Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 04-28-2010, 08:11 PM   #1
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
The only thing that's stopping me from getting a Camaro

So I can say with confidence now that I can afford a 2SS RS and then some, but the only thing that's stopping me from pulling the Trigger is this :

Link

Yea ... I know , but I am very interested in the 2011-2012 Jeep SRT8 and decided ima wait and see what tha SRT8 version has to offer

This thing is gorgeous BTW... I dare say this is America's Range Rover ...

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:19 PM   #2
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Two totally different vehicles.

Do you want space or handling?
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #3
shevyman

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS IOM
all i have to say is there is a difference between the jeep and the camaro.

jeep more for family and off road, camaro is a muscle car. great for drag and speed.

again c/d does make alot of mistakes on the statements so i don't trust them any or a majority of the time on what they say. so if you wait see what other company's have to say about it and the true 0-60 times 1/4 mile and how well it really handles.

in my opinion when you buy and suv its for comfort and some off road enjoyment so power like a sports car is out of the pic. i drove the new toyota rav4 made for offroad and daily driving and have to say i enjoyed it. i would consider one down the line for family.

ok there is my point.
shevyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:21 PM   #4
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbt View Post
Two totally different vehicles.

Do you want space or handling?
Point taken...

but I'm going for fun factor here, I'd expect the Cherokee to be a bit faster than the SS

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #5
shank0668

Drives: '14 LML/'06 LJ/'76 Trans Am
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Point taken...

but I'm going for fun factor here, I'd expect the Cherokee to be a bit faster than the SS
Really?
shank0668 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:31 PM   #6
franknbeans
Whipped

Drives: 2010 CAMARO
the srt8 jeep cherokee is a fun car. . . i got to drive one around the Beaver Run track here in Pittsburgh. . .

Faster than a SS, not so much. . . maybe off the line because of the AWD but the Camaro will catch up quickly. . .

Still can't go wrong with either car. . . the Jeep is nice but the camaro is a sports car.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:36 PM   #7
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:
Originally Posted by franknbeans View Post
the srt8 jeep cherokee is a fun car. . . i got to drive one around the Beaver Run track here in Pittsburgh. . .

Faster than a SS, not so much. . . maybe off the line because of the AWD but the Camaro will catch up quickly. . .

Still can't go wrong with either car. . . the Jeep is nice but the camaro is a sports car.
Agreed

And I'm not trying to turn this into a debate about which is faster... but assuming it gets tha 6.4 HEMI it will be... but not a lot, SRT8 is looking to have tha fastest SUV on tha market and the current one is the BMW X6 M

Which does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds I believe with a twin-turbo V8

Now I'm sure you guys know how the current GC SRT8 performs ... add 480HP-525HP, better suspension, lighter frame, ( yet to be proven) stickier tires, 6-8 speed transmission ( that also have yet to be proven) and what do you have ?

Quote:
Old 04-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #8
wbt
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Challenger R/T;2011 Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muscle Master View Post
Agreed

And I'm not trying to turn this into a debate about which is faster... but assuming it gets tha 6.4 HEMI it will be... but not a lot, SRT8 is looking to have tha fastest SUV on tha market and the current one is the BMW X6 M

Which does 0-60 in 4.0 seconds I believe with a twin-turbo V8

Now I'm sure you guys know how the current GC SRT8 performs ... add 480HP-525HP, better suspension, lighter frame, ( yet to be proven) stickier tires, 6-8 speed transmission ( that also have yet to be proven) and what do you have ?

It will come down to aerodynamics in the 1/4 where the Camaro will win.

If you are looking for fun and don't need the room then the Camaro is the best choice.

If you really wanted to get a comparable car to the Camaro it would be the next SRT8 Challenger.
wbt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 PM   #9
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Quote:

If you are looking for fun and don't need the room then the Camaro is the best choice.

If you really wanted to get a comparable car to the Camaro it would be the next SRT8 Challenger.
Good points

To tell you tha truth ... I'm really want a new car and can't wait, and since we are almost halfway thru tha year.. I mite as will wait for the 2011 Camaro ... and If there are no news then I gonna have a SS very soon

Quote:
Old 04-28-2010, 09:01 PM   #10
Dee

Drives: Camaro ZL1,BMW 750i,Trailblazer SS
Quote:

Old 04-28-2010, 09:05 PM   #11
Kyle2k
LVL 50 Troll Stomper

Drives: 2010 Camaro
My GOD! I love the new Cherokee too...probably would have been smarter for my considering the weather here but you really can't go wrong with either...
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 AM   #12
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
I'd go camaro, but I wouldn't throw the $rt-8 jeep out of bed
Old 04-29-2010, 12:30 AM   #13
a_Username

Drives: 2010 2SS Camaro
The Cherokee SRT8 does look tempting.
a_Username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 01:30 AM   #14
future2010camaroowner
Still learning

Drives: none yet
Those Jeeps are pretty awesome. I'm not a big fan of exterior. The headlights look like a Tundra's. The current ones look better IMO.
future2010camaroowner is offline   Reply With Quote