Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-15-2019, 11:27 PM   #43
lemontwist

Drives: 12 2SS/RS L99,11 2SS/RS LS3totaled
powerstop all 4 corners rotors and pads
443 shipped from rockauto
same set up jegs 435.96 free shipping
the one click brake kit with the z26 pads is 472.98 on jegs but if you get the same stuff separately it 435.96.
lemontwist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 09:25 AM   #44
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Drives: Drives a 2010 2SS/RS Camaro
Thanks guys ,appreciate you experience with those pads.Can the Powerstop pads be used with my OEM Rotors that came on the car or would I have to purchase the Power-stop rotors and pads as a kit.Just want to be sure,since the OEM Original Rotors(30,000k) on the care has very little wear on them.
Old 08-16-2019, 10:30 AM   #45
Spec
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS LS3
You can get just the pads on Amazon.
Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:40 AM   #46
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Thanks Bud,so you say I can purchase the Power stop Z26 Street Warrior pads that will fit the Brembo caliber system on my car.Will those on amazon be of the same quality,as if you purchased them fro ROCKAUTO.COM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
You can get just the pads on Amazon.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:08 AM   #47
Spec
Account Suspended

I have the Brembo calipers on mine. I recently swapped out my rotors and pads to Powerstop (again) and brakes are working great without noise, as mentioned. Dust isn't an issue... I don't let it accumulate as I wash and spray and wipe it down every weekend...

If you're talking about the stock Brembo's on our 10 SS, start at the link below... the below are the Extreme Z26 set. They're carbon fiber and ceramic. They're the same you buy at other retailers and distributors... as long as they're Powerstop;

https://www.amazon.com/Power-Z26-147...evrolet+Camaro

If you're going to keep your stock rotors, I recommend you get them turned with a good set of new brake pads. Get all the previous pad imperfections out of them... as long as you've still got meat on your rotors.

Note - whatever pad you go with... always make sure you get them with the 'skates' on them. Those round wheel looking things... they help prevent vibration and will reduce the risk of brake noise.
Old 08-17-2019, 11:30 AM   #48
Moto-Mojo
Fast Cars and Old Guitars

Drives: 2015 2SS RS (L99, baby!)
“Note - whatever pad you go with... always make sure you get them with the 'skates' on them. Those round wheel looking things... they help prevent vibration and will reduce the risk of brake noise.”

Unless you have MRR wheels. The TPMS valve stems hits them. (and wrecks the sensor) You have to grind a sides off. But if you have MRR wheels, you already knew that.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:51 PM   #49
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

I have OEM Rims that came on it,so the Power-stop pads shouldn't be a problem,correct? Or are the ant-vibration wheels bigger on the Power stop pads and will cause a problem hitting the TPMS valve stems.I assume when you say MRR wheels /rims your are referring to the wheels that came with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto-Mojo View Post
“Note - whatever pad you go with... always make sure you get them with the 'skates' on them. Those round wheel looking things... they help prevent vibration and will reduce the risk of brake noise.”

Unless you have MRR wheels. The TPMS valve stems hits them. (and wrecks the sensor) You have to grind a sides off. But if you have MRR wheels, you already knew that.
Old 08-23-2019, 08:37 PM   #50
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
I have OEM Rims that came on it,so the Power-stop pads shouldn't be a problem,correct? Or are the ant-vibration wheels bigger on the Power stop pads and will cause a problem hitting the TPMS valve stems.I assume when you say MRR wheels /rims your are referring to the wheels that came with it.

The 'skates' are the same size as the stock set. If you're wearing them now, you can wear them again with a Powerstop set.

Moto-Mojo's talking about a unique set of wheels/rims that don't allow the wheel set safe clearance from the pads.

They make skate and skateless pads for our cars. I tried skateless pads for a very short while and regretted it. Found out the hard way why we should avoid eliminating the skates...
Old 08-25-2019, 06:21 PM   #51
STINGER BEE
2010RS/SS RUMBLEBEE

Thanks Spec. much appreciated,clarifying my Question.I do have the skates on the front pads now that came with my car when I purchased it new.So you say the Powerstop Pads 10604454 has the skates on them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec View Post
The 'skates' are the same size as the stock set. If you're wearing them now, you can wear them again with a Powerstop set.

Moto-Mojo's talking about a unique set of wheels/rims that don't allow the wheel set safe clearance from the pads.

They make skate and skateless pads for our cars. I tried skateless pads for a very short while and regretted it. Found out the hard way why we should avoid eliminating the skates...
Old 08-26-2019, 10:27 AM   #52
Spec
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by STINGER BEE View Post
Thanks Spec. much appreciated,clarifying my Question.I do have the skates on the front pads now that came with my car when I purchased it new.So you say the Powerstop Pads 10604454 has the skates on them.
Not sure about the part number, but if you have doubts reach out to them direct for confirmation. Glad to help.