Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-19-2014, 12:00 AM   #15
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Dude, don't let folks discourage you. You can find the car. 4 months ago I paid $33,900 for a 2013 2ss rs npp nav with 6k miles. A guy on here also had a 2013 1ss that he ended up selling for around 31k or so. It was red and had a second set of tires

Also, if your putting 20k you should be fine. No clue what your interest rate and what not is but you should be able to get a rate around 2%

Keep an eye on ebay. It's likely you'll have to have the car shipped (it can be done a lot cheaper than folks think)
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:28 PM   #16
Pasha

Drives: 2001 Volvo S40, 2014 SIM 1LT RS
Payment Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Dude, don't let folks discourage you. You can find the car. 4 months ago I paid $33,900 for a 2013 2ss rs npp nav with 6k miles. A guy on here also had a 2013 1ss that he ended up selling for around 31k or so. It was red and had a second set of tires

Also, if your putting 20k you should be fine. No clue what your interest rate and what not is but you should be able to get a rate around 2%

Keep an eye on ebay. It's likely you'll have to have the car shipped (it can be done a lot cheaper than folks think)
Yeah, I'm expecting an APR of about 2.5%...At $20K, it doens't make too giant of a difference...about $30/month.

About ebay, have you done that before? A govt. employee friend got a '70 Firebird on ebay and restored it, but I'm super paranoid about scams and the like. I guess I can always contact the seller and go see/test the car out...and if the seller doesn't want me to do that, I guess it's a stout NO.

Thanks for the encouragement. It helps a lot.
Pasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 01:38 PM   #17
Pasha

Also everyone, I intend to make a grand or two this summer (depending on if I keep this scholarship, I may have to be paying for summer courses...), so maybe I could go from $31 to a stretch of $33-34K

I'm still gonna hunt for a deal though. After the luck my sister found ($8K discount on her NEW car at the time!) I'm pretty determined.

Also, is it stupid to be asking around for how long someone is gonna hold on to their 1LE? I really don't want any mods done to it, but I'll make sacrifices if I have to. I just really don't want a voided warranty...

-Last thing...kind of off topic. If the warranty of a GM vehicle is INDEED voided, how does one get an oil change? My mother's buick has the warranty and all, but doesn't GM have it's own spec oil compound that they "require" on the vehicles?

I haven't checked under the hood of the buick, but i've heard of late that makers like Audi wrap the engine bay up so tight that you can't access it...so you have to go to a shop or dealer to do things like oil changes...
Old 02-19-2014, 05:09 PM   #18
Msmall143

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
Yeah, I'm expecting an APR of about 2.5%...At $20K, it doens't make too giant of a difference...about $30/month.

About ebay, have you done that before? A govt. employee friend got a '70 Firebird on ebay and restored it, but I'm super paranoid about scams and the like. I guess I can always contact the seller and go see/test the car out...and if the seller doesn't want me to do that, I guess it's a stout NO.

Thanks for the encouragement. It helps a lot.
Yes, I've bought 2 cars via ebay. A restored 1986 cj-7 and a 2013 1le. Both bought and had shipped without seeing the car. There are third party inspectors you can hire to take a look at the car where it is. It runs about $150.

I never understood the fly out drive 20+ hours home thing.

Not to mention, I'm sure you can find a forum member that would help inspect it
Old 02-19-2014, 05:11 PM   #19
Msmall143

Quote:
Also everyone, I intend to make a grand or two this summer (depending on if I keep this scholarship, I may have to be paying for summer courses...), so maybe I could go from $31 to a stretch of $33-34K

I'm still gonna hunt for a deal though. After the luck my sister found ($8K discount on her NEW car at the time!) I'm pretty determined.

Also, is it stupid to be asking around for how long someone is gonna hold on to their 1LE? I really don't want any mods done to it, but I'll make sacrifices if I have to. I just really don't want a voided warranty...

-Last thing...kind of off topic. If the warranty of a GM vehicle is INDEED voided, how does one get an oil change? My mother's buick has the warranty and all, but doesn't GM have it's own spec oil compound that they "require" on the vehicles?

