Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 05-13-2012, 11:23 PM   #43
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
So, I didn't want to permenately mount my light. I didn't want any holes left behind and wanted to be able to remove it easily.

I went out and found an iPhone holding stand ($3.50 + $3.00 shipping) that had a nice curve to it and was black. I then used a dremel tool to cut out a section. I lightly sanded the edges and also rounded off the ends. I then used a lighter to lightly melt the outside where I sanded it to give it a gloss look again.

This allowed me to jam it in between the A-pillar and the dash. I used some velcro (but you could use some double back 3M tape) to attach the clamp to the small bracket.

The nice thing about this is that since I only go to the track handfull of times a year I can pull the shift light and hide it behind the cover of the fuse box in the dash. I can then pull the bracket I made right out of the side of the dash and put it in my center console. Once I get to the track I can put it together in less than 5 minutes. Plus if I ever have to take it to the dealer for some reason then I can hide the shift light. I'm concerned they might say I'm abusing my car by drag racing it and try to void my warranty or something. This setup makes it super easy to just hide behind the panel whenever it goes in. There is no ratteling and it doesn't fall out. I've already tested it.
Attached Images

-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal

Last edited by caverman; 05-13-2012 at 11:41 PM.
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 11:33 PM   #44
caverman

Drives: '69 SS Convertible
During the installation I had to call Raptor for some questions. The guy walked me through several things that were not covered in the instructions (which absolutely SUCK!) and I thought I would pass them along.

First off I'll say that you should use the tan wire on Pin #20 of X2 as the OP mentions....not the Green wire the instructions say to use.

1. You can turn on/off the display by pushing the button to the left of the display once.

2. The first menu is for launching RPM; second menu is for the +/- window for the launch mode...ex: set it to 2 for a 200 RPM window (in my case I set the launch to 2.8 or 2,800 and the window to 1 which means it comes into play at 2,700 and goes over at 2,900); third menu is for the number of cylinders and it should be set to 1 because they read off one coil; fourth is the shifting RPM.

3. The RPM as set as everything to the left of the dot is 1,000s and everything to the right is 100s. So 2.8 is 2,800 and 6.0 is 6,000.

4. They recommend on the 5th Gen Camaro to set the shifter to sensitive mode. You do that by turing off your car (open/close your door to make sure to kill the curtosy power). Then while holding both buttons down for 2 seconds turn on your car. If the display shows "2" then the sensitive mode is on. If it shows "1" it is off.
-2010 Camaro 2SS | M6 | VR w/White Stripes | 1 3/4" KOOKS - 3" Magnaflow | LPE 3.91 gears | ADM tuned | Halltech w/ADM Scoop | Spohn/BMR Trailing Arm/Toe Rod | BC Coilovers| Pedders FE4 ZL1 swaybars | Cradle/Diff/Radius Rod bushings | VMax TB | Morimoto Projectors | MGW shifter | Red Calipers
Build Journal
caverman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #45
raptor
Raptor Performance

Drives: 1998 Z28
I know this is an old post but wanted to clear up a few things.

***Pin #20 is a fuel injector wire and should not be used.***
(It MAY cause intermittent flashing due to the fuel injector erratic signal. )

The tried and true method is to use any coil signal (we recommend pin #75 on the X2 (gray connector) for the rpm signal). This is a dark green wire in this position.

We also recommend pin #71 on the X1 Connector (black connector) for the Vehicle Speed Signal (Vss). This is a gray wire with black stripe.

The dual mode has the ability to set for high sensitivity sensing since the signal is weak from the PCM.

The single mode has to be programmed before shipping for high sensitivity mode since there are no buttons to change it once a customer gets it.

PCM located on passenger side in engine bay.

"X1" (black) is toward the front of the vehicle on the PCM.
"X2" (gray) is toward the rear of the vehicle on the PCM.
You can only see the colors (blk and gray) once the connectors are disconnected.

Not trying to spam, just wanted to get the correct info out there.
Our website has pictures and detailed info for reference.
raptor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2014, 07:18 AM   #46
Blue70SS

Drives: 10 LS3 2SSRS IOM,21 ZLE Wild Cherry
Quote:
Originally Posted by raptor View Post
I know this is an old post but wanted to clear up a few things.

***Pin #20 is a fuel injector wire and should not be used.***
(It MAY cause intermittent flashing due to the fuel injector erratic signal. )

The tried and true method is to use any coil signal (we recommend pin #75 on the X2 (gray connector) for the rpm signal). This is a dark green wire in this position.

We also recommend pin #71 on the X1 Connector (black connector) for the Vehicle Speed Signal (Vss). This is a gray wire with black stripe.

The dual mode has the ability to set for high sensitivity sensing since the signal is weak from the PCM.

The single mode has to be programmed before shipping for high sensitivity mode since there are no buttons to change it once a customer gets it.

PCM located on passenger side in engine bay.

"X1" (black) is toward the front of the vehicle on the PCM.
"X2" (gray) is toward the rear of the vehicle on the PCM.
You can only see the colors (blk and gray) once the connectors are disconnected.

Not trying to spam, just wanted to get the correct info out there.
Our website has pictures and detailed info for reference.
Thanks for the update!
Squash twins,GT9,Coil Covers,Mats,Pedals/ADM Gauges,Race Scoop/Trunions
DDS CVs,Carbon F DS/RPM L6/LPE 9.5 3.73/Pedders HD bushes,align kit
RB 2-piece rotors,S/S Lines,Hawk HPE Pads/Forgeline SP3P/Weld RTS
Ceramic ARH 2" LT/3" X-pipe,Corsa Touring/BMR TA,Toe,LCA,DS Loop
StreetSlayer BC3/MTI Shifter-Trans mt/Hotchkis CB/Monster CC/SJM LineLock
PFADT Coil Overs,Sways,Links,Mounts,SF Bushes,Camber Kit

LPE Brotherhood
Blue70SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 03:53 PM   #47
CammedDusk

Drives: 2013 Camaro Dusk 2SS RS
Can someone confirm the wire color if I wanted to hook it up at the coil? which color wire and which injector? Thanks brothers
Cat delete
some suspension stuff
Debadged
458/438 SAE
4:11 gears
lowered with BMR springs
CammedDusk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2019, 08:48 AM   #48
@ReaperZL1

Drives: 2013 camaro zl1 aka the Reaper
anyone have a aeroforce dual vent gauge with the raptor light mounted to it? trying to figure out spacing for the cage before I pull the trigger
@ReaperZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote