Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Past Camaro Fests > 2011 Camaro5 Fest (II)

Closed Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #281
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
was there a competition between Pedders, Pfadt, and someone else on track time?
My answer would be no. Pedders was the host and working the event from Thursday through close on Saturday. I was supposed to make a couple of runs in Dan Howard's car as were Rob and Mike Haddad. We were so busy they never happened. I never made a run in a Camaro. The runs I made were all in a rental Impala with guests. Rob made only one run without passengers in his rental V6. Mike Haddad did make one pass in Dan Horward's Camaro after the event was over. It was his first run in the car and he clocked off a respectable 52. We were short staffed all weekend and my guys worked their collective axxes off. Saturday Rob was so dehydrated from three days in the AZ heat he almost passed out. Our focus was on the event which left us little time for a competition.

That aside, Danny is a real shoe. He is frequently the best driver in SCCA national events so our chances of beating him would have been slim. Danny drove well and I tip our hat to him. He was hands down the fastest driver at the event. Conrad and Eric were right behind Danny and deserve a lot of credit. They are excellent drivers.

Danny, Conrad and Eric

John Hotchkis was a real gentleman and help. He picked up the announcing duties on Saturday. Thank you very much John. His driver Aaron ran great all weekend and had a tough break on the shootout out lap. He drove great and deserves a big

Our focus was to provide a great experience for the Camaro5 community. If we did that, the event was a success.
Old 04-20-2011, 02:36 PM   #282
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
I rode in a lot of people's cars that were first time drivers.

The result was always the same - THIS IS A BLAST! Can I go again? LOL

I think we turned a lot of people onto a very addicting sport you can do with almost any vehicle.

I was grateful for the opportunity and the chance to be there.
Where I finished became un-important.
What was important was that I met a lot of really great people with one thing in Common - making sure everyone was having a great time.

I KNOW we accomplished that.. I could see it in everyone's enthusiasm when they finished.
Old 04-20-2011, 03:20 PM   #283
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLSTWIN View Post
was there a competition between Pedders, Pfadt, and someone else on track time?
As noted, there was nothing pre-meditated about this competition. We knew that we could compete with the best of them, when all different suspension manufactures had cars equipped in the competition. We are very delighted to come out on top again this year, because when there is competition like Conrad with his insanely light Hankook Drift Camaro, and Dan's Lingenfelter/Pedders monster build, and Hotchkis with another great build, you have to be dialed-in to even show up against those guys. This is why the last minute car tweaks are mandatory.

We use our development car to show what is capable of our products on the street and in competition. Autocross is much more of an equalizer in terms of HP so it is appropriate that it is a competition to showcase suspension. This is why we target these types of events to give the end user proof that what they purchase for their street car is relevant to competition.

Hope to be back next year with the same results!

Old 04-20-2011, 03:21 PM   #284
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
My answer would be no. Pedders was the host and working the event from Thursday through close on Saturday. I was supposed to make a couple of runs in Dan Howard's car as were Rob and Mike Haddad. We were so busy they never happened. I never made a run in a Camaro. The runs I made were all in a rental Impala with guests. Rob made only one run without passengers in his rental V6. Mike Haddad did make one pass in Dan Horward's Camaro after the event was over. It was his first run in the car and he clocked off a respectable 52. We were short staffed all weekend and my guys worked their collective axxes off. Saturday Rob was so dehydrated from three days in the AZ heat he almost passed out. Our focus was on the event which left us little time for a competition.

That aside, Danny is a real shoe. He is frequently the best driver in SCCA national events so our chances of beating him would have been slim. Danny drove well and I tip our hat to him. He was hands down the fastest driver at the event. Conrad and Eric were right behind Danny and deserve a lot of credit. They are excellent drivers.

Danny, Conrad and Eric

John Hotchkis was a real gentleman and help. He picked up the announcing duties on Saturday. Thank you very much John. His driver Aaron ran great all weekend and had a tough break on the shootout out lap. He drove great and deserves a big

Our focus was to provide a great experience for the Camaro5 community. If we did that, the event was a success.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 600hp-lpe View Post
I rode in a lot of people's cars that were first time drivers.

The result was always the same - THIS IS A BLAST! Can I go again? LOL

I think we turned a lot of people onto a very addicting sport you can do with almost any vehicle.