I haven't checked under the hood of the buick, but i've heard of late that makers like Audi wrap the engine bay up so tight that you can't access it...so you have to go to a shop or dealer to do things like oil changes...
Oil changes have nothing to do with warranty. Voiding a warranty doesn't mean they won't work on your car....it means they won't work on it for free. Oil changes rent part of warranty work
Old 02-19-2014, 06:41 PM   #20
Pasha

Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Msmall143 View Post
Oil changes have nothing to do with warranty. Voiding a warranty doesn't mean they won't work on your car....it means they won't work on it for free. Oil changes rent part of warranty work
Thanks so much, Msmall. You've helped a lot! I'll be sure to keep posting my questions, and I'll let dad know about third party inspections. He is the opposite of you though...he would much rather fly a few hours and then drive the car home. He isn't really worried about mileage...
Old 02-19-2014, 08:56 PM   #21
Realist

Drives: No Camaro :(
If you do find a 1LE for 31k it will be a 1SS. Perhaps in Oct 14 to Feb 15 folks will be looking to get rid of them before winter or needing some cash. Make sure you leave money for tires as they don't last all that long. About a year ago I found a used 1SS for $35k but it was not a clean enough car, that may be a hurdle for you at that price. Good luck and please ask your parents if they want to adopt an adorable 48 year old married male, I could use more allowance.
Realist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2014, 09:09 PM   #22
SimpleGreen

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS
Quote:

Indeed, oil changes have nothing to do with warranties.

You can go to WalMart and buy the oil and filter for a Camaro, 8 quarts of 5W-30 full synthetic (I like Mobil 1) and an AcDelco filter. Nothing special about it. Oil fill tube and dip stick is wide open in plain sight on top, oil filter is hanging under the car in plain sight, too, lol.

Good luck getting your car! They are awesome.
SimpleGreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2014, 10:20 AM   #23
Pasha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realist View Post
If you do find a 1LE for 31k it will be a 1SS. Perhaps in Oct 14 to Feb 15 folks will be looking to get rid of them before winter or needing some cash. Make sure you leave money for tires as they don't last all that long. About a year ago I found a used 1SS for $35k but it was not a clean enough car, that may be a hurdle for you at that price. Good luck and please ask your parents if they want to adopt an adorable 48 year old married male, I could use more allowance.
Haha, my parents have 3 children that age. I'm the odd one out, thirty yeArs later. Thanks much. I love all the advice!
Old 02-20-2014, 10:27 AM   #24
Pasha

So clearly 31K is a low number, even maybe if I'm looking a year ahead. What is a ballpafk for '13 1LEs in 2SS form which are CPO or something similar? If I currently have a down payment of $20K, how much more should I earn if I want a monthly finance (at~2% APR) of $300-350?
Old 02-20-2014, 02:55 PM   #25
Mmar88

Drives: 2013 BRM 2SS/RS/1LE/NPP/NAV
In 2015 to. 2SS The way you want it I'd expect somewhere around $35,000 (chances are any 2SS is going to have other options such as RS,Nav,NPP) so figure $3k-$4k more would be safe to keep you around financing $11k
Mmar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 12:15 AM   #26
Pasha

Awesome. What about tires? If I was just commuting, are there any tires that would fit a 1LE and wouldn't run out of grip after 30,000 miles? My friend suggested getting 295/35 or 295/30 20s so that they don't rub as much. This is gonna be my daily driver, and I don't really need to be running EVERYWHERE with performance ZR tires. I did notice that the Goodyear Eagle F1s were the cheapest at the original size.

Thanks much!
Old 02-21-2014, 06:51 PM   #27
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
I am selling my 2013 2SS RS 1LE SIM (Silver Ice Metalic) Camaro for $39,900. Fully loaded with EVERYTHING, except sun roof. If you would like pictures or to know more about the car feel free to contact me.
2Muchmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 07:05 PM   #28
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Best I could find on Autotrader was this ... maybe you could haggle it down to your price:

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...64443256&Log=0
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote