Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-29-2019, 08:59 PM   #1
mreyna16

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS 2SS
Heated seats not working... Not your average heated seat peoblem

So my heated seats stopped working but it's not your average topic... Most or all topics I've seen show that the lights turn on for a minute then turn off but mine don't even turn on at all... I don't have warranty anymore so it's not like if I can take it to the dealership... Anybody had this and fixed it?
mreyna16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 09:44 PM   #2
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
you might have to dig some more but i believe others have had the same issue and it turns out the wiring inside the seat had to be fixed/replaced. do you know any local upholstery shops nearby that could possibly remove the seat covers and look?

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2019, 10:55 PM   #3
mreyna16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 608RS View Post
you might have to dig some more but i believe others have had the same issue and it turns out the wiring inside the seat had to be fixed/replaced. do you know any local upholstery shops nearby that could possibly remove the seat covers and look?
I've seen that solution but I think it's the solution when the lights on the heated seats button lights up... Mine doesn't do that, wonder if it's the same fix but I'd like to see if anyone has had the same problem before I take off my seats... Yea there's an upholstery shop
Old 10-30-2019, 08:22 AM   #4
frankwjr

Drives: 2010 SS 2SS M6
silly q but did you check all the fuses(s)? also make sure the plug under the seat did not get dislodged due to murphy.

Good luck!

PEACE
Old 10-30-2019, 03:22 PM   #5
mreyna16

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankwjr View Post
silly q but did you check all the fuses(s)? also make sure the plug under the seat did not get dislodged due to murphy.

Good luck!

PEACE
Yea I thought about the fuses thing too but wouldn't know which one it is... I'll check it out after work...

Also, come to think bout it a while back I had a full auto detail... Maybe these guys didn't connect it right even though my seats are working
Old 11-05-2019, 02:47 PM   #6
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
My driver's heater stopped working also. It was posted here with photos how a
wire under the seat gets pinched causing the failure. An easy fix as I remember
after the seat is removed. I have moved to Florida so not a concern for me now.
Old 11-06-2019, 06:11 AM   #7
VCSS11

Drives: Chevy Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by mreyna16 View Post
So my heated seats stopped working but it's not your average topic... Most or all topics I've seen show that the lights turn on for a minute then turn off but mine don't even turn on at all... I don't have warranty anymore so it's not like if I can take it to the dealership... Anybody had this and fixed it?
Im having the same issue. I checked the fuse and it was fine (#35 under the hood) I havent checked the connections underneath but what are the chances of that happening to both seats?!

Is there any other fuses for the heated seats? I read the manual and only found that 1
Old 11-06-2019, 06:49 AM   #8
FasNuf

Drives: 2014 Camaro ZL1
Compare the ohm reading on a good seat with a bad seat, If they're different suspect the heating element.
FasNuf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2019, 05:10 PM   #9
mreyna16

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCSS11 View Post
Im having the same issue. I checked the fuse and it was fine (#35 under the hood) I havent checked the connections underneath but what are the chances of that happening to both seats?!

Is there any other fuses for the heated seats? I read the manual and only found that 1
I checked the fuzes and connector too... They seem fine. And just like u, I thought to myself what are the chances of both sets of wires get burned out... I have yet to remove my seats, time hasn't allowed me to try and diagnose the wiring on 5he back of the seats... Might just try and unzip them from the back without removing them see if I see burnt wires... Let me know if u find a solution
Old 11-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #10
Camaro__ss

Drives: 2013 L99
It was pretty easy to remove seats. I took them out to clean carpet. As I recall: d/c battery, one bolt on each seat slider on the rear side, pickup and slide back an inch or two, unplug the wires and they come right out. I don’t know anything about the heaters though
Camaro__ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2019, 07:22 PM   #11
mreyna16

UPDATE: So I went ahead and removed my seats, checked wiring and everything looked good... Put my seats back and now the heated seats are working... I'm thinking the connection was somehow not connected right? Don't really know but my wires weren't burned... Thought I'd update u guys
Old 12-02-2019, 08:01 AM   #12
608RS

Drives: 2015 2ss
Quote:
UPDATE: So I went ahead and removed my seats, checked wiring and everything looked good... Put my seats back and now the heated seats are working... I'm thinking the connection was somehow not connected right? Don't really know but my wires weren't burned... Thought I'd update u guys
glad it was an easy fix lol, probably a bad connection or something. hopefully doesn't return again!

2015 Camaro 2ss, NicKey Performance built/tuned
608RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 06:40 PM   #13
legbuh

Drives: 13camaroZL1v,06 911, 18 StingerGT2
Quote:
Are they still working? I have the same issue where both won't turn on at all. Just bought it as a used 13 ZL1. I never thought of testing them before I bought it..

No huge issue. If disconnecting them and reconnecting worked, maybe the connectors are getting corroded for some reason.
legbuh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 11:33 AM   #14
ZachM

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro 2SS
Check the fuse, make sure it did not pop from excessive current. Possible open circuit in the wiring, broken switch, the heating element is known to break and go bad. Here is some GM material on replacement of the heater element, also a PDF of the wiring diagram.

NOTE : This information was pulled on a 2010 Camaro SS

Warning: Refer to SIR Warning.

Preliminary Procedure
Remove the front seat. Refer to Driver or Passenger Seat Removal and Installation.
Remove the front seat cushion cover and pad. Refer to Front Seat Cushion Cover and Pad Replacement.

Driver Front Seat Cushion Heater (Faulty)

Procedure
Disconnect the electrical connector.
Using a pair of scissors cut the original pigtail wire flush to the faulty heater element.
Remove the original pigtail from the faulty heater element and discard it.
Leave the faulty heater element in tack on the seat cushion pad.
Tip: In case of a broken heating wire, DO NOT repair by soldering the two ends.

Driver Front Seat Cushion Heater (New)

Procedure

Apply the new heater element double stacked on top of the original faulty heater element.

Tip: Note the routing of the original pigtail and connector location for installation.
Attached Images

Attached Images
File Type: pdf Heated:coolingseats.pdf (124.6 KB, 104 views)