I was grateful for the opportunity and the chance to be there.
Where I finished became un-important.
What was important was that I met a lot of really great people with one thing in Common - making sure everyone was having a great time.

I KNOW we accomplished that.. I could see it in everyone's enthusiasm when they finished.
ya, as I stated in another area.....track time is addictive.... mine started on two wheel and has crossed over to involve 4 now. I am still building my track bike, but love running my camaro
Old 04-20-2011, 03:28 PM   #285
TLSTWIN
Romans10:9-13

Drives: /\yes, this is me/\
Quote:
Originally Posted by PfadtRacing View Post
As noted, there was nothing pre-meditated about this competition. We knew that we could compete with the best of them, when all different suspension manufactures had cars equipped in the competition. We are very delighted to come out on top again this year, because when there is competition like Conrad with his insanely light Hankook Drift Camaro, and Dan's Lingenfelter/Pedders monster build, and Hotchkis with another great build, you have to be dialed-in to even show up against those guys. This is why the last minute car tweaks are mandatory.

We use our development car to show what is capable of our products on the street and in competition. Autocross is much more of an equalizer in terms of HP so it is appropriate that it is a competition to showcase suspension. This is why we target these types of events to give the end user proof that what they purchase for their street car is relevant to competition.

Hope to be back next year with the same results!

Congratulations... I would love for Pedders, Pfadt, & Hotchkis to come to my track day, but don't want it to be a competition, but more of an informal "here is how you drive, this product would help here".... like some people like oversteer, some like understeer, some a neutral..... etc....

But I know it isn't a big forum to justify the expense of you guys coming and being there and running your vehicles
Old 04-20-2011, 04:20 PM   #286
PfadtRacing

More pics

Old 04-20-2011, 04:36 PM   #287
PfadtRacing

and yet more pics

BIG THANKS to STEPHEN and KEVIN of MTI for making the trip and letting us use these pics they took over the weekend.

Last edited by PfadtRacing; 04-28-2011 at 10:30 AM.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:05 PM   #288
h-towncamaro
H-TownCamaroClub.com

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Victory Red
Pics from Ann

Name:  SAM_0361.jpg
Views: 260
Size:  92.6 KB
Name:  SAM_0362.jpg
Views: 253
Size:  104.2 KB
Name:  SAM_0364.jpg
Views: 255
Size:  114.5 KB
Name:  SAM_0366.jpg
Views: 256
Size:  117.3 KB
Name:  SAM_0367.jpg
Views: 339
Size:  116.3 KB
Attached Images

Old 04-20-2011, 05:07 PM   #289
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
Great pics everyone, keep em coming
Old 04-20-2011, 05:13 PM   #290
JusticePete

Anne,

You were invaluable. I don't know how we would have made it through Saturday without you. Invaluable.

Signing your car was an honor. It is humbling. Thank you for your support at the AC and more.

Thank you very much!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:16 PM   #291
Rob@WretchedMS

Drives: His Wife Crazy
+1 Anne and Mike Mejer, both did great jobs with the staging lanes for the cars, saved my ass from running back and forth all day, lol
Old 04-20-2011, 05:20 PM   #292
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob@WretchedMS View Post
+1 Anne and Mike Mejer, both did great jobs with the staging lanes for the cars, saved my ass from running back and forth all day, lol
I know we are missing names and thank you's. We appreciate the help we received from EVERYONE!
Old 04-20-2011, 05:30 PM   #293
h-towncamaro
H-TownCamaroClub.com

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Anne,

You were invaluable. I don't know how we would have made it through Saturday without you. Invaluable.

Signing your car was an honor. It is humbling. Thank you for your support at the AC and more.

Thank you very much!
The honor was all mine!!! I'm so happy...I have Scott Saddlemire's sig on one side with you and Mr. Pedders sig on the other . I loved helping out and meeting your awesome peeps and look forward to meeting up with again soon.
Old 04-20-2011, 05:33 PM   #294
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by h-towncamaro View Post
The honor was all mine!!! I'm so happy...I have Scott Saddlemire's sig on one side with you and Mr. Pedders sig on the other . I loved helping out and meeting your awesome peeps and look forward to meeting up with again soon.
Once again, Thank You.

Closed Thread