Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > Engine | Exhaust | Bolt-On | Drivetrain Modifications

Old 07-10-2022, 01:16 PM   #1
LavaSurfer

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 1967 C10
Innerchiller: Stage 1 or Stage 2

I’ve started researching my first round of mods and cooling is high on my list. I want to have all of my bases covered to further down the road when I’m over 700whp I won’t be wishing I spent a little more in the beginning.

My car is mainly a sunny day cruiser with a few short squirts here and there, just rolled over 20k this summer. I might take it down the track here and there as I progress, but nothing major. I live in TN, so heat soak can be an issue. Hence why I’m leaning towards an innerchiller setup vs a larger HX.

What I can’t find much info on is what makes the stage 2 work better. The website lists the performance gains, but doesn’t really go into the parts differences. And if I did start with the stage 1, how easily is it upgraded to stage 2 down the road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LavaSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 04:51 PM   #2
gbu27

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I have done both a stage one on my car and a just recently a stage two on my brothers, both from forced inductions interchiller. Both work great, the stage 2 adds on a 2nd condenser and another fan (also deletes the heat exchanger so you have to run AC all the time) the stage 2 is keeping the car about 10-20 degrees cooler. The big test will be next summer to see the difference in the cabin. I may upgrade to the stage 2 one day, and it will be somewhat involved but doable. This kit is not exactly plug and play
gbu27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2022, 08:08 PM   #3
ZMEnow

Drives: ZL1, 2013, tri-coat-red, manual
Are you saying Stage one isn’t plug and play or both 1&2.
ZMEnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 07:41 PM   #4
gbu27

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Neither are plug and play
gbu27 is offline   Reply With Quote