Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-19-2012, 08:52 PM   #15
Saint Alban

Drives: '14 Black 2SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
I wired mine all to the control box and then had interrupt switches placed so I can turn on whatever lights I want to. Ie just the halos or just the fogs. The light on switch is on when they are on and off when turned off. Same setup for my grill lights and fender lights work ausome
Sounds like a lot of switches, where'd you mount all that?
Saint Alban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 09:05 PM   #16
Saint Alban

Wired without the control box:
Name:  Wiring2.jpg
Views: 3111
Size:  38.2 KB
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 PM   #17
ttexxan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
That was easy and is Fantastic one of the best mods yet...Photos does not due it justice and the functionality is better than anything I have used. While my arm is resting on the armrest can switch off and on with ease. I had them all custom label with the purge switch right in the middle
You can configure switches any way you like. I chose four off and on switches that will light up so I know when lights are on. The the purge is a rocker switch.

ttexxan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 02:15 AM   #18
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Really nice writeup!

Love seeing these out there for the folks to understand just how easy it can be to do these things on their own.

Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 05:23 AM   #19
Saint Alban

Thanks Ivan.
Old 02-20-2012, 04:31 PM   #20
JeffyS94

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT cyber grey metallic
Thanks so much, Alban! That's really gonna help my wiring! That explains so much more to me!
JeffyS94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #21
Saint Alban

No problem. Good luck with the install. Let me know if you need anymore help.
Old 11-30-2012, 02:29 PM   #22
juicyjay271

Drives: 2011 camaro 2ss/rs
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttexxan View Post
That was easy and is Fantastic one of the best mods yet...Photos does not due it justice and the functionality is better than anything I have used. While my arm is resting on the armrest can switch off and on with ease. I had them all custom label with the purge switch right in the middle
You can configure switches any way you like. I chose four off and on switches that will light up so I know when lights are on. The the purge is a rocker switch.

Where did you get that cupholder pannel. Please message me the link
juicyjay271 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2012, 09:46 PM   #23
MGD

Drives: 16 Camaro SS
If you look closly... you can see the name of the site.
Just in case here is the link
http://www.emblempros.com/inc/sdetail/3436/2842
Old 08-07-2014, 06:16 PM   #24
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Drives: 2016 Camaro SS Convertible
Location: Mid-NJ.....13 Year Army Paratrooper. Death from Above!!!
Send a message via AIM to skysharker1 Send a message via Yahoo to skysharker1

Ok......I wired my dual color (orange/white) halos as illustrated above. They work fine...no issues. I want to add a small orange LED so that when the orange halos are on, the LED is on. I spliced the + wire of the LED to the orange halo wire and the - wire of the LED to the ground. What's happening is that when the toggle is in the off position (center), the LED is lit, as well as being lit when the orange halos are on; but the LED is off when the white halos are on.

Any suggestions??

Last edited by skysharker1; 08-07-2014 at 06:18 PM. Reason: Add picture
skysharker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2014, 08:08 PM   #25
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post

Ok......I wired my dual color (orange/white) halos as illustrated above. They work fine...no issues. I want to add a small orange LED so that when the orange halos are on, the LED is on. I spliced the + wire of the LED to the orange halo wire and the - wire of the LED to the ground. What's happening is that when the toggle is in the off position (center), the LED is lit, as well as being lit when the orange halos are on; but the LED is off when the white halos are on.

Any suggestions??
Not sure what the specifics are of the switch you are using, but if you notice on the diagram the halos are getting constant power (+) and the switch controls the ground (-). So since you spliced the + wire for the LED to the halo power wire and the - wire for the LED to ground, I'm surprised the LED turns off at all. I would expect it to just be on all the time.

Using the previous diagram and pretending red is orange, wire it like this
Old 08-07-2014, 08:36 PM   #26
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

Understood...that sounds and looks like that's the way it should've been; I will change it up tomorrow.

I actually spliced the + LED wire to the ground for the orange halos as shown below.

Old 08-07-2014, 08:53 PM   #27
Saint Alban

Quote:
Originally Posted by skysharker1 View Post
Understood...that sounds and looks like that's the way it should've been; I will change it up tomorrow.

I actually spliced the + LED wire to the ground for the orange halos as shown below.

If you really wired it that way, you're completely bypassing the switch and the LED will be on all the time as well as your halos. This shows the path of power.
Your orange halos will be on all the time. Even when your hit the switch, your other color will come on along with the orange.
Old 08-07-2014, 09:04 PM   #28
skysharker1
Airborne Paratroopers!!!

The halos work the way they should...I wired them according to your schematic. Orange when the switch is one way and white when I go the other way. The switch I have is an ON-OFF-ON switch. The LED is what I wired wrong. I wired it the way you see above...so the LED was lit when the switch was in the center OFF position and when the orange halos were on. I will be changing it tomorrow to the way you suggested.....I now realize my error.