Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2010, 01:06 PM   #57
brtaus

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueSS View Post
I'm with you 100%. As much as I don't like having strangers ride with me (Moving the printer etc is annoying ) I'm still an advocate of making people come out with us. I think every kid should have to see what cops really do before they get their license, it would open a lot of eyes.
I know the Phx PD would only allow a ride along once someone got to a certain point in their hiring process. This was a few years ago, so I don't know if it has changed or not.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:10 PM   #58
RogueSS

Drives: Black 2SS/RS M6 #100296
Quote:
Originally Posted by brtaus View Post
I know the Phx PD would only allow a ride along once someone got to a certain point in their hiring process. This was a few years ago, so I don't know if it has changed or not.

We allow anyone to apply for a ride along, but we background check everyone before they're allowed to come. We also have restrictions on time and they're only allowed to do 4 hours (Unless they're sworn law enforcement officers)

The citizens academy is every other tuesday, for a total of 7 sessions. We have our own actual police academy, and the same instructors go over firearms, use of force, taser (Yes, you can volunteer to be tased) etc....sort of like a mini academy. Only restrictions are you have to be over 18 and you have to live or work in our jurisdiction.

Many departments are open this way, but people just don't know about it...always worth asking. That's how I got into this job.....my buddy became a Trooper, and I got hooked going on ride alongs with him.

All work by JDP Motorsports

04/14/12: 381 RWHP 383 RWTQ at JDP Motorsports
Old 02-24-2010, 01:15 PM   #59
brtaus

Quote:
We allow anyone to apply for a ride along, but we background check everyone before they're allowed to come. We also have restrictions on time and they're only allowed to do 4 hours (Unless they're sworn law enforcement officers)

The citizens academy is every other tuesday, for a total of 7 sessions. We have our own actual police academy, and the same instructors go over firearms, use of force, taser (Yes, you can volunteer to be tased) etc....sort of like a mini academy. Only restrictions are you have to be over 18 and you have to live or work in our jurisdiction.

Many departments are open this way, but people just don't know about it...always worth asking. That's how I got into this job.....my buddy became a Trooper, and I got hooked going on ride alongs with him.
I have done ride alongs with friends in other depts; always a fun time.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:32 PM   #60
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCSS View Post
You don't know this...your assuming after hearing only ONE-side of the story. There are so many reasons you can be taken out of your car.
It gets frustrating reading these boards lately, wasn't this way when I first joined(then again Camaros weren't even being produced yet) about having to hear how "bad" the police are.
All I can say is...next time your in DC shoot me a PM and your more than welcome to come on a ride-along anytime...I think it would change so many people's attitudes on these boards.
I don't know where your coming from with this, I don't think people are pissing on all cops here, just airing general frustrations with the police.

On a different note if I were you I would not be offereing ride alongs in DC to let people see how DC police work is done. Becasue from my 42 years of living in DC I can say it is quit poor compared to other jurisdictions in the DMV area.

I know you are a DC police officer and won't and shouldn't piss on your fellow officers but the DCPD has been a joke since the 80's. Remember the dirty dozen and the countless other cases where cops were busted for doing illegal crap.

Lets not even bring up detective Jeru who help screw many young black lives with his work advising the Reagan adm. on mandatory minimum sentencing using evidence he was making up back in the crack hey day of the 80's.

And the real shame is I grew up around the corner from this detective and he was a hero to us growing up and turned out to be the biggest piece of crap walking the streets.

Don't get me wrong I love my city and wouldn't want to live anywhere else and sad to say this but the DCPD sucks, has gotten slightly better in the last year or so but they have a long way to go. And the dispatchers you guys use are retarded for the most part.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:37 PM   #61
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
In the before the lock
Old 02-24-2010, 01:41 PM   #62
brtaus

Old 02-24-2010, 01:42 PM   #63
TommyTSquared

Drives: RSSS
This only gets more entertaining !
Old 02-24-2010, 01:43 PM   #64
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
I don't know where your coming from with this, I don't think people are pissing on all cops here, just airing general frustrations with the police.

On a different note if I were you I would not be offereing ride alongs in DC to let people see how DC police work is done. Becasue from my 42 years of living in DC I can say it is quit poor compared to other jurisdictions in the DMV area.

I know you are a DC police officer and won't and shouldn't piss on your fellow officers but the DCPD has been a joke since the 80's. Remember the dirty dozen and the countless other cases where cops were busted for doing illegal crap.

Lets not even bring up detective Jeru who help screw many young black lives with his work advising the Reagan adm. on mandatory minimum sentencing using evidence he was making up back in the crack hey day of the 80's.

And the real shame is I grew up around the corner from this detective and he was a hero to us growing up and turned out to be the biggest piece of crap walking the streets.

Don't get me wrong I love my city and wouldn't want to live anywhere else and sad to say this but the DCPD sucks, has gotten slightly better in the last year or so but they have a long way to go. And the dispatchers you guys use are retarded for the most part.
So does this mean your interested?

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
Old 02-24-2010, 01:47 PM   #65
RogueSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by brtaus View Post
I'll see that and raise you one

Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #66
jleinaweaver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
I assume the cop mistook your driving lights for fog lights.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:49 PM   #67
JProberts

Drives: 2SS RJT RS/Sunroof
No thanks, been in the back of DC cruisers before unfortunately. But get to these schools and get those troubles teens and take them for a ride, they could really use.

And to you I say keep up the good work YOU do and stay safe out there.
Old 02-24-2010, 01:51 PM   #68
RogueSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by JProberts View Post
No thanks, been in the back of DC cruisers before unfortunately. But get to these schools and get those troubles teens and take them for a ride, they could really use.

And to you I say keep up the good work YOU do and stay safe out there.
I promise, the view, and creature comforts, are much better in the front seat

Old 02-24-2010, 01:59 PM   #69
Reaper1a

Drives: 2010 Summit White 2LT/RS
Wow, this thread is fiesty!
So, just my quick $.02 for the OP: When I read this, it posed a number of different questions, none of which I'm going to assume the answer of, nor offer my opinion to. I would leave it at this - if you feel you were mistreated then file a complaint with those officer's department. If you don't care that much and just wanted to vent on here to get it out of your system, then I hope it served it's purpose
Old 02-24-2010, 02:01 PM   #70
johndawg
I'd rather be shooting...

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black/Black
Send a message via AIM to johndawg
Quote:
I'll see that and raise you one

I call..

The Official Photographer of the 2010, 2011 & 2012 Camaro5 Fests!!! www.theshuttergroup.com
Closed Thread