Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-11-2010, 08:02 PM   #15
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Just to interject, anyone know by how many 10s of thousands of units the Impala outsells the Taurus by?

Fen? Be useful here.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:27 PM   #16
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Just to interject, anyone know by how many 10s of thousands of units the Impala outsells the Taurus by?

Fen? Be useful here.
Hmmmmm...let's see.

Chevrolet Impala, April 2010: 16,144 units sold
Ford Taurus, April 2010: 6,166 units sold

Chevrolet Impala, YTD: 54,417 units sold
Ford Taurus, YTD: 23,294 units sold
Old 05-12-2010, 12:26 AM   #17
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
Hmmmmm...let's see.

Chevrolet Impala, April 2010: 16,144 units sold
Ford Taurus, April 2010: 6,166 units sold

Chevrolet Impala, YTD: 54,417 units sold
Ford Taurus, YTD: 23,294 units sold
Its too bad retail vs fleet stats aren't as easy to come by ... speaking of fleet sales, the Impala should see a boost to once the Crown Vic dies off.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 06:17 PM   #18
chevydude26

Drives: Future 2011 camaro convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by DGthe3 View Post
Why? Ford placed the Taurus along side entry lux cars. Buick didn't lower themselves. And Mercury doesn't really compete with anything anymore. Its probably going to be killed off soon.

I've heard conflicting reports about the future of the Impala. Some say it will stay fwd and be updated in several years. However, there are also reports of a large RWD sedan comming to Chevrolet showrooms in the near future. Possibly Impala, possibly Caprice.
I probably should have said Lexus...since the lexus was supposed to be Japan's buick...and now the Buick has surpassed the Lexus in its class...

the caprice isn't enough...and well i guess the sales numbers kind of shut me up...however the taurus just came out and the fleet numbers may skew things

that being said the lacrosse is a beautiful car and i would prefer it over the taurus

oh and that caprice police car is ugly
Old 05-13-2010, 07:58 PM   #19
Muscle Master
SS Lightning

Drives: An SRT8
The current gen Impala is a joke ... even though I like it ... alot !!! that 3.9 pushrod is a best

I don't see any reason to kill the name considering that the Impala moniker is old than the Camaro

Quote:
The first rule of modding something that's not American is to not try to compete with modded V8 cars that are American. Really, they can run insane power with little investment. It's not even a fair fight.
Camaro 2SS RS, IBM, White Rally Stripes, custom fuel door: Status: going to the dealer: soon
Muscle Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #20
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
In all honesty, it actually still is a decent car, just outdated in many ways. Owners can't say enough good things about them. I may pick up a used '09 model sometime in the near future.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:45 PM   #21
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
In all honesty, it actually still is a decent car, just outdated in many ways. Owners can't say enough good things about them. I may pick up a used '09 model sometime in the near future.
It's one of those "old but still good" vehicles. I can't really compare it to anything nowadays because we throw everything away....but that "thing" that has been rendered obsolete...but still works...and does its job WELL....that's the Impala.

My parents remarked to me that the Impala seems to be the only "normal" looking sedan out there, anymore...and guess what they bought just last year?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM   #22
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Impala is a solid car and a great value. That's why it still sells so well.

Yes, I know, pushrod engine, 4 speed transmission, dated interior. But the funny thing is every clinic I see the results of loves the simple radio and HVAC controls which the Impala has.

And if you get a chance to drive both back to back, and I mean on a closed course (which I've done) you will be shocked and amazed how much better the old W-car is than the Taurus.

Taurus has a lot of features and technology for sure, but you'll pay for it and not get a car that drives much different than the Impala.

Value still has weight in the new car market.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #23
2010 SSRS

Drives: 3 V8 Camaros
Supercharger
Old 05-14-2010, 12:59 AM   #24
TheCaptain
N7 Spectre

Drives: 14 ATS Performance 3.6L AWD
Send a message via MSN to TheCaptain
Quote:
The next-gen Impala on Premium Epsilon-II (Cadillac XTS's platform) is due in either 2013 or 2014, I don't remember.

Old 05-14-2010, 01:21 AM   #25
Rallysport
Go Cardinals!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 6-speed #1879
The current Impala is in a stage of life where it's value to customers is key, as well as cost of production pertaining to its value level. Good car, good quality, good value especially when up against the Taurus. Sure, Taurus is a high-tech gadget smart-phone compared to the flip-phone Impala. However, some folks appreciate alot of car for not alot of money, because they really do not need the gee-whiz factor. Kinda reminds me of the old days...when the Chevy Impala was the bread and butter car of the USA. Nothing wrong with that...and we know the tried and true Impala isn't going to unintentionally accelerate into a bridge pillar on the interstate and kill people...right, toyota?
Old 05-14-2010, 04:09 PM   #26
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Also, last I checked the Impala was GM's best selling car though the Malibu isn't too far behind anymore
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote