Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 02-01-2019, 04:18 PM   #1
Nick7615

Drives: 2015 E-force S/C 2ss
Marbles in my E- Force.

Hey Y'all. Im in need of some help. This noise in my E- force (in video) had showed itself about a week ago, and has me stumped as to what it could be. The noise completely disappears when at any other Rpm other than idle, and runs completely normal with no change in performance. Also the noise reduces by about 80% when the car is in drive. The blower has about 20k miles since installed. I had spoken to an Edelbrock tech over the phone and we had boiled it down to the shaft that connects to the coupler making noise, And the jerkiness of the cam on the motor, translates into the Serp. belt In return, jerking the pulley on the snout. There was no binding when turning the pulley by hand with the Serp. belt off. He said its just something that happens and not to worry about, but it just sounds terrible.

I have reason to believe that it could possibly be low oil in the supercharger. This is because the bolts that lock in the supercharger lid had backed themselves out a bit, making them loose and had been spraying out a small amount of oil for who knows how long. As well as a small puddle of oil where the mounting bolt is. (Confirmed supercharger oil) Let me know what you guys think! Thanks!

https://youtu.be/clLxAYhGeuM

General list of mods- Custom grind cam ( Stock converter), Flex fuel running a full tank of E-85. Edelbrock E-force, stage 2 upper pulley, Innovators west overdrive lower pulley,
Nick7615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 05:26 PM   #2
Nick7615

Any Inputs?
Old 02-02-2019, 05:50 PM   #3
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Take the belt off and spin the pulley by hand. Check for excessive play by pulling around on the pulley. Also, verify it is in the supercharger. If you suspect that, taking the lid off and doing a visual would be next.

A call to Edelbrock would also be in order...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2019, 06:52 PM   #4
Nick7615

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammdo View Post
Take the belt off and spin the pulley by hand. Check for excessive play by pulling around on the pulley. Also, verify it is in the supercharger. If you suspect that, taking the lid off and doing a visual would be next.

A call to Edelbrock would also be in order...

-Don
Thank you for the input. Just took the belt off, unplugged the injectors and cranked it over. Sound is there just the same without the S/C spinning. Can also hear it when cranking over the engine by hand. So I have a lot more serious issue on my hands. I appreciate it.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:09 PM   #5
Nick7615

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick7615 View Post
Thank you for the input. Just took the belt off, unplugged the injectors and cranked it over. Sound is there just the same without the S/C spinning. Can also hear it when cranking over the engine by hand. So I have a lot more serious issue on my hands. I appreciate it.
Turned out to be the flex - plate bolts had backed themselves out somehow. So the flex plate is all loosey- goosey. Don’t know how that happened, considering the transmissions never been out of the car.
Old 02-02-2019, 10:40 PM   #6
hammdo
'It's an experiment'

Drives: [COTW 2/09/15] '11 GPI LSA SC Z/LE
Hum, interesting. Did you buy used or new? Used, probably was apart at some point. I’d get all new bolts, maybe a new flex plate and use loctite! Trans would need to be pulled back some...

Flywheel holder for $30 will help with torquing...

-Don
hammdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2019, 12:59 PM   #7
Nick7615

Will do! I bought used, but I know the person that had it before me and they never had it out. Maybe I bent the Flexplate when I used A pry bar to hold it, while torquing on the balancer. And pulling a transmission on jack stands is not fun lol.