Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-07-2022, 07:34 PM   #1
Arkangel-77

Drives: 2010 SS Camaro
Speaker Improvements for a Stock 2010 SS system?

Has anyone found decent speaker improvements for a stock 2010 BA system? I really don't want to replace the entire system. I would not mind replacing the speakers if it would help? The system just sounds flat... Any advice would be Great!

Thanks, Cory C
Old 06-07-2022, 11:04 PM   #2
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
the BA amp is junk IMO
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 02:19 AM   #3
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemontwist View Post
the BA amp is junk IMO

where is that even located? from what I have seen the BA system is like 2 ohms or something?
Old 06-08-2022, 07:55 AM   #4
the85darkknight

Drives: 2015 Camaro 2SS Green Flash Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel-77 View Post
Has anyone found decent speaker improvements for a stock 2010 BA system? I really don't want to replace the entire system. I would not mind replacing the speakers if it would help? The system just sounds flat... Any advice would be Great!

Thanks, Cory C
I changed all of my speakers to Infinity. The sound was better with the stock system, but I went further with a matching amplifier and Kenwood stereo. I even have a sub and sub amplifier to go with it.

I highly recommend taking the time to sound deaden your doors and rear deck as well as put stiff speaker mounts in if you decided to upgrade your speakers. It makes quite the difference on your listening experience.

Feel free to contact me with any questions as I have done the entire stereo swap myself with the PAC kit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkangel-77 View Post
where is that even located? from what I have seen the BA system is like 2 ohms or something?
Sir, the amplifier is in the trunk just under the left tail light. You will see it when you pull back the carpeting.

IG: StarSaber85(https://www.instagram.com/starsaber85/)

Performance Mods:
CAI, Inc. Cold Air Intake; ADM Racing Scoop; Bo White Ported Throttle Body; GPI Ported Rod Mod Intake; Kooks 1-7/8" Headers with Catted Connections; Solo Mach XL Axle-Back Exhaust

Last edited by the85darkknight; 06-08-2022 at 08:02 AM. Reason: Incorporate answer to original question
the85darkknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2022, 06:28 PM   #5
Arkangel-77

Quote:
Originally Posted by the85darkknight View Post
I changed all of my speakers to Infinity. The sound was better with the stock system, but I went further with a matching amplifier and Kenwood stereo. I even have a sub and sub amplifier to go with it.

I highly recommend taking the time to sound deaden your doors and rear deck as well as put stiff speaker mounts in if you decided to upgrade your speakers. It makes quite the difference on your listening experience.

Feel free to contact me with any questions as I have done the entire stereo swap myself with the PAC kit.

Sir, the amplifier is in the trunk just under the left tail light. You will see it when you pull back the carpeting.

Thank you for the Info - It really sounds Like more than I am wanting to get into. I would not mind upgrading the amp with the speakers especially if there was a plug and play adapter of some sort, but thats as far as I would be willing to go. I do not want to mess with the factory stereo! I guess I can go talk with my local Car Stereo shop and see if they have any experience or incite into this? I have looked into the PAC kits in the past - Just more than I wana deal with.

Thank you all for your Input. I am going to contact my Local shop and see what he says about options. I guess a self powered sub would be an easy add to this system.