Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-02-2010, 04:54 PM   #57
WhoDat24
Geaux Saints Geaux

Drives: Bumblebee. 2SS/RS (#88**)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
OK, here's the situation. I have three kids. a 10 yr, 12 yr, and a 15 year old. All three want me to get a camaro (Rally Yellow with Black stripes - wonder why their stuck on that setup????)

Anyway, my wife wants me to replace my sedan with another "sensible" car. She's finally starting to think the Camaro might be O.K., but her one requirement is: all three kids have to be able to ride with me.

I'm looking real close and it looks like they MIGHT fit. but can they survive riding in it for 30 minutes? To the movies? sure! From Home to school or activities? Sure! But for an actual drive for any length of time? That's the question.

Our other car is a Honda Odyssey. That's her car and the one we would use if we ALL head out. So my question for anyone who might have experience is: Can you realistically fit two Middle-schoolers in the back seat and survive the drive?

We used to do this back when I was in high school with a '80 Trans Am, but this back seat looks even smaller (or I'm just a LOT bigger).

The other option is getting a family car until my teen gets out of the house, so we're down to two. But I'm not sure if I'll like the Alpha-based gen 6.

Thoughts?
I've squeezed three college-aged friends in my passenger and backseats for a 13 hour marathon to Destin Florida, so yeah, its doable, but not very comfortable after 4 hours.

Get a Camaro!

WhoDat24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:15 PM   #58
SS One

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS RS
The only problem that you will have is that once you get the car, the kids will want to go everywhere with you just to ride in the "cool" car. I've experienced it with my kids. They want to take the Camaro everywhere we go...the hell with the SUV.
SS One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 05:33 PM   #59
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinzon View Post
used G8 GXP

zeta and a LS3
But it's not a Camaro, and it's butt ugly to boot...
Old 06-02-2010, 05:54 PM   #60
familycaronROIDS!
CMS built

Drives: 13 5.0
The best of both worlds G8.

wrenched & tuned by Cunningham Motorsports
familycaronROIDS! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:46 PM   #61
mfr1950

Drives: 2011 challengerR/T , 2010 Ram R/T
I have put two 16 year olds in my back seat with no problems,when your that age you are flexible and limber enough to get in without difficulty.....

Your kids are making the right color choice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mfr1950 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 06:55 PM   #62
Green Monster

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green, 6-sp auto
I'd say get a Cadillac CTS-V. You won't find a better sedan...wish I still had mine.
Old 06-02-2010, 07:02 PM   #63
TXCammy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM/Beige/M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mpiper View Post
OK, here's the situation. I have three kids. a 10 yr, 12 yr, and a 15 year old. All three want me to get a camaro (Rally Yellow with Black stripes - wonder why their stuck on that setup????)

Anyway, my wife wants me to replace my sedan with another "sensible" car. She's finally starting to think the Camaro might be O.K., but her one requirement is: all three kids have to be able to ride with me.

I'm looking real close and it looks like they MIGHT fit. but can they survive riding in it for 30 minutes? To the movies? sure! From Home to school or activities? Sure! But for an actual drive for any length of time? That's the question.

Our other car is a Honda Odyssey. That's her car and the one we would use if we ALL head out. So my question for anyone who might have experience is: Can you realistically fit two Middle-schoolers in the back seat and survive the drive?

We used to do this back when I was in high school with a '80 Trans Am, but this back seat looks even smaller (or I'm just a LOT bigger).

The other option is getting a family car until my teen gets out of the house, so we're down to two. But I'm not sure if I'll like the Alpha-based gen 6.

Thoughts?
I have 4 kids (3 are mine and 1 stepchild that is only w/ us every other weekend), anyway, my 16 y.o. son who is 6'1", my 18 y.o. daughter and my 8 y.o. daughter all fit in the back seat quite nicely. The 8 y.o. sits in the middle on the "hump" and my son has to sit behind the shortest person. If we happen to have ALL the kids, my 18 y.o. takes her car and my 16 y.o. usually rides w/ her. It all works out for us.....just depends on your family dynamics--good luck w/ your decision.
TXCammy is offline   Reply With Quote