Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-01-2010, 11:33 PM   #71
Tarl

Drives: Rally Yellow/black -2010 Camaro
Even if they are busy and can't see your car, they can "treat" you respectfully and make you feel like you are a valued customer. As I rule I don't just "drop in" unexpectedly unless I'm on the road and close to the dealer and the situation just "can't wait."

I have one of the service supervisor's email and I just usually shoot him off a message, email, telling him my problem and when would be a good time to bring it in. They usually respond pretty quickly and this works good for me.

I find the best time usually during the week is early on MONDAYS. I'm aware that they can get very busy....so the emails save me any unnecessary trips to the dealership.
Tarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 11:39 PM   #72
2SSARMY
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Epitaph View Post
Ever heard of 1st come 1st serve? Would you want the same thing if you went to a fast food joint to order a #1 while a family of 10 were in the middle of ordering?

They aren't obligated to do anything for you just because you have to "have it now".
Takes a minute to get someone to just take a quick look. I've never had a problem at my dealership. I drive in and someone pretty much comes running out to address me. They look at it and we make plans. If they told me to come back in a week, I'd give them a couple words and never come back.

If I buy a $40,000 car from them, they better treat me well.
2SSARMY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 03:12 AM   #73
Rwarchol

Drives: 2010 1LT SIM A6, 2005 GTO TR A4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarl View Post
Even if they are busy and can't see your car, they can "treat" you respectfully and make you feel like you are a valued customer. As I rule I don't just "drop in" unexpectedly unless I'm on the road and close to the dealer and the situation just "can't wait."

I have one of the service supervisor's email and I just usually shoot him off a message, email, telling him my problem and when would be a good time to bring it in. They usually respond pretty quickly and this works good for me.

I find the best time usually during the week is early on MONDAYS. I'm aware that they can get very busy....so the emails save me any unnecessary trips to the dealership.
There are also two sides to every story as well. Who knows what kind of attitude the OP went in with. For all we know she could've went in real snotty and demanding and that could be why the brushed her off- like the "they were just sitting there eating doughnuts!" comment. If they're hourly employees they may not have been on the clock. It's like people who get pissed off at me when I walk into Target wearing a red polo shirt and don't know where something is. People like to assume things. Don't get mad at Target and say nobody in the store doesn't know anything when you're asking somebody something who doesn't even work there. Not saying the OP is one of these people but as a Manager in the retail world customers do believe they are always right when the majority of the time they are not.
Rwarchol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:44 AM   #74
yuioutta

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS M6
Well I don't know about "big city" service, but around here if the dealership wouldn't even look at it..... lets just say they would be run right out of town. I drop by just to say hi to the salesman on occasion and he always wants to make sure all is well with my Camaro! Just my .02 cents
yuioutta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:24 AM   #75
daphatgrant
June '10

Drives: '10 2SS/RS RJT
It looks like there is an issue, but it's cosmetic, I would have just made an appointment.

(Click above image to learn about UpstateC5)
daphatgrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 02:35 AM   #76
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Globemaster View Post
lol people willing to live with bad customer service.

The way you make it sound is dealers are all foul and disrespectful.

I don't live with bad customer service. I also don't expect to drive up to a dealership and get help now. I call and if they can look at the problem I take it there and if they can't I make an appointment.

The problem is not always Bad customer service.

This great country has become a large majority of people that want it NOW.
It’s a (me first mentality) and as cheap as you can get it.

I can bet that more then 50% of people when they do get that all so rare great service never go the the owner/manager and tell them about their great employ that did the job right and above standards but people line up to complain about the time it takes to get service or that service was bad.
^ This. As someone who works in retail management, I can't agree enough.