Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

View Poll Results: LSA OR LS7 for the NEW Z28
LSA 79 67.52%
LS7 38 32.48%
Voters: 117. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-14-2008, 12:57 PM   #43
asrapid

Drives: Stratus
How about this?:-)
It is chevy engine
http://www.falconerengines.com/irl_app_1.html

or maybe this
http://www.falconerengines.com/v12_app_1.html
asrapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 02:58 PM   #44
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Drives: VRSCF, 2011 SS vert
Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lifted07Sierra View Post
Lease the 2010 then
no thanks. I'd prefer to own it rather then have to give a car back. exactly why I pay on my car and truck. once they are paid off then I get to keep them. plus to I drive waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much to lease. 6 months equals 14,000 miles.
boxmonkeyracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #45
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxmonkeyracing View Post
no thanks. I'd prefer to own it rather then have to give a car back. exactly why I pay on my car and truck. once they are paid off then I get to keep them. plus to I drive waaaaaaaaaayyyy too much to lease. 6 months equals 14,000 miles.
YIKES!!! I was complaining when I had to DD my '02 to the tune of 12K miles a year. I had nothing to complain about.

I've considered a lease, but I've wanted this car more than any other before. If I can get it the way I'm hoping GM will go, I'll be as happy as can be and won't be getting rid of if for anything. Leasing isn't too bad if you don't like keeping cars. It is wasteful but why finance for six years, only to trade it in in a couple, only to have not paid anything on the principle?... Not only are you in the hole, it'll roll over on the next car. You can find terms on a lease, save money every month, and get a new car every few years.

I'm planning on purchasing my Z28 though

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:21 PM   #46
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Send a message via AIM to boxmonkeyracing Send a message via Yahoo to boxmonkeyracing
Quote:
Originally Posted by radz282003 View Post
YIKES!!! I was complaining when I had to DD my '02 to the tune of 12K miles a year. I had nothing to complain about.

I've considered a lease, but I've wanted this car more than any other before. If I can get it the way I'm hoping GM will go, I'll be as happy as can be and won't be getting rid of if for anything. Leasing isn't too bad if you don't like keeping cars. It is wasteful but why finance for six years, only to trade it in in a couple, only to have not paid anything on the principle?... Not only are you in the hole, it'll roll over on the next car. You can find terms on a lease, save money every month, and get a new car every few years.

I'm planning on purchasing my Z28 though
yea well every weekend I'm driving to charlotte and back or goldsboro, myrtle beach or wot not. I bought the truck at the end of june last year and deployed in sept. when I deployed I had 7000 miles on it. today I looked and was sitting over 19000. I drive way too much.
Old 08-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #47
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
The sound of the LS7 is something beautiful, and I just love a high output, high winding NA V8. It just seems to be a more pure mechanical greatness, and I love it. Since it is to be killed off, I hope the Z28 has an NA DI Gen V. Given Scott's hinting that they're waiting to put the Z28 on something special to be worthy of the name, count me in to the group thinking they're waiting for the Gen V.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:33 PM   #48
iPODFAN11

Drives: 2019 Shock ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan View Post
Neither, if it happens it is more likely to get an LS8 and be around 475-500 hp. LS7 is already as good as gone.
+1. My guess is that LS8 would be bits LSA and LS9 put together but with a lesser volume s/charger, not the 1900 or 2300. 475-525hp. LS8 was going to be the "premium zeta engine" so I suspect it would go into a Z/28.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
we're certainly looking at it -- but right now, the emphasis MUST be on getting the Camaro V6 and SS out -- and having it exceed your expectations....

