Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-24-2022, 02:58 PM   #15
tumbleweed1002

Drives: chevy camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013ZL1FUN View Post
You would still be dealing with unknown electrical problems, so I don't know if a buy back or a move forward is a good idea
Just had to replace right hub and speed sensor all fault codes gone and drives great just looks bad I may just replace the hood and deal with the smaller dings a little at a time.
tumbleweed1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 03:53 PM   #16
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
A good paintless guy can work wonders...just make sure you get one that attended a class or school to learn the trade. not somebody who is self taught. the only drawback to it is, it is possible for the paint to crack where the dent is. not likely, but can happen. a good guy should warn you of that. I have a good one local that has done some amazing repairs so they are around.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:10 PM   #17
tumbleweed1002

Drives: chevy camaro ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SaReNi View Post
A good paintless guy can work wonders...just make sure you get one that attended a class or school to learn the trade. not somebody who is self taught. the only drawback to it is, it is possible for the paint to crack where the dent is. not likely, but can happen. a good guy should warn you of that. I have a good one local that has done some amazing repairs so they are around.
I'll have to find someone locally but other than the hood the rest are light and shallow you have to really look down the panel to see them but like the rest of you all on here with OCD I know their there and it bothers me.
tumbleweed1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 12:34 PM   #18
SaReNi

Drives: 2012 SS
Light and shallow is good, even better for the paintless guy. costs less to do, less time and less chance of cracking in the paint.
Old 11-25-2022, 01:44 PM   #19
NOT A 45

Drives: 13 CAMARO 2SS LS3-04 SILVERADO LS3
Last year we had about 20 cars on our sales lot damaged by hail. Our PDR guy worked on them for almost a month but he fixed every one of them and they were perfect! After witnessing his work I let him fix a couple spots on my car. I can't say enough for paintless dent repair. In Maryland were required to use water based paint, and I don't care what they say it doesn't age the same as the factory paint.
NOT A 45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 11:44 PM   #20
Rob99
I’m Magik a physco dog

Drives: '15 1LT/RS & '23 3LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed1002 View Post
I'll have to find someone locally but other than the hood the rest are light and shallow you have to really look down the panel to see them but like the rest of you all on here with OCD I know their there and it bothers me.
^^^
And that there is is a profound statement, for me i see some swirl marks on mine when the sun hits it a certain way and i'm all in a knot
Hoping it works out for you.
2015 1LT Ashen Grey
2016 1LT Blue Velvet
My entire life has been 'A Midlife Crisis'

Rob99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:08 AM   #21
b3freak
Long Live Chevy Camaro!

Drives: 2014 Camaro LT2/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tumbleweed1002 View Post
So back on the 3rd of Oct I hit a deer, right front damage had it towed to body shop {national chain) get car back on the 10th of Nov notice all the lights still on the dash manager says its prob the tires (same size for the last 4yrs no lights) so he says he will send it to dealer. the next day a hail storm rolles through and they leave the car out in it (its now beat to shit) so now I don't know what to do I'm just sick of it all.
This is a tough pill to swallow and I've experienced this kind of thing first hand. Technically, the hail damage is not the fault of the dealership nor the body shop. Unless there is something unique with you state insurance laws, "Acts of God" (i.e. storm related damage) are not considered liability. Therefore, your insurance will have to pay for the hail damage. This usually falls under the same comprehension coverage like the damage from deer. Sucks, I know.

Unless the repair estimate exceeds 2/3 the value of car, both repairs will be handled by your insurance. Do you have pictures you could share?

Good luck!
2010 Camaro LT1/RS
Present:
2014 Camaro LT2/RS
b3freak is offline   Reply With Quote