Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 02-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #15
XLethal 360
2LT/RS Summit White

Drives: 2010 SW 2LT/RS
my friends here always get cited for not wearing their seatbelts, but you cant get pulled over for just that you have to be speeding or something else. is going over the speed limit gonna get you there that much faster? maybe by a couple of seconds but not enough to really matter-JUST STOP SPEEDING
XLethal 360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:44 AM   #16
ELDuran

Drives: 2010 2LT RS Camaro (Rally Yellow)
Well since you have gotten 3 tickets since September you probably don't deserve this but here goes anyways. Make the officer laugh. That is your best chance at getting away with a warning. Not saying you will but it's yours best chance!

ELDuran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:48 AM   #17
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Tickets are the natural consequence of speeding. If you choose to speed, you choose to increase your chances of being pulled over. It's silly to get mad about it, because it's your own free choice.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:52 AM   #18
motor1

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/M6.....no longer
Constructively, either slow down or buy a very good radar detector if they are legal in your state. Now they will not help with Lidar but thats a whole different animal. Attitude certainly plays a big part but there are many factors that also come into play....
motor1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #19
Steeler NY

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM Vert
You’re lucky 3 speeding tickets in less then 18 months in New York and you loose your license!

I just got a speeding ticket in my wife’s trail blazer, I haven’t had one in about 13 years I think the police are stepping it up more because most states need more revenue. I have noticed more speed traps then usual.

Good luck!
Steeler NY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:53 AM   #20
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Blur View Post
Just to provoke discussion, I'll go ahead and point out that this assumes that there is good reason for the speed limits. Speed limits are set by the governments that we elect to serve us. These guys are administrators, and they operate under the premise of getting reelected. In order to get reelected, they try to be safe by being "tough on crime" and improving safety standards. For many of them, it is safe for their profession to reduce speed limits. This begs a very important question. Are low speed limits inherently safe?
I think most speed limits speed limits +25% is generally safe.
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:55 AM   #21
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by XLethal 360 View Post
my friends here always get cited for not wearing their seatbelts, but you cant get pulled over for just that you have to be speeding or something else. is going over the speed limit gonna get you there that much faster? maybe by a couple of seconds but not enough to really matter-JUST STOP SPEEDING
That's not true everywhere. Im an Officer in DC and here that is a reason to stop someone...not wearing a seltbelt, we need no other reason.
But to try to answer the OP question, everyone Officer is different, bad days, pressures, attitudes, etc...have to read him/her get a feel, but there's nothing wrong with having a conversation with an Officer and asking to be a little lenient...saying it can't hurt.
I don't like dealing with traffic, stopping cars to much other stuff happening... but, my thing is if I see someone(any type of car-nice-old-new whatever) committing a blatent violation and I KNOW they can see me and still do it...then they will be stopped. Just me though.
Slow down!

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
DCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #22
THE EVIL TW1N
Banned

Drives: 2003 Cobra Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELDuran View Post
Well since you have gotten 3 tickets since September you probably don't deserve this but here goes anyways. Make the officer laugh. That is your best chance at getting away with a warning. Not saying you will but it's yours best chance!
Actually, when someone makes me laugh when Im citing, I generally thing, "Cool, this guy isn't being a jackass about getting a ticket. This should go pretty smoothly then.... sign here."
THE EVIL TW1N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #23
HDDAN

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS 2007 HD FLSTC
My $.02, a bright yellow Camaro with black stripes, a vanity plate that says "FAST-SS and a loud aftermarket exhaust is probably more likely to be pulled over than a black, non striped quiet SS that is actually going faster. My last speeding ticket was directly related to a loud aftermarket exhaust on my motorcycle. The cop heard me coming and took a break from the ticket that he was already writing to get me with the radar. I was on a bright red 1100 CC sport bike. Ticket, no warning.
HDDAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 11:57 AM   #24
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post
Actually, when someone makes me laugh when Im citing, I generally thing, "Cool, this guy isn't being a jackass about getting a ticket. This should go pretty smoothly then.... sign here."
TommyTSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:02 PM   #25
mulehead7
stubborn as a ...

Drives: '94 Trans Am
Are radar detectors illegal in Texas? Three tickets + higher insurance would have easily paid for one.

mulehead7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #26
Hyp
I've been lost...

Drives: 2010 SW 2SS/RS W/IOM LSA Swap
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE EVIL TW1N View Post

lmao

To the OP dont feel too bad, i got pulled over the other day for going 5mph over the speed limit.... :(
Hyp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:03 PM   #27
zzz28zzz

Drives: 2010 Chev Camaro 2SS/RS VR -
3 tickets since September.....That will be reflected on in the officer's mind. He will say that you are not learning to slow down..and write another ticket. 12 over is kinda weak in my book!! I give 15 over on city streets and on the highway. Here are a few pointers though...
As a cop I can attest to this..cops are creatures of habit. We find the spots along a stretch of road that are "productive" for us and that is where we sit to run our radars. LEARN where they sit in your area. LEARN what times they are typically out there. LEARN to slow down. Like I said I will give 15 over the posted limit...thats not saying that everyone I work with will. A good rule of thumb: LESS THAN TEN. If the limit is 40...Don't hit that 50 mark or your toast!!

As far as asking for a break?? It never hurts!! And sometimes will work! ALWAYS be courteous, if not just get your pen out and sign the ticket cause it s coming.

Victory Red 2SS/RS M6
zzz28zzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2010, 12:04 PM   #28
ajjones44

Drives: Fast
Stick to no more than 6 to 8 over the limit and stay out of the passing lane then you should be good.
ajjones44 is offline   Reply With Quote