Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: Add a LFX Sub Forum or Keep The Combined LLT/LFX Forum?
Yes, They should add a LFX sub forum 668 95.43%
No, They should keep the LLT/LFX combined in one forum 32 4.57%
Voters: 700. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-31-2014, 11:07 PM   #197
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
The 1LE suspension upgrade needs to be added to this topic!
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2014, 12:50 PM   #198
clboyles13

Drives: 2014 1LT Camaro
Bought a 2014 1LT a few months ago, going in today to see about a flowmaster dual exhaust and a CAI Inc intake. I'd like to get the VMAX ported throttle body but not sure on hp/tq gains, if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. I mostly want to see more torque out of my LFX
clboyles13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 03:38 PM   #199
Jason@JacFab

Drives: 2016 1LT RS Camaro; 72 Chevelle
Send a message via AIM to Jason@JacFab Send a message via MSN to Jason@JacFab
Quote:
Originally Posted by clboyles13 View Post
Bought a 2014 1LT a few months ago, going in today to see about a flowmaster dual exhaust and a CAI Inc intake. I'd like to get the VMAX ported throttle body but not sure on hp/tq gains, if anyone has any input it would be greatly appreciated. I mostly want to see more torque out of my LFX
If you're looking for torque, which is a great thing to want for an engine that lacks it, might I suggest taking a look at the Extendolator intake manifold spacer. By increasing the runner length of the intake manifold, a substantial amount of torque can be gained in the low and mid-range rpm areas, up to 5000 rpms

Here is some info on it, and the most recent dyno testing charts:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...05&postcount=1

Here is one guys feedback:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...51&postcount=1

Let me know if you have any questions, etc?
Jason@JacFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #200
crazy82012

Drives: SIM2012 Rollin on22's LEDs
Just wanted to say Thanks to all you guys for helping with all this info & keeping these treads going
crazy82012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #201
450X Scott

Drives: 2013 1LT convertible
FYI on exhaust for the convertible...

Not sure if this is new but was looking into exhaust options for the convertible and due to the bracing there are limited options for mufflers. I inquired with Magnaflow and found out they have a cat back for the 3.6 convertibles that includes the resonated X to control drone. Part #15353. It may be a new option as the literature notes 2010-2015 Camaro 3.6L.
450X Scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:01 AM   #202
Pasha

Drives: 2001 Volvo S40, 2014 SIM 1LT RS
Is anyone still replying on this forum? I was going to ask about the Fabberge twin-turbo upgrade. Also, tell me if this is a totally ludicrous idea...but the 2016 CTS-V is rumored to be having a sick twin-turbo LF4 engine. Is there any remote possibility of or reason to attempt an LT4 twin-turbo engine swap with the LFX?
Pasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2014, 12:11 AM   #203
Jason@JacFab

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasha View Post
Is anyone still replying on this forum? I was going to ask about the Fabberge twin-turbo upgrade. Also, tell me if this is a totally ludicrous idea...but the 2016 CTS-V is rumored to be having a sick twin-turbo LF4 engine. Is there any remote possibility of or reason to attempt an LT4 twin-turbo engine swap with the LFX?
You might be better off posting this particular question in the forced induction v6 section... We've been discussing the LF3 currently available in the CTS and XTS, it puts out some impressive numbers as well. Not much is known about the LF4 at the moment, but it's probably just an LF3 with some subtle changes..
Old 12-15-2014, 12:16 AM   #204
Pasha

Drives: 2001 Volvo S40, 2014 SIM 1LT RS
Thanks, Jason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason@JacFab View Post
You might be better off posting this particular question in the forced induction v6 section... We've been discussing the LF3 currently available in the CTS and XTS, it puts out some impressive numbers as well. Not much is known about the LF4 at the moment, but it's probably just an LF3 with some subtle changes..
Yeah, I'm not too good at picking the right section yet. Thanks for the help!
Old 03-11-2015, 03:38 PM   #205
StephenofSD
SoCal HT5

Drives: 2014 2LS A6 "Storm"
Really good place to go to when in needs of areas to get your desired item. I Will also be beginning a potential business relationship with a company that wants to get into the Camaro world and would like to start with my 2014 2LS. Once parts have begun to be made and are up for sale I will update you.

Mods
Exterior: Fender Hash Stripes, Z/28 Spoiler
Interior: Led Map Light, Green Led Footwell Lighting
StephenofSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:12 PM   #206
shadholland

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1LT RS
I just did the Trifeca performance tune to my 2012 LFX and it really made a difference. I was quite surprised.

I added an Injen Cold Air Intake and a Heartthrob Catback exhaust to it. I put those into the details when I ordered the tune so they can take advantage of the aftermarket parts. According to all the specs, I should be in the 380 Horsepower range and well, it feels like it's a lot faster.

The biggest thing I noticed today on my way into work is that on the highway I have a lot more power throughout the gear range. I used to downshift 2, sometimes 3 gears when I needed to get on it, but now I can do 1 or 2 and it seems to have the power needed in the lower RPM range. I suppose if I dropped to 3, I might even have that much more.........guess we'll see.

I am impressed! Once I have the time, I will have a dyno done so I know the exact gains from the stock 323 HP.

People make fun of the fact I got the V6 and not the V8. I wanted the V6 because I knew it was a much higher tech motor instead of old skool big displacement. At some point I plan to get forced induction.....but I need to upgrade brakes and clutch first.
shadholland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:20 PM   #207
gahammerle

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS M6 Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadholland View Post
According to all the specs, I should be in the 380 Horsepower range and well, it feels like it's a lot faster.
How did you arrive at this number? You can't just add the claimed gain of each aftermarket part to the original HP number. Different upgrades add power at different points across the RPM range. The gains are not all at the exact same RPM and thus cannot simply be added together to get a new peak HP.

Injen CAI / Solo Mach-X LLT / Solo High-flow res-cats / Barton short shifter / RX Catch Can / RPI Gills / 35% tint / LED Footwell Lighting Front & Rear / Pedders Street 1 / Pedders steering rack bushing / SS struts / Pfadt drop springs / VMax Ported Throttle Body / Spohn Toe Rods / Spohn Trailing Arms / Trifecta Tune / MACE 25mm Intake Spacers

Find me on Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/gahammerle
gahammerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 01:37 PM   #208
Jason@JacFab

Stock at the WHEELS these typically push out around ~250-260hp on a dynojet. I think your guess is a little inflated. Realistically, if the tune is any good, I'd guess you might hit around 285 if you're lucky, unless you get on a "feel good" dyno and get something higher.
Old 10-21-2015, 06:07 PM   #209
IdRatherPushAChevy

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS
SLP intakes that aren't on list

There is an intake by SLP that isn't on the list, part #'s 620045(blue filter) and 620046(black filter). It uses a conical filter, and supposedly allows you to retain the factory washer-fluid bottle location. This intake is for the LFX.

I don't have one, and haven't read about many people who do, but it seems like it might be worth adding to this list.
IdRatherPushAChevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 07:26 PM   #210
bonecrusher5150

Drives: 2017 Camaro 1SS Mean Green
Well I have trolling this site for over a year. I currently have a 2012 Camaro LS. I wanted the V8 but after careful consideration figured I would have more fun playing with the V6 model. Plus, our V6 Camaros currently lead the Pony Car race between the Mustang and Challengers. Well I have had no regrets. To date I have only added three items to my Camaro:

SLP Loudmouth Axel Back Exhaust
Cold Air Intake (Went cheap, but plan on upgrading)
Helix Throttle Body Spacer

What I plan on doing next is installing an air intake manifold spacer and possibly a new performance throttle body. We are so limited due to the LFX engine. Besides what I have stated on here, is there any other upgrades to engine performance that we can do?

Thanks for reading and all the guidance provided in these forums.
bonecrusher5150 is offline   Reply With Quote