Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-13-2010, 12:28 PM   #43
Dack

Drives: Black 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Send a message via Yahoo to Dack
So I pretty much 99.5% percent know who hit me and I showed the cops, but they aren't willing to do much. They said because the nature (hit and run) there is no evidence since the rain supposedly washed it away. He didn't even look at the bumper at knee level! Is there anything I can do further or am I just royally F**ked? For some reason today I flipped out to my highest point ever and for some reason am looking to rectify this situation without making MY insurance pay for it.

By the way not that it helps, but the woman who hit me is half-mentally retarded and isn't all there. She shouldn't even have a driver's license.
Dack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:24 PM   #44
Krozzbow

Drives: 2LT/BB 3.6 V6 6-M Jun'09 #A9100242
Sorry, buddy the only thing that you can do is through the insurance or take the fall.
Old 03-13-2010, 01:27 PM   #45
DCSS

Drives: 2SS/RS Blk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmont View Post
Sucks about your car, no respect.

Wow. I would've been so tempted to put my boot in that persons ass and say that a boot in the ass is considered an "accepted risk" of standing in a parking lot. That if I didn't want to risk getting a boot in the ass, that it was your responsibility to not be there.

3800, Order produced 6-12-09
5000, Delivered to the dealer 6-25-09
6000, Delivered to the customer 6-27-09
2SS Black/Black-RS-Auto-Sunroof
DCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:39 PM   #46
nasty2ss

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel View Post
I was leaving the mall once late at night when the wind grabbed my open door while I was shoving a bag into my back seat. Of course, it smacked the side of the car next me. Because it was dark and the car was black, I couldn't see if I had done any damage, but I still wrote a note, telling him I accidentally hit his passenger door and left my number to call me if there was any damage.

He called me the next day, told me that there wasn't any damage, then thanked me for being responsible enough to leave the note and my number.

I wish more people would just take into consideration the feelings of others. It took me 2 minutes to write the note and stick it under the windshield, and if I had dented him, I would have been more than happy to pay to fix my mistake.
Years ago was backing up in a parking lot of a business
when I hit a brand new coversion van still had the sticker on it. I went in the business and asked who owned it when the proud owner said it was his I'll never forget his face when I told him I just backed into it. He was very happy that I did own up to it thou
nasty2ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2010, 01:44 PM   #47
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
I have to stop reading these posts im getting too paranoid about parking my car but in the garage. Honestly if i have to park it more then 5 minute my heart starts racing. The thought of my ride getting hit would be heart breaking. Sorry to read about your car op .
Old 03-13-2010, 08:04 PM   #48
Scarlett'sOtherRide

Drives: RJT Like the 67 and 69 before her.
Parking mine on the top floor of the parking garage, with her cover on and chained to her. Either that or right outside my office window so I can peak at her during the day
Scarlett'sOtherRide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:22 AM   #49
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Sorry for your loss man, I truly do feel for you!!

My baby comes out to play in two weeks. I am crapping my pants even now.
Old 03-14-2010, 12:53 AM   #50
spoone123
Next is SS camaro.....

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS, Rally yellow
I'm guessing the dude know that its a new camaro and he can't paid for it, afraid that the owner would beat him up? Or he doesn't have insurance. If i hit some one i would tell them. I'm you cant' just hit and run that's illegal, and even leaving a note still bad. Because you leave the crime scene or some thing like that.
spoone123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 12:58 AM   #51
ron10

Drives: 2010 2SS IOM L99
they got you good.
ron10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 01:00 AM   #52
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost of Vincent Price View Post
WTF is with people and a lack of personal responsibility today? Gutless phucks with poor parenting.
I take these reports ALL the time, folks....

If you EVER see someone hit a vehicle, PLEASE....leave a note AT LEAST on the car that got hit with your info and the plate number/make/model/color/driver description of the hit and run vehicle. Leave your name and number so the police can call you back and get your story of what you saw as well.

I had an attorney the other day, BACK INTO another persons vehicle and split. Before that person took off, the person got out, looked at the struck car, looked around to see if anyone was watching, and then took off. Well, a KIND witness took the time to leave a note w/ their info and the plate, model, make, and color of the HNR vehicle. I was able to research the person who took off and follow up with them. The person who got struck is getting their brand new luxury car fixed back to new.

OP, sorry to hear about your car. I sure hope we could all help each other out when we see stuff like this. Hope someone comes forward to help you out. One way to find out is you can go out to the parking lot at the time the accident occurred for the next week...then on the day it happened for a few weeks after. Ask people coming and going if they remember seeing an accident in the parking lot involving your car getting hit. Just a method in researching witnesses.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote