am used to on my car. Maybe they will grow on me in the future?

They had a rep from GM up on the turntable with the car giving a quick 5 minute overview of the vehicle. He mentioned it had the widest stock tires of any production car, had the option of manual or electric adjust seats and comes with a "very basic" stereo. They weren't letting us get all that close to it, but from what I could see the stereo looked very similar to the non-MyLink version currently in the 1LS.

I hung around the Chevy area for a bit looking at all the new changes, and snapped about 100 pictures that you can see here: http://flic.kr/s/aHsjExwRpG
Thanks for the pics. runxc! The color looks like some type of White Pearl That's 1 big azz splitter on the front of that Z. I think they did a good job with it.
MURF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:02 PM   #189
Cyber Gray
Wind Rider

Drives: ZL1 19 White; Jeep 5.7 GC 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by xcrunxc View Post

Are those RS wheels on the red SS ?
Old 03-31-2013, 07:18 PM   #190
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
I dont like the rear end at all it looks like the rear end of an Acura integra.
Old 03-31-2013, 07:28 PM   #191
Lee0123567
Nope! v6.

Drives: 2001 SOM v6
Well looks like I'm not getting a 6th gen since they don't come IOM

Lee0123567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #192
RiCEADDiCTBOY

Drives: 2012 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee0123567 View Post
Well looks like I'm not getting a 6th gen since they don't come IOM
this isn't the 6th gen... not until the 2016 models...
RiCEADDiCTBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:37 PM   #193
JC6

Drives: 2011 GS Vert. Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbass View Post
You do know that the entire rear and front bumpers are plastic right and have been since 2010. The only thing is this is black plastic, which is less appealing than body colored plastic.
The Black Plastic looks cheap!
JC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 11:10 PM   #194
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Quote:
Originally Posted by JC6 View Post
The Black Plastic looks cheap!
Paint it. At least it's not the textured raw black plastic.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:52 AM   #195
5150WS6

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
I pretty much can agree with both sides here. I'm looking at a new ZL1 and was all ready to do a 2014 and now after seeing the taillights I'm not sure now. It's not that I completely hate them, I think it's more the shape of the rear end that doesn't do it for me. It's all good, but just not "holy crap that's sweet" good. To me taillights can make or break a car. Loved the taillights on my 87 IROC and love them on my Trans Am. I can see where they were going for the 69 look.

The rear just looks to plain to me.....too tall and flat. I'm wondering how it would look all in black though with a ground effects set up of some sort. May not make it as blah. I think the back just isn't aggressive looking enough. Maybe that's what I'm trying to say.

I am now thinking I should have ordered a 2013......but I like the new options on the 2014 like the color HUD and Recaro's. That's a nice set of options to have!
5150WS6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:23 AM   #196
cbass

Drives: .
Quote:
I am now thinking I should have ordered a 2013......but I like the new options on the 2014 like the color HUD and Recaro's. That's a nice set of options to have!
I think you still can. If I am not wrong you have until April 18 or 19th to order a 2013.
cbass is offline   Reply With Quote