Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-28-2022, 05:11 PM   #15
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
I think the technician plugs into the OBD port regardless of what work is going to be performed.

Which is a good idea.

I can think of worse things than having your seat moved, like grease on the steering wheel or cigarette smell in the upholstery.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 10:45 AM   #16
The Flash

Drives: Firebird 95, Equinox 05, Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock-It Man View Post
I think the technician plugs into the OBD port regardless of what work is going to be performed.

Which is a good idea.

I can think of worse things than having your seat moved, like grease on the steering wheel or cigarette smell in the upholstery.
@Rock-ItMan, I've not been THAT unlucky so far.

Once I did got scuff marks in the glovebox and in the section directly above it.

Not easy to take out given the patterned material of those areas, but I managed to rectify that gaffe.

But grease stains or cigarette smell or residue/burns is something for which I would take any shop to a minor claims court.

Much to my surprise, not all shops resort immediately to the scanner tool when checking out your car.

My dealership does so, and another two shops I use follow that rule as a routine, but not everyone does.

Old 11-29-2022, 01:06 PM   #17
102SS
waiting at the tree

Drives: SIM 2010 2SS/RS A6
I know what the OP means/feels

You get the seat adjusted to the perfect position and the mirrors are set just right and the oil change guy messes everything up.

At least they don't mess with the radio presets
102SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2022, 04:35 PM   #18
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Flash View Post
@Rock-ItMan, I've not been THAT unlucky so far.

Once I did got scuff marks in the glovebox and in the section directly above it.

Not easy to take out given the patterned material of those areas, but I managed to rectify that gaffe.

But grease stains or cigarette smell or residue/burns is something for which I would take any shop to a minor claims court.

Much to my surprise, not all shops resort immediately to the scanner tool when checking out your car.

My dealership does so, and another two shops I use follow that rule as a routine, but not everyone does.

When your dealer's tech plugs in to the OBD, they get all sorts of useful information, like which oil filter to use and how much oil to put in.

So I would never complain about that!
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 08:38 AM   #19
b3freak
Long Live Chevy Camaro!

Drives: 2014 Camaro LT2/RS
Dude, of all the things in this world to worry over, this is at the bottom of the list. The time it will take you to remove the fuse will be about the same or more than readjusting the seat. Just be thankful you haven't dealt with someone taking your car out for a joy ride and damaging it, then acting like they don't know where the dent came from. Get my drift? I'm a tall guy and after my daughters borrow the car, I can't even get into it. It would be nice not to have to readjust it, but I'm thankful that I get to share the car with my children.

My advice...

Just freakin' enjoy the car for what it is. A little inconvenience is worth the privilege of owning one of these great cars. And, if it bothers you so much, trade your Gen5 in for a Gen6 with memory seats.
2010 Camaro LT1/RS
Present:
2014 Camaro LT2/RS
b3freak is offline   Reply With Quote