Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-21-2022, 08:38 PM   #43
Mr_Draco

Drives: 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummitWhite11 View Post
I did a search via google and trying to find the correct part numbers for left and right strips. Will the clips come with the strips or is this a separate part number? I’m going to go ahead and replace everything with new parts minus the paint. Any help is appreciated.
There isn't a left and right. There is just one part number and it is for both sides. I've already posted the part number but here it is again. GM 92225861. That is just for one strip so you will have to order two of them.

For the little fasteners, your best bet for those will be to try a dealer and see if they can get those. Can't find that part number anywhere.
Mr_Draco is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 09:41 PM   #44
Aqua Blue RS/SS

Drives: ABM #93
I wonder if you couldn’t use a dab of panel bonding adhesive to attach it at the broken clip. It’s pretty stout stuff.
ABM #2399 2SS/RS:SOLD
ABM #93 2SS/RS Black Rally stripes, Titanium Interior 4,000 miles: GM GFX side skirts and diffuser waiting on paint, GM dovetail, GM heritage, RPI ZL1 style splitter.
‘87 IROC-Z Iroc blue. all original unmolested with 50K miles.
Aqua Blue RS/SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2022, 10:22 PM   #45
Camaro2ss2010

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SSRS M6
Clip part number is 22757072
ECS supercharger, custom ground cam, ported throttle body, long tube headers, aeromotive fuel pump, fic injectors, ATI super damper, Corsa Extreme exhaust, elite engineering catch can and many other things.
Camaro2ss2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:56 PM   #46
SummitWhite11

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
There isn't a left and right. There is just one part number and it is for both sides. I've already posted the part number but here it is again. GM 92225861. That is just for one strip so you will have to order two of them.

Yes I am aware of that and thanks for posting the part number again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aqua Blue RS/SS View Post
I wonder if you couldn’t use a dab of panel bonding adhesive to attach it at the broken clip. It’s pretty stout stuff.

I rather do it right to be honest. The new clips made of metal seems to be the way to go in my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post

Thanks!

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
SummitWhite11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2022, 07:34 PM   #47
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Draco View Post
They use to be manufactured as 3 different pieces (the middle and the two ends) and the ends are glued on after manufacturing. The glue would eventually fail causing the ends to come off as you've seen.

Just received my new strips today and they look exactly like the old ones I have with the ends you have described.
Top strip is the new strip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZL1 Appearance package, Flow Master American Thunder Cat Back Exhaust w/ QUAD TIPS, K&N Typhoon CAI, Ported VMAX TB, OEM GM Brembo Brakes Package w/ Hawks Carbon Ceramic Pads, Night Owl Halo Kit (WIFI), FRONT/REAR Carbon Fiber Wrapped Bowties, Rear Oracle Blue LED Bowtie, Oracle Ghosted Painted Side LED Markers, Silver Side Faded Gills, OEM Satin Camaro Fuel Door, OEM Strut Tower Brace, Detroit Speed Engineering 1.5" Lowering Springs, Koni Orange STR.T Struts, Z28 rear LCA's, Black Magic rear 32" sway bar, 1LE front sway bar w/ DSE end links. Evil Energy Catch Can.
Old 12-02-2022, 07:35 PM   #48
SummitWhite11

Old 12-02-2022, 07:38 PM   #49
SummitWhite11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro2ss2010 View Post

Received the clips today as well. They look small compared to the old plastic clips. Should do the job though.