Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-24-2014, 05:12 PM   #99
ToolFan66

Drives: 2011 2SS 6.2L W/RS package
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottsLZL1 View Post
You people have to much time on your hands, taking pictures of how people park ? Does this keep you up at night ? Do you worry as much about raising your kids or other important things in life ? Alot of you need to get laid !!!!

Haha!!! Agreed!!

KooKs LT Headers, Borla S-Type cat back, RotoFab CAI, Bo White PTB, RMCR tune...
ToolFan66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:02 PM   #100
Camarolover85
Account Suspended

Drives: 2019 Dodge Challenger Scat Pack
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToolFan66 View Post
Haha!!! Agreed!!
I agree, it's funny how many people on this site act like we drive Bentleys or something the general public cannot afford. "How DARE you park next to my car!!"

This stuff annoys me too but i don't think it's the end of the world. lol
Camarolover85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #101
steelersgeek70

Drives: 2011 Chevy Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
You people have to much time on your hands, taking pictures of how people park ? Does this keep you up at night ? Do you worry as much about raising your kids or other important things in life ? Alot of you need to get laid !!!!
Hmm, let's see. I've raised 3 kids that have turned out to be pretty good people and I get laid on a pretty regular basis, so I'd say it's ok for some of us to point our A-hole parkers! No, it doesnt keep up at night and snapping a picture is actually pretty easy and quick to do! Apparently you have enough time to comment about us on here! Just sayin!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #102
steelersgeek70

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarolover85 View Post
I agree, it's funny how many people on this site act like we drive Bentleys or something the general public cannot afford. "How DARE you park next to my car!!"

This stuff annoys me too but i don't think it's the end of the world. lol
No, most of us don't think of our cars as a Bentley, but we do value them and care for them. We spent our hard earned money on them!
Old 06-24-2014, 07:35 PM   #103
Emig5m
100% Sport Møde

Drives: '17 Civic SI + '04 SVT Lightning
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelersgeek70 View Post
No, most of us don't think of our cars as a Bentley, but we do value them and care for them. We spent our hard earned money on them!
I'd rather drive a Camaro than a Bentley! (Not my cup of tea)
Emig5m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:37 PM   #104
homewrecker

Drives: '04 Z06, '14BMW M235i, '15 SS/1LE
No matter how close I park to the end or how much extra room I give others next to me, they always park over the line. OCD nightmare I tell ya.

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk
homewrecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:46 PM   #105
ChocoTaco369
145lb Powerlifter

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevint View Post
What is, "first move front?" Google returns a bunch of sites about chess. Your second point is debatable. I wait an equal amount of time for people backing into and out of parking spots. Subjectivity is a hell of a drug.
"First move front," "park to leave" or most often titled "first move forward" is a policy that most companies with fleet vehicles adopt because it is orders of magnitude safer to back into spots and pull out of spots head first than the latter.

If you actually look around, these signs are found in parking lots quite frequently:

I don't know what you mean by "subjectivity." Have you ever waited for people to back out of spots vs pulling out head-first immediately? Backing in takes slightly longer than pulling in head-first, but pulling out head-first is much faster than backing out.

Collectively, backing in/pulling out head-first is faster than how most people typically park and much, much safer. For some reason, when this is brought up, people tend to get offended. Camaro drivers will park in the middle of nowhere a mile away from the door in parking lots and that's OK, but they won't admit they park incorrectly

http://www.smeinc.com/company/news/first-move-forward

Quote:
Sometimes A Good Offense Is The Best Defense.
Did you know that the average driver operates a vehicle in reverse for only about one mile annually, yet statistics show that 25-30% of all accidents occur while vehicles are backing up? Consider that drivers looking for parking spaces are distracted; people backing out of parking spaces are concerned with avoiding collision with the vehicles on either side. Both drivers are distracted and so accidents happen.
Park correctly. Back into spots, don't pull in head-first.
Old 06-24-2014, 07:53 PM   #106
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
this might be fun then

Old 06-24-2014, 10:42 PM   #107
ScottsLZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Hmm, let's see. I've raised 3 kids that have turned out to be pretty good people and I get laid on a pretty regular basis, so I'd say it's ok for some of us to point our A-hole parkers! No, it doesnt keep up at night and snapping a picture is actually pretty easy and quick to do! Apparently you have enough time to comment about us on here! Just sayin!
Instead of taking a picture, why dont you grow a set of nuts and wait for the guy or gal and straighten them out for parking next to your preicous camaro. Because you rather come to a message board and bash them, call them names because your too afraid to really do anything about it.
ScottsLZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 10:52 PM   #108
steelersgeek70

Quote:
Instead of taking a picture, why dont you grow a set of nuts and wait for the guy or gal and straighten them out for parking next to your preicous camaro. Because you rather come to a message board and bash them, call them names because your too afraid to really do anything about it.
Don't recall saying they were parking next to my precious camaro and other than saying A-hole parkers in general, dont recall any bashing. I'm sure you're balls are big enough for everyone on here so I'm not worried about needing to grow mine any bigger! Last time i checked, this was a forum to post about camaros which may or may not include discussions on A-hole parkers. If you don't like topic, stay off the post!
Old 06-24-2014, 10:55 PM   #109
Mean Green Z28

Drives: 2010 2SS
This was today at work. Special Collector's Edition Avalon perhaps?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
-- >> Some of my Projects My Fquick Page
Mean Green Z28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #110
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Kind of off topic but not really. I went to verizon to pay my bill earlier today and parked too myself with co worker in the car, while I was inside the verizon store my phone rings and its my co worker telling me to come outside bc some chick just bumped my car (the ss). I go out and thankfully it was very minor damage (pretty much not obvious), I was nervous at first but once I viewed the tiny mark i sent her on her way (was not a big deal), plus its just a car.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:50 PM   #111
ScottsLZL1

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Don't recall saying they were parking next to my precious camaro and other than saying A-hole parkers in general, dont recall any bashing. I'm sure you're balls are big enough for everyone on here so I'm not worried about needing to grow mine any bigger! Last time i checked, this was a forum to post about camaros which may or may not include discussions on A-hole parkers. If you don't like topic, stay off the post!
Oh so now you wanna tell people when & where to comment kinda like you wanna tell people how to park. Get lost.
ScottsLZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 12:27 AM   #112
DRKnight1SS
The Dude

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS M6
Some people need to be slapped. HARD.
DRKnight1SS is offline   Reply With Quote