Once that's done....................
iPODFAN11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 04:35 AM   #49
Cessna510
Gm loyalist

Drives: 04 z71 tahoe\99 SS m6
Not trying to hate here guys, but lets say the z\28 would come out with 475 would it be worth paying the extra cash for 50ish more hp?The Z needs 550 because as soon as the Z gets 475-500 ford will bump the gt500 up.IMO
Old 08-15-2008, 08:39 AM   #50
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
Not trying to hate here guys, but lets say the z\28 would come out with 475 would it be worth paying the extra cash for 50ish more hp?The Z needs 550 because as soon as the Z gets 475-500 ford will bump the gt500 up.IMO
the Z28 does not need 550 horses. . .if it's not the GT500 fighter. but whatever the GT500 fighter is I say needs a least 500 horses to compete. . .but along with that a price tag cheaper then the GT500. about 4-5k cheaper so you could buy a supercharger for the difference and have over 600 hp at the wheels.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:48 AM   #51
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cessna510 View Post
See that's my whole thing too. IMVHO, I think it is not going to be possible to expect a car that is going to be substaintially enough lighter to bestow the car with handling way better than the SS. So, the only real option may be adding power and trying to minimize the weight within reason. I think this could be changing as we speak though with the cancelation of the BOSS engine from much of the Ford line so maybe Mustang won't even have a competitive model in the power range so there may not be a reason for GM to develope a 550 horse model...

Quote:
the Z28 does not need 550 horses. . .if it's not the GT500 fighter. but whatever the GT500 fighter is I say needs a least 500 horses to compete. . .but along with that a price tag cheaper then the GT500. about 4-5k cheaper so you could buy a supercharger for the difference and have over 600 hp at the wheels.
I can see this point too. The debate of the Z28 being heavier than the SS, having more power and etc., is not the original formula. However, it's already been confirmed it's not dead, therefore, I think it's reasonable not to expect ANOTHER Camaro model, like a ZL1 or what have you. I'm not expecting GM to produce anything like Dodge's track pack or whatever the special drag racing editions are. I could see a 1LE package being available, but that's about it. Of course adding an SC is an option, but I could easily see Z28 turn into a GT car. I've read arguments that we don't need a GT500-fighter because Ford needed it to compete with the 'Vette. I don't know how anyone can compare a Mustang to a 'Vette in any regimin except straighline, but that's what I've read. The price of a GT-type car could easily encroach on the base 'Vette, but a Camaro's a Camaro and a 'Vette's a 'Vette. I happen to prefer a GT-type car - easy for cruising, huge power when you want to get a little frisky, and great handling.

We'll see...

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 08-15-2008, 12:23 PM   #52
Captainbob

Drives: 69 Z28, 71 vette,01 ZO6,GT500
Quote:
Ok boxmonkey, your kidding me right? Ford dominated the rally track untill the Gen 1 Camaro was introduced with the first high RPM V 8 in which GM/camaro took over the track w/ domination for years over the mustang.. To say the Camaro doesn't need to be a GT500 fighter is to say a fish needs no water
Hoping GM will do the right thing. Super charge the new SS.. So it will compete with the big dogs!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rnevMoEut_E vs. ZO6
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V2l25Q5AHc4 10.97 run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vML-dKHCcLg dyno vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yLtQEdfN-CA hole shot
Captainbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:14 PM   #53
boxmonkeyracing
juggernaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbob View Post
Ok boxmonkey, your kidding me right? Ford dominated the rally track untill the Gen 1 Camaro was introduced with the first high RPM V 8 in which GM/camaro took over the track w/ domination for years over the mustang.. To say the Camaro doesn't need to be a GT500 fighter is to say a fish needs no water
I said the Z28 doesn't need to be a GT500 killer. not that GM shouldn't come out with a GT500 fighter.

Last edited by boxmonkeyracing; 08-15-2008 at 02:05 PM.
Old 08-15-2008, 01:21 PM   #54
BowtieGuy
Enlightened

Drives: Nothing Currently
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainbob View Post
Lol just to point this out, but anyone ever notice how the only times Ford dominates is when they have no competition?

People have to talk about something just to keep their voice boxes in working order. So they'll have good voice boxes in case there's ever anything really meaningful to say.
Kurt Vonnegut
BowtieGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:22 PM   #55
radz28
Petro-sexual

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Lol just to point this out, but anyone ever notice how the only times Ford dominates is when they have no competition?
LOL; good point!

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
Old 08-15-2008, 01:25 PM   #56
ckellyme3

Drives: 1986 IROC 406 stroker
Quote:
I said the Z28 doesn't need to be a GT500 killer.
Yes it does.
ckellyme3 is offline   Reply With Quote