Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 02-21-2014, 07:12 PM   #29
Billy10mm

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS 1LE NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
Awesome. What about tires? If I was just commuting, are there any tires that would fit a 1LE and wouldn't run out of grip after 30,000 miles? My friend suggested getting 295/35 or 295/30 20s so that they don't rub as much. This is gonna be my daily driver, and I don't really need to be running EVERYWHERE with performance ZR tires. I did notice that the Goodyear Eagle F1s were the cheapest at the original size.

Thanks much!
Actually, as I read more of your posts, I get more scared. Things like not knowing how oil changes work with regards to warranty and talking about getting WIDER tires than stock and saying they don't rub as much, not to mention that mom and dad are apparently footing a lot of the bill for this car ... I don't think this is the car for you. On that note, the stock tires don't rub at all. And going wider (stock is 285, you are asking about 295s) might cause some rubbing up front (definitely not in the rear)

If you're as young as I think you are, you're going to be lucky to get 15K miles out of these tires, likely a lot less out of the rears. A set of tires for this car, after tax, shipping, mounting, and balancing will run you between $1500 and $2000. Not only that, but I'm getting the feeling that you don't have secondary transportation, which means with those Supercar G2s (a pinch short of true R-compound rubber) you're going to need a set of winter wheels and tires. Then again, you could go without, and just crash the car or leave it parked for the entire winter.

This is not an inexpensive car to maintain. It's inexpensive as far as track cars go, but you sound like you are way out of your league here from both an experience perspective, and a financial perspective. If you really want a Camaro, consider a used V6. Even the regular SS models have Pirelli summer-only tires on them and you will be skirting death try to daily-drive them in the winter if you live in a cold climate.
Billy10mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2014, 09:59 PM   #30
Hoosier1LE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
You get get real close to $31K. You have to be patient and scour cars.com, auto trader and ebay. It will take time and some luck. I got mine a week before Thanksgiving, barely used with 8,000 miles for $31,600. 2SS/RS/1LE with Npp. Just have to put the effort in.
Hoosier1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:51 PM   #31
Pasha

Drives: 2001 Volvo S40, 2014 SIM 1LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Muchmark View Post
I am selling my 2013 2SS RS 1LE SIM (Silver Ice Metalic) Camaro for $39,900. Fully loaded with EVERYTHING, except sun roof. If you would like pictures or to know more about the car feel free to contact me.
Eh, way above my price range. I wish I could! Good luck to you selling it though
Pasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 10:58 PM   #32
Pasha

Drives: 2001 Volvo S40, 2014 SIM 1LT RS
Climate/experience

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy10mm View Post
Actually, as I read more of your posts, I get more scared. Things like not knowing how oil changes work with regards to warranty and talking about getting WIDER tires than stock and saying they don't rub as much, not to mention that mom and dad are apparently footing a lot of the bill for this car ... I don't think this is the car for you. On that note, the stock tires don't rub at all. And going wider (stock is 285, you are asking about 295s) might cause some rubbing up front (definitely not in the rear)

If you're as young as I think you are, you're going to be lucky to get 15K miles out of these tires, likely a lot less out of the rears. A set of tires for this car, after tax, shipping, mounting, and balancing will run you between $1500 and $2000. Not only that, but I'm getting the feeling that you don't have secondary transportation, which means with those Supercar G2s (a pinch short of true R-compound rubber) you're going to need a set of winter wheels and tires. Then again, you could go without, and just crash the car or leave it parked for the entire winter.

This is not an inexpensive car to maintain. It's inexpensive as far as track cars go, but you sound like you are way out of your league here from both an experience perspective, and a financial perspective. If you really want a Camaro, consider a used V6. Even the regular SS models have Pirelli summer-only tires on them and you will be skirting death try to daily-drive them in the winter if you live in a cold climate.
Well, I actually am considering getting a regular SS. The more I think about it and talk about it, the more I realize that an SS is maybe more appropriate.

as far as climate, i'm from southeast Texas, so winter tires aren't necessary. I appreciate your concern though!
Pasha is offline   Reply With Quote