Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 08-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #15
Splat

Drives: 2012 1SS M6 IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
No problem. I highly recommend this setup. Its a straight bolt on and it took my shop 3.5 hours to mount, balance and align.
Very nice.

By the looks of it, you haven't lowered your car yet?
Mods: LSA Supercharger, 2.55 Pulley, Custom Boost Cam, ARH LTH 1 7/8, HFC, 3' Magnaflow Exhaust, JLT CAI, Elite CC V2, BO White Stage 2 TB, GM 3.91 Gears, DSS CF Driveshaft, BMR Bushing Kit.... . Tuned by JTM Motorsports 540 Hp 550Tq on 9PSI

Axles, Monster Clutch, Hotchkis TVS Track Pack kit.......For 2018.
Splat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 04:45 PM   #16
djcolopi

Drives: @orange_maro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Splat View Post
Very nice.

By the looks of it, you haven't lowered your car yet?
No, she has not been lowered yet, I just upgraded to brembos, im getting the ZL1 HD driveline kit, 3.91 gear swap, GM 258mm Pro III 6L80E Torque Converter, a custom exhaust and finishing the turbo build and some paint work. She is currently in the shop right now.

After this year, I'm going to work on my suspension, fuel system and have my interior color matched and get some racing seats.
djcolopi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 07:32 PM   #17
djcolopi

I had carrera auto install the SS’s 14-inch rotors with four-piston Brembo brake calipers. Then I had them paint the calipers inferno orange.
Attached Images

Last edited by djcolopi; 10-09-2015 at 11:30 AM.
Old 10-09-2015, 11:30 AM   #18
djcolopi

I purchased lingenfelters/pedders drag racing coilovers from camaro5 member Sickness91Z28. Great member! I can not say enough about this guy.

Direct bolt on and it took my shop 1 day to get all the work done. I have shown my stock setup vs the drag setup below
Attached Images

Old 11-20-2015, 03:43 PM   #19
djcolopi

Just got the car back from the shop 30lbs lighter.......carrera auto took out my rear seats with the seat bar and installed shraders performance rear seat delete kit. As of right now she is 116.8lbs under stock curb weight. I plan on going to a weigh station to get the current weight; full tank of gas, 1/2 tank of gas and a 1/4 tank of gas. I have been launching so far with just a 1/4 tank and 116.8lbs under curb weight and she hooks like crazy with my current setup.

I also had my shop paint some interior pieces to match the exterior and I purchased the shifter plate from camaro5 member orange10s.c.
Attached Images

Old 11-21-2015, 07:37 AM   #20
Black Knight

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Great build . Always glad to see another LS. Btw you can loose another 10 lbs by geting rid of the rear seat belts too . Plan on making my own rear seat delete this Monday. Did you have any issues fitting those 18s on their ?
Old 11-21-2015, 10:43 AM   #21
CurtiSSWatson

Drives: Black SS
What all is contributing to the weight loss besides the seat delete?

Nice build
CurtiSSWatson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2015, 11:18 AM   #22
djcolopi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtiSSWatson View Post
What all is contributing to the weight loss besides the seat delete?

Nice build
In response to some inquiries on where the weight loss is coming from i have decided to make a list.

Spare Tire w/wrench kit - 50 lbs
Rear Seats - 45 lbs
Rear Seat Belts - 3.6 lbs
Floor Mats (front Pair) - 4.8 lbs
Wind Shield Washer Reservoir - 12 lbs
Carbon Fiber Hood - 8 lbs
Factory Reproduction Style 41 ZL Wheels - 32 lbs (8 lbs lighter per wheel over 18" heritage wheels)
Splash Guards - 8 lbs
3" Stainless Steel Exhaust (Straight Piped) - Approximately 50 lbs

I also stripped the rear half of the car; however, I did not weight the 'trim' pieces before tossing them. Despite my weight reduction goals, weight has been added. Upgrading to the SS brembo setup added weight; v6 brakes with lines, pads, calipers, rotors weigh in at 124 lbs. The Front SS Brembo's with GM pads, and GM hose weigh 12.4 lbs, while the Rear Brembo's weigh 6.4 lbs with GM pads and hose which totals 37.6 lbs. The Stock SS rotors weigh 23.6 lbs and 24.4 lbs which totals 96 lbs for all four. So im looking at 134 lbs for the SS brembo setup and 124 lbs for the v6 setup, so I added approximately 10 lbs.

Cipher Harness Bar - 25 lbs

I do not have the weights for the following items;
OEM coilovers vs Lingenfelter Supercar Drag Coilovers
OEM lower control arms vs BMR lower control arms
OEM toe rods vs BMR toe rods
OEM trailing arms vs BMR trailing arms

Last edited by djcolopi; 09-26-2016 at 11:20 AM.
Old 12-11-2015, 07:14 PM   #23
djcolopi

I had carrera auto install my zl1 rear diffuser kit I purchased from Maureen at Rodgers Chevrolet. The next day they took off my stock exhaust and straight piped it from the cats to the tips, 3in all the way and they ended it with flowmasters duel quad exhaust tips. She sounds like a beast now, deep, crackly, and LOUD! I will post up videos this weekend.
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2016, 05:05 PM   #24
djcolopi

I was doing some research on the forum and I stumbled upon camaro5 member willoverkill and his 80mm throttle body for the LFX engine. Now my question is which would be more beneficial for a twin turbo setup; the vmax ported throttle body that is 72mm or the 80mm overkill throttle body? I am dropping my car off the first week in February and would like to have this installed at the same time. If anyone has any experience with this I would greatly appreciate your input.
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2016, 09:35 AM   #25
CurtiSSWatson

I have longtube headers, hi flo cats, and 3 inches straight piped to the rear and 5 inch tips. SS of course, RAUNCHY ROARY GLORY! lol. Loud, deep, and rough. Love it.

Was that rear seat delete something you couldn't do yourself? Im looking into buying that kit as well.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:33 AM   #26
djcolopi

Quote:
I have longtube headers, hi flo cats, and 3 inches straight piped to the rear and 5 inch tips. SS of course, RAUNCHY ROARY GLORY! lol. Loud, deep, and rough. Love it.

Was that rear seat delete something you couldn't do yourself? Im looking into buying that kit as well.

No, you can do the rear seat delete yourself. The only thing that caused any problems was actually taking the back seats out. It was a pain trying to get it out with the front seats in. I would recommend removing the passenger seat to save you the headache. The only other thing is you need to cut a metal tab that supported the seats otherwise the delete kit will not sit flat.
Old 01-08-2016, 03:41 PM   #27
CurtiSSWatson

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcolopi View Post
No, you can do the rear seat delete yourself. The only thing that caused any problems was actually taking the back seats out. It was a pain trying to get it out with the front seats in. I would recommend removing the passenger seat to save you the headache. The only other thing is you need to cut a metal tab that supported the seats otherwise the delete kit will not sit flat.
Thanks for the heads up man. What do you have in store next?
Old 01-08-2016, 05:24 PM   #28
djcolopi

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up man. What do you have in store next?
First thing tomorrow morning I have my emission inspection to take care of. I also purchased the interior door and dash trim painted inferno orange from RPI that I am currently waiting to get my hands on so I can install with my girlfriend. But the big project is the twin turbo build (GT30's) with controllable boost gauges; I have everything ready to get in the first week in February. I am also looking at purchasing the overkill 80mm throttle body now in place of the vmax ported throttle body.

Last edited by djcolopi; 11-23-2016 at 11:34 AM.