Homepage Garage Wiki Register Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > ZL1 Discussions

Phastek Performance

Old 02-08-2017, 08:54 AM   #1
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Auto World News Review

http://www.autoworldnews.com/article...aro-so-far.htm
Old 02-08-2017, 11:09 AM   #2
Evolvedx27

Drives: 2017 ZL1
getting tired of the reviews about the auto...
Evolvedx27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:13 AM   #3
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Drives: Fast
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolvedx27 View Post
getting tired of the reviews about the auto...
Kind of have to agree...Autos have been good for a long time, at least 5 years in the performance market. I mean sure this one is bigger badder and faster than most/all ever produced, but it's still an auto. It shifts fast, it's got a lot of gears, your hand and foot could never keep up we get it. It's not a DCT, so it's going to be boring like it or not. And it's not a M6 so you can't rev it in tunnels lol

I want the A10 because of the speed, but I want the M6 for everything else.
Can'tHave2MuchHP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:16 AM   #4
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
Of course it is about the new auto, the most technologically advanced feature of the car.
Old 02-08-2017, 11:39 AM   #5
396ssrat

Drives: 66 Chevelle SS
The 10 speed auto is far superior to all others before it. Much R&D has gone into this transmission. Comparing it to a stick is like comparing a smart TV to an old tube type TV. The trip around the "Ring" was done with the A10 for a reason.
396ssrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 11:59 AM   #6
NB2017ZL1

Drives: 2017 ZL1 10 Speed Hyper Blue
Agree on the auto. Didn't Al O say people will be talking about this A10 launch in 50 years ? This is that monumental ?

5:40 of this video

https://youtu.be/3bzNPPzQfE4
Old 02-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #7
Can'tHave2MuchHP

It doesn't really matter to me how technologically advanced it is...

The active aero on a Pagani Huayra is beyond most comprehension too...But people don't care that much, all most people know and care about is, it makes you go faster.

Understand that is the point of the auto...Speed.
Old 02-08-2017, 12:34 PM   #8
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham

The best version of the ZL1, in the minds of the engineers who built it...is the A10, like it or not. And they are the ones in charge of giving media outlets cars. End of story....

Glad to see another positive article about the car.

For what it's worth, I've never heard a single person involved with the project call it "boring".
Old 02-08-2017, 01:17 PM   #9
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
A10 might seem like all sunshine but shouldnt any new product? Especially since they delayed the A10 for 5+ months because ford only took it so far as to suit the raptor, leaving gm to pickup the pieces and make it work for the ZL1. Sales numbers suffered huge. Dealers wouldve been getting ADM's if both transmissions we're available at launch.

Employees and people working with the project are in a way forced to not let any negitive comments out. I have to sign legal waivers at work all the time. Its no different for them, theyre being paid to be silent on negitive aspects.

As a 10+ year manual guy trying to convince myself the A10 is worth it. A struggle that turns me off the car slightly. I prefer the faster car, remote start, and being part of something "newish" even though ford will have the A10 all over its lineup while GM might get it into 1 maybe 2 other vehicles. I know the M6 is HEAVEN for driving pleasure, It will be reliable and cheaper to fix.

Maybe being around the hype days of the A8 and it's letdown has soured my mouth for the A10. I did tell my dealer A10 prefered but the back of my brain is hoping it's not available and I have to live with the M6.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 01:20 PM   #10
Can'tHave2MuchHP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post
A10 might seem like all sunshine but shouldnt any new product? Especially since they delayed the A10 for 5+ months because ford only took it so far as to suit the raptor, leaving gm to pickup the pieces and make it work for the ZL1. Sales numbers suffered huge. Dealers wouldve been getting ADM's if both transmissions we're available at launch.

Employees and people working with the project are in a way forced to not let any negitive comments out. I have to sign legal waivers at work all the time. Its no different for them, theyre being paid to be silent on negitive aspects.

As a 10+ year manual guy trying to convince myself the A10 is worth it. A struggle that turns me off the car slightly. I prefer the faster car, remote start, and being part of something "newish" even though ford will have the A10 all over its lineup while GM might get it into 1 maybe 2 other vehicles. I know the M6 is HEAVEN for driving pleasure, It will be reliable and cheaper to fix.

Maybe being around the hype days of the A8 and it's letdown has soured my mouth for the A10. I did tell my dealer A10 prefered but the back of my brain is hoping it's not available and I have to live with the M6.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:42 PM   #11
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
The A10 was never delayed...no matter how much people repeat that - it's not true. It was a planned staggered release. Maybe it's the choice of terminology I misread, though...

But I understand where you're coming from with regards to negative comments internally. You're right - they'd never say anything bad...more likely they'd change the subject, or deflect the question.

But then...I've had the privilege of having off-the-record conversations on several occasions with different people...and the tone is the same: It's remarkable. And the magazines seem to be echoing that sentiment, and they aren't bound by any such legal/policy constraints.

It IS going to be that good.
Old 02-08-2017, 01:57 PM   #12
SGDM

Drives: 2016 2SS
Good read...thanks.

Who Dares...Wins
SGDM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2017, 02:16 PM   #13
Zeke.Malvo

Drives: 1969 Mustang MaCh1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilermaker128 View Post

+1

The raptor also had a huge delay as well, we're practically into the next model year now!

All the hype that surrounded the A8 was the same and we saw how that turned out. The A8 is not a bad transmission, but this same sales pitch has been made before. Even by the magazines.

For the pure pleasurable experience of driving, the fun factor, I don't think the M6 can be replaced.
Old 02-08-2017, 02:31 PM   #14
Boilermaker128

Drives: 2010 CobaltSSTC
They took away our ability to bump/push start.
Our handbrake is now a button.
Threw in a device that locks out of certain gears.
Made us share afm hardware(ss guys only)
Pubicly said it is the faster choice for strip,track,street(highway roll?)
Soon to be eclipsed in MPG(zl1 auto 1 mpg less highway last time i read?)

But still the need to row your own gear and have a 3rd pedal brings out an urge that needs to be satisfied. Not sure if I can accept an auto just yet... In 10 years it'll be electric vs combustion engine in our camaro's.
Boilermaker128 is offline   Reply With Quote