Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-15-2012, 07:20 PM   #85
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerGA View Post
Suck up!
Wow first time I have ever been called that.
Old 06-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #86
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I joined this forum back in 2007. It was much smaller. Back then I didn't know any of the moderators and didn't much care too. It wasn't important. As the forum grew I was more frequently moderated. The more frequently I was moderated, the more frustrated I became. I reached to by PM and phone calls. Tran took time to listen to my concerns. The more we all spoke the more I began to understand what they were trying to create here.

I missed Camaro5FEST I snowed in. The following year was uneventful on C5 with very few moderations as I had adjusted to the culture. I did get to Camaro5FEST II. When I arrived I found that the staff I had planned to work with (the local SCCA) bailed on us. My Dealers and the C5 moderators pitched in. It wasn't easy, but we made it work. It was that situation that brought me in close contact with most of the moderators. I know why I worked so hard. I know why my Dealers worked so hard. There is a hard core business aspect to what we were doing. The moderators are volunteers. They are not paid to run the Fest or to moderate the forums. They do it because they are 5th Gen Camaro guys.

Look around the forums on the net. You'll not find one that has as many brand-x members as Camaro5. If there is a busier model specific forum out there I haven't found it yet. People come to Camaro5 because they find it to be an online community they feel at home in. I hope that the new members and guests take the time to learn the C5 online culture and make it their own. I have no idea how long C5 will remain such a great place to be a part of, but having been on other forums I know it won't last all that long so enjoy it while you can.

Overall I am a pretty calm guy though some may disagree. There are a few thing that set me off. Lighting up the moderators is one of them. When you have invested as much time in building the C5 community, when you have volunteered hundreds and hundreds of hours to create C5FEST IV, when you have invested a fraction of the time the moderators do in C5 you will have earned the right to discuss with any moderator one on one your concerns about how they work and not before.

It goes deeper than the moderators. I have developed a great many friendships with C5 members here and abroad. There is nothing that makes me feel better than a PM, email or Sat call from one of our own serving in the military. When I was having a difficult time with my fathers health I can't tell you how much it meant to have a PM, email of phone call with prayers and offers of support. Camaro5 is my neighborhood. Because of Camaro5 I don't think there is a city I visit where I don't have friends. Not a name and avatar, a real friend and that includes a good share of the moderators.

The moderators have earned their place on C5. I appreciate what they have done and thank them for doing it well. If you can't say the same, if you don't like the culture here at C5 ,here is your hat. What's your hurry. Don't let the door slam on your backside while you leave.

Think about it. Maybe you should delete some of your posts on the forums regarding the moderators. Maybe you should thank them because as much as you say you don't like it you are still here. Be grateful I am not a moderator, because my ban hammer would be worn out and the thread locked after I closed this post.

Well said JP!

I have been lurking in this thread but never posted because I couldn't figure out exactly what to say. Thank you for posting my thoughts.
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 07:34 PM   #87
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Well said JP!

I have been lurking in this thread but never posted because I couldn't figure out exactly what to say. Thank you for posting my thoughts.
He nailed it...

...except for that part about don't bash the moderators...
Old 06-15-2012, 08:28 PM   #88
The_Blur

Drives: 2018 Harley-Davidson Street Bob
Send a message via AIM to The_Blur
Quote:
Question: How do we know who are Moderators on this site? Not complaining... just curious.
Look for red name tags.

I'm not locking this thread right now. I just wanted to share that this site means a lot to me, so any decisions I make to improve the site—weeding out the trolls, deleting the spam, organizing threads—is all in the name of making Camaro5 the best it can be.
warn 145:159 ban
The_Blur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:01 PM   #89
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Question: How do we know who are Moderators on this site? Not complaining... just curious.
Members have their name in Dark Red
Moderators have their name in Red Itallics
and Sponsors are in Underlined Green Itallics
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:07 PM   #90
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RallySS View Post
Flame suit on:

I came to this thread after being a part of TBSSOwners, following LS1Tech, and quite a few others. That being said, this forum has great info and quite a few helpful people BUT has an overabundance of:

1. Jealous people who can't seem to grasp the thought of congratulating someone on their new car, even if dad/mom got it for them.
2. Uptight people who don't want anyone looking at their car the wrong way, playing a joke on them, or voicing their opinion (after op asked for it) for absolute fear the end of the world will be brought upon them and their car.
3. Overtly politically correct people who can't take a joke, statement, or basically any other idea that is other than their own with a chuckle and would rather bash the op into the ground or yell "racist" for what they perceived the comment to mean.

That being said, there is also the greater majority who can take it as they dish it, don't get offended much, and do give grats when new members join regardless of situations, and for them I say thank you and I enjoy your humor and friendliness quite a bit, especially the sarcastic, non PC posts. Everyone else needs to put on their "man pants" and GTFO.

Old 06-15-2012, 10:20 PM   #91
MrGood

Drives: Broken palmghetto test car
Send a message via Yahoo to MrGood
Here's to you sir. Way to tell it like it is!
MrGood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #92
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Still isn't a moderator that drives a convertible... unless something has changed.

And no I am not throwing my hat in the ring... I lack the necessary tact.
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:03 PM   #93
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyman 08 View Post
Wow first time I have ever been called that.
Just having a little fun, man. No harm meant.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 04:04 PM   #94
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Thanks very much. And you guys do a great job as far as I can tell. Love the site.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:52 PM   #95
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
I am still waiting on my royalty check for the C5 site use of Pedders RED
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:10 PM   #96
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I am still waiting on my royalty check for the C5 site use of Pedders RED
I thought we took care of that a couple years ago? Tran asked me to do it (I think he was busy with other things at the time) and the fee was $3.62. I distinctly remember uploading 1 twoonie, 1 loonie, 6 dimes (couldn't find any quarters), and 2 pennies to my computer & e-mailing them to you.

In the e-mail it said that you had to use a broadband ethernet connection to collect as the process doesn't work wirelessly (otherwise, how can the money go from my computer to you?) and a phone line doesn't have the bandwidth to carry the coins. If there was a problem you should have said something then. Because if you don't have it by now then I guess you're out of luck, I'm not going to send you another payment.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 06:17 PM   #97
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
I thought we took care of that a couple years ago? Tran asked me to do it (I think he was busy with other things at the time) and the fee was $3.62. I distinctly remember uploading 1 twoonie, 1 loonie, 6 dimes (couldn't find any quarters), and 2 pennies to my computer & e-mailing them to you.

In the e-mail it said that you had to use a broadband ethernet connection to collect as the process doesn't work wirelessly (otherwise, how can the money go from my computer to you?) and a phone line doesn't have the bandwidth to carry the coins. If there was a problem you should have said something then. Because if you don't have it by now then I guess you're out of luck, I'm not going to send you another payment.
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote