Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-07-2020, 10:47 PM   #57
byrds8

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS, L99
Well at least now I know I will not have to replace my plug wires. Glad too being I put them on shortly after I got the car last year lol. How hard is it to change your plugs now with the headers?
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
byrds8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2020, 11:26 PM   #58
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
It's not hard to change your plugs. I bought the $20 plug wire socks which i think is a good investment.
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:48 PM   #59
Guinness2

Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Speed engineering all the way. They are the best bang for the buck and they fit really well. I have ZERO clearance problems and have had them on my car for over 100k now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 03:51 PM   #60
Guinness2

Drives: 14 Camaro 1SS RS 1LE Summit White
Need Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by byrds8 View Post
Well at least now I know I will not have to replace my plug wires. Glad too being I put them on shortly after I got the car last year lol. How hard is it to change your plugs now with the headers?

Do the socks but also do yourself a favor and get a set of MSD’s. They are cheap and the plug end will allow you to bend them slightly to keep them off the headers.

Guinness2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #61
byrds8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinness2 View Post
Speed engineering all the way. They are the best bang for the buck and they fit really well. I have ZERO clearance problems and have had them on my car for over 100k now.

Look nice. They coated?

I probably will get the socks but I dont think Ill change them. The ones on the car have been there less than 20K miles.
2013 Camaro SS/RS, Stainless Power long tube headers with HF's, Air Raid CAI, Solo Mach XL cat back, BC Racing coil overs, Elite Engineering catch can, Ferrada Forge 8 Wheels, Windows tinted at 20%, Tuned by Dyno Steve.
Old 02-09-2020, 08:25 PM   #62
Black 6.2L SS

Drives: 2014 1SS/RS, LS3, NPP
OP where are you in Florida?

Call 360 Customs in Brandon. I think you will be pleased with their installation pricing. They are a great group of guys and specialize in modding Camaros, Vettes, and Cadillacs....some mean stuff rolls out of there. They also have an in-house dyno to tune. I’ve been stopping by myself talking to them about my SS. They’ve been open a long time.
Black 6.2L SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 10:01 PM   #63
byrds8

Not sure where they are. Don’t think they are near Pensacola though. I found a couple of regular shops that said 350 to 400
Old 02-13-2020, 06:27 AM   #64
byrds8

Pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered ceramic coated Stainless Power headers from Jannetty Racing. They should arrive on Saturday and are scheduled to be installed on Monday. Ted has already sent the new tunes. So as soon as the install is complete all I have to do is load the tune and away I go. I appreciate everyone's advise and help. I feel like a kid waiting for X-mas right now.
Old 02-13-2020, 06:36 AM   #65
Greenhornet2

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS LS3 Whipple
Awesome, you'll love it!
Whipple 2.9 CAI ID1050x injectors ZL1 Pump JRE FPCM JMS Voltage booster JRE Rough Idle blower cam BTR .660 springs CHE trunnion kit 1 7/8 Speed Engineering Borla Atak JRE scoop 1.5" lowering springs BMR trailing arms and toe links Cradle inserts 704WHP 603WTQ 93 octane
Greenhornet2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 09:07 AM   #66
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Pulled the trigger yesterday and ordered ceramic coated Stainless Power headers from Jannetty Racing. They should arrive on Saturday and are scheduled to be installed on Monday. Ted has already sent the new tunes. So as soon as the install is complete all I have to do is load the tune and away I go. I appreciate everyone's advise and help. I feel like a kid waiting for X-mas right now.
Congrats!! Good luck and enjoy! If you're installing them yourself and want some pointers feel free to ask away. Many of us have done the install and there's some things that the instructions don't remind you about that are very handy to know when doing the install.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 11:03 AM   #67
byrds8

Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Congrats!! Good luck and enjoy! If you're installing them yourself and want some pointers feel free to ask away. Many of us have done the install and there's some things that the instructions don't remind you about that are very handy to know when doing the install.
Appreciate it. Im gonna have a shop do it. I do good to still crawl under the car to change the oil these days. I replaced my midsection of pipes once a while back and thought my shoulders and back were gonna kill me lol. Even though I really dont want the weekend to blow by I still cant wait for Monday. lol
Old 02-13-2020, 04:24 PM   #68
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pyroguy View Post
Wow, you guys are being pretty brutal to byrds8 on his decision for Stainless Power headers. The guy wants long tubes with high flow cats and the best ones that aren't too bad of budget breakers are Stainless Power, Texas Speed, and OBX. I haven't heard many people buying OBX lately, but Texas Speed and Stainless Power rule the middle priced header range and are great options for a one stop shop for long tube headers with high flow cats. Speed Engineering headers are about $400 after the other BS to add on, but ultimately do not come with high flow cats no matter the configuration from Speed Engineering.

byrds8 get the headers you want and to hell with the haters. As I've always said, until someone starts paying for my build, they don't get the input on how I do it. If Ted doesn't sell Texas Speed headers (which I don't think anyone outside of TSP does) and if he doesn't sell Speed Engineering headers then it will end up costing you the difference in an additional tune. Stainless Power headers are good quality as they're made by Stainless Works, just in China. I think you'll be happy you did. Besides, if for some reason you have an issue, they have a 2 year warranty vs. "too bad so sad" if your Speed Engineering ones don't work right. That's part of why SE headers are so inexpensive.
^^^^ Very well said sir!! That's what I was trying to say as well..I love my SP's.. And they still look great after 8 years !!
Old 02-13-2020, 04:39 PM   #69
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
Very nice man! You'll love it!

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 08:56 PM   #70
judkins75
Silver Shark

Drives: 2014 2SS GM Npp 6 speed manual
Quote:
Enjoy your new found power with the headers and the nice sound that comes with them. Heads turn every time i start my ride after the header and hfc install..Ceramic coated is the way to go