Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 05-21-2009, 10:33 AM   #71
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Price please
Old 05-21-2009, 10:46 AM   #72
kdoske
Waiting For My 1SS/RS SIM

Drives: Sold My Lancer, now carless :/
Quote:
Originally Posted by MilotiNY View Post
Nice picture background

You couldn't find a better place to take these pictures? maybe a studio, a white sheet, anything to make you look more professional?

Nonetheless, I am looking forward to leather panel photos.
seriously....?

This is a forum not his sales website...
kdoske is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #73
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quick question on the inserts. How are the inserts attached to the door panel. I see gm offering optional inserts, plus you are also offering inserts. If i were to get the inserts from gm or you, do i have to replace the whole door panel? Is the insert just clipped into the door, and i can pop the insert off and replace it.

I hope gm was smart and the inserts are just clipped in, unlike normal doors where they are plastic welded.

If you could show us a picture of the inside of the door and how the panel is attached it would be great.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:49 AM   #74
VictoryRed08

Drives: 08 Cobalt LT2,
Not a fan of the carbon fibre, i'd perfer solid red or black. Then again, i think it might be better than the stock trim.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:01 PM   #75
balonywolf

Drives: 1996 Jeep Cherokee
Send a message via AIM to balonywolf
Quote:
Originally Posted by oachalon View Post
Quick question on the inserts. How are the inserts attached to the door panel. I see gm offering optional inserts, plus you are also offering inserts. If i were to get the inserts from gm or you, do i have to replace the whole door panel? Is the insert just clipped into the door, and i can pop the insert off and replace it.

I hope gm was smart and the inserts are just clipped in, unlike normal doors where they are plastic welded.

If you could show us a picture of the inside of the door and how the panel is attached it would be great.
This was discussed. What DSV offers is real carbon fiber overlayed on factory replacement inserts. I have no idea how they're mounted to the doors, but I imagine GM wouldn't be stupid enough to make replacing them all that difficult.
Old 05-21-2009, 12:32 PM   #76
Shurenuff

Drives: 2002 Nissan Altima
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indpowr View Post
We can do ulta-suede type of product. Also full leather doors and hand stitching. Should have something to show you guys in a few days. We are trying to work as fast as we can but will not sacrifice quality.

This and leather would look killer as a replacement for the acrylic door and dash panels.
Shurenuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 01:59 PM   #77
rburke

Drives: 93 Sierra & 05 HD Sportster
Quote:
We are working on the ENTIRE interior but at once piece at a time.
Can't wait to see what all you have comming!
rburke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #78
oachalon

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by balonywolf View Post
This was discussed. What DSV offers is real carbon fiber overlayed on factory replacement inserts. I have no idea how they're mounted to the doors, but I imagine GM wouldn't be stupid enough to make replacing them all that difficult.
Balonywolf, i did see the discussion that it is overlayed on factory replacement inserts. I was just wondering if i wanted to get these inserts, if i would have to take my door panels off the car or just pop the panels on and off.
oachalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:06 PM   #79
dvnt88
Kickin' Assphalt

Drives: 1997 Z-28 30th Anniversary Ed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Autozone doesnt stock parts that have ACTUAL CF in them. They have the vinyl sticker crap that literally takes 2 seconds to make.

That being said, in this application, the CF door panels would be an appearance modification. To each their own. So if you're one of the guys getting the IOM interior package, I could rant about how I think it looks cheezy to have bright orange accents all over your interior. But in the end it all boils down to what you want to look at when you're driving your car.

Last point. These door panels are not cheap vinyl stickers. It takes a lot of work to get the CF fabric stretched and oriented perfectly. And then a long time bonding them and then coating the fabric in resin and many hours buffing and polishing to a nice shine. Point is DVS customs has put alot of work into the parts... anyone who has bought CF parts before can tell by the first picture that they have made some very nice CF there... So hats off to them, looking forward to prices!
Well said and I agree, each to their own, I personally love the look of Carbon Fiber and would look fantastic in my 2SS/RS IOM. Wonder how much the entire interior in CF would cost? ... Hmmmmm. ")
Old 05-21-2009, 08:38 PM   #80
Revo1
Don't Like it? Suggit.

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Do you consider the ZR-1 with CF to be ricey ? IMO that Corvette looks incredible and it saved a bunch of weight.

...now if it had neon lights underneath - we definitely wouldn't go there.
NEON LIGHTS!!! Great idea man, why didn't I think of that!? I'm headin to Autozone RIGHT NOW

Actually, I don't even like the look of the CF in the ZR1. Like I said tho, it DOES have it's practical applications, they're just few and far between. Like, for example, the ZR1. Honestly tho- maybe it's just the area I'm from, but when you think of CF, it MUST make you think of stuff like this-

Encore...

"Tops off, tach up baby- loud and proud!"
A Camaro lover from day one- 1996 3.8 V6 Camaro, to 1996 5.7 LT1 Camaro Z28, to the sold 2002 5.7 LS1 Camaro SS, and NOW, a [I]6.2 L99 VR 2SS/RS: XS Power stainless full exhaust, Airaid CAI, BMR drop springs and sways, custom tune by Cal Speed- 411rwhp
Revo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 09:20 PM   #81
chevy dude

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS IBM Camaro
I love the "Carbon-fiber" insertsAny chance of a Orange carbon fiber?,to match IOM exterior.Will this product be avaliable for a cloth 1SS trim package?

Last edited by chevy dude; 06-05-2009 at 09:26 PM.
chevy dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:05 PM   #82
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revo1 View Post
NEON LIGHTS!!! Great idea man, why didn't I think of that!? I'm headin to Autozone RIGHT NOW

Actually, I don't even like the look of the CF in the ZR1. Like I said tho, it DOES have it's practical applications, they're just few and far between. Like, for example, the ZR1. Honestly tho- maybe it's just the area I'm from, but when you think of CF, it MUST make you think of stuff like this-

Encore...
This is nothing at all like our product. This is much more stickerish while ours is the actual OEM piece overlayed with real carbon fiber.

We are working on some carbon kevlar for you guys since so many people are looking at that.
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:10 PM   #83
1320junkie

Drives: The Imperial Army
Quote:
This is nothing at all like our product. This is much more stickerish while ours is the actual OEM piece overlayed with real carbon fiber.

We are working on some carbon kevlar for you guys since so many people are looking at that.
Hey man since you are getting alot of "extra" in your thread maybe you should show some of the vette interiors that you all have done as a reference of work for those who doubt the quality.
1320junkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 10:29 PM   #84
dsvcustoms

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1320junkie View Post
Hey man since you are getting alot of "extra" in your thread maybe you should show some of the vette interiors that you all have done as a reference of work for those who doubt the quality.

Here are a couple of pictures of our cars

Gerardo

dsvcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote