Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-15-2013, 02:07 PM   #29
gajagfan

Drives: 2013 1SS 1LE Black - Std Exhaust
Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieguy13 View Post
HUD would've been nice but my finance situation choice was 2ss or 1ss 1le. I think we all am agree which is the better choice for same price
Was in the same boat, and made the same decision. No regrets what so ever!
gajagfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 02:09 PM   #30
bowtiefamily

Drives: Chevrolet
I have owned one of every generation and these are amazing. For the money there is no better enjoyment.

Think of it like this a trip to a large amusement park for two is easily $300.00 for the day if not more. You stand in line next to other crabby people and ride a ride for 90 seconds. in a day you may get 10 rides.

For an average of $600.00 (more or less) a month you drive these awesome cars several times.....so ok screw the math they're just fun to drive and I am 16 all over again!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:26 PM   #31
steelersgeek70

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Well, only 2 really! One is that it wasn't a manual and the second is that I didn't get a ZL1. Other than that, I love mine!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:46 PM   #32
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
No regrets. The best purchase I ever made. Now I just wish I could win the lottery so I could make more Camaro related purchases.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #33
MattSS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 CGM
Ordered my 2SS 2 weeks after the dealerships had their 'unveiling' back in 2009. Picked it up a month later, 2nd one on the streets in my town. Best car I've ever owned. 4 years in and I still get permagrin when I walk up to it. That's why it's called permagrin!
MattSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:11 PM   #34
gafool

Drives: 2010 1SS CGM
nope not one bit, drove three hours in the rain to begin the process, almost drove home without it after a long day of test driving and trying to get my loan to go through, but later that night i drove back home with an awesome car in the rain with a perm grin and still have it !
Attached Images

gafool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:20 PM   #35
Wildcherry13

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS IOM 1LE
Oh another thing I regret about my 5th Gen is when i googled information about it, C5 popped up all over the place. I learned everything about a 5th gen. Thats when I said "damn, I shouldve bought a v8!"
lol
Wildcherry13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:07 PM   #36
ECCamaro
High Desert Camaro Man

Drives: White Convertible-Tan Top 2SS V8
All I can say GM is Trunk Monkey. You had it on older vehicles! It has multiple uses! Especially keep those teenagers in check!

http://youtu.be/8avOiTUcD4Y
ECCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #37
ucla

Drives: 2010 2ss, 67 fastback & vert stangs
Interior quality is just dissapointing in my opinion.... If the dash was lesthrt snd they threw in some polished alluminum maybe...
ucla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 01:40 PM   #38
Sugarfree135

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Oh come on you know you like the plastic that scratches if you look at it wrong 😜 lol It is a gm vehicle they have never been known for quality interior parts, it's not like a 90's Honda where the car can fall apart around the dash that still looks as beautiful as day 1
Sugarfree135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 03:01 PM   #39
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
Regret feels like such a strong word.

However...

I WAS completely happy with my 1SS until I bought my fiancee's Acadia, which has leather seats, bluetooth all the bells and whistles. Prior to my Camaro I was always a Jeep guy, so I never had such amenities and didn't quite know what I was missing.

While I need none of those things to enjoy my car, I've realized that leather isn't as hot and sticky in NY as it was in the hotter places that I've lived. Sliding into a plush leather seat is very very nice.

I also wish that the 1LE package had been available when I bought my car.

Oh, and My CGM is the first non-white vehicle I have ever owned. While I love my CGM, there are many many times when I see a summit white Camaro and wonder if I made the right choice.

All that said, I do love my car, and will likely keep it for a while I'm waiting until the 6th gen comes out do decide whether I want to jump to the next platform. If I don't then it's either go balls out and build my SS into a FI monster, or try to find a nice, clean used SW ZL1
Old 08-16-2013, 04:48 PM   #40
sstnt

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS!
I promise you that I will NEVER, EVER, EVER Buy another Camaro! It just ain't happenin', I will NOT DO IT!!! You ask WHY, WHY, WHY??!?!?!?! BECAUSE.....

I will DIE before I get rid of my Blue Beauty ...she will be the car I own when I die and if I could (my sons would kill me if I wasn't already dead for not leaving it for them), I would be buried in her.
$$ down on dealer car #3466, pending Pw: 6-10-2009
Car Picked up by Shipper: 6-22-2009
Car has ARRIVED: 6-24-2009 (and she's a beauty!)
sstnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:38 PM   #41
SSeniorMoment

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS LS3 A6 IOM
I'm a Cummins 4x4 kinda guy and it's been a very long time since I've owned a car; however, once I saw the '10 SS I knew it would only be a matter of time before I owned one.

Seeing the IOM leather seats and I melted away and there was instant bonding. Being retired, I found/find reasons to go for a ride and it's a conversation starter, especially amongst those of us who grew up driving the original muscle cars.

I've begun the modding with Pfadt Tri-Ys w/high flow cats and a CAI. The factory cat back exhaust and CAI sound complement each other, quiet at cruising rpms, but get into spirited driving and the sound is very noticeable and aggressive. Being a fan of big block torque and horsepower, stroke/cam/ heads are in the planning phase; all in a comfortable and safe driving platform.
SSeniorMoment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #42
SIN R G

Drives: 2008 VW R32, 2011 Synergy Green 2SS
The only regret that I have is not ordering the RS package. I have had some nice cars, but none that I Love as much as this Camaro.
SIN R G is offline   Reply With Quote