Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 05-19-2015, 05:07 PM   #1
Kahdir

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Factory Customization

I've heard in a couple unveil clips that Chevrolet wants customers to be able to customize the Camaro and make it their own...

After looking at what available on the Corvette, I call bull$h!+

Every pic seems to show grey calipers, no real change on headlights other tha halogen vs. HID -where's the blackout housings???
Competition seats? Heated wheel? Factory Hurst option? Is there a RS Pkg for the SS (something more than just wheels)?
Stripe kits? (Factory or dealer installed)

I want the ability (from the factory) to have painted calipers, a strut tower brace, sportier front seats and engine mods. Screw interior lighting, that crap will be played with for a day and never touched again (ask a Mustang guy that ha MyColor gauges).
Give me the ability to make my own Special Edition or COPO.

Dreaming here, but I would want a LT4 SS with red calipers and adjustable carbon fiber wing (a la Z07), no run flats, black wheels, lowered with MRC, functional splitter, blackout light housings.

I don't want 'til next year for a 1LE and wasn't as enthused with the ZL1 after the 640hp+ GT500 came out (and now some Hellcats are running around).
Kahdir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:30 PM   #2
BahamaTodd

Drives: 08 Accord V6/M6 / 04 Canyon Z71
I wonder if a strut tower brace will even fit? They had to invert the bolts on the struts just to get them to fit under the hood.

Doesn't look like there's an SS RS. Just 1SS and 2SS trims.

The non-RS headlamps don't have the LED eye liner.
BahamaTodd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:35 PM   #3
ilirg

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2ss
Boy you sure sound needy...

Why would after looking at what's available on the vette, make you call bs? Nearly everything you listed is an option on the vette, and were options on the 5th gen, what makes you think they won't be options for the 6 gen? GM stated it would be very customizable, and I don't doubt that, otherwise why would they have said it?
ilirg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:46 PM   #4
Insidian

Drives: '14 Camaro 2SS/RS NPP RRM
I think it's way too soon to know exactly what options are going to be available. I think it's been mentioned that GM wants to have a good number of options/accessories for the Camaro. From what I've read, I'm pretty sure that the RS option is standard on the 1SS and 2SS packages, and optional for the LT.
Apex Catch Can - to be installed
Insidian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 05:58 PM   #5
Clearly_Canadian

Drives: 2017 2SS Camaro
Is this not what the after market is for??
Clearly_Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 PM   #6
Kahdir

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Boy you sure sound needy...

Why would after looking at what's available on the vette, make you call bs? Nearly everything you listed is an option on the vette, and were options on the 5th gen, what makes you think they won't be options for the 6 gen? GM stated it would be very customizable, and I don't doubt that, otherwise why would they have said it?
When were painted calipers an option 5th gen???
The Synergy Editions were limited without their parts being order able across a the lineup.
Light housings in black or body color would be a nice touch... what makes me think they won't do it? The fact they haven't mentioned it nor shown it on any of the three non-camo'd pre-pros. I highly doubt they even thought about.
GM is not far off from Ford in thinking that interior lighting is an important customization. GM says a lot of things, and the fact the LT1 is detuned in the Camaro vs. the Vette, tells me they are back to the old way of doing things.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:15 PM   #7
ilirg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahdir View Post
The Synergy Editions were limited without their parts being order able across a the lineup.
Light housings in black or body color would be a nice touch... what makes me think they won't do it? The fact they haven't mentioned it nor shown it on any of the three non-camo'd pre-pros. I highly doubt they even thought about.
GM is not far off from Ford in thinking that interior lighting is an important customization. GM says a lot of things, and the fact the LT1 is detuned in the Camaro vs. the Vette, tells me they are back to the old way of doing things.
Painted calipers are an option on the vette. It hasn't even been a week since the reveal, have some patience. and lol, how is the lt1 in the camaro detuned when its us rated at 455 HP, the same exact 455 in the vette, enlighten me as to how that is detuned.
Old 05-19-2015, 06:26 PM   #8
IOMike

Drives: 2022 F150, 87 Monte Carlo
I like factory modifications too...but you can paint your own calipers if you want them.
IOMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 07:07 PM   #9
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
You realize Corvette only makes 460 HP with the performance exhaust?
Old 05-19-2015, 07:20 PM   #10
Kahdir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clearly_Canadian View Post
Is this not what the after market is for??
Yes but more and more manufactures are once again dipping their big toes in the factory option pool of performance parts. Ford's been doing it for a while and now MOPAR has the Scat Packs. GM opened a can of worms with cams, heads, brakes and suspension bits around 2013/2014 for dealer install, just wish there was a credit for the LS3 they would pull out in place of the LS7 that would go in -otherwise I'm better off buying the crate motor much later or building the stock motor up like I did with my 2010.
Old 05-19-2015, 07:29 PM   #11
Kahdir

Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
You realize Corvette only makes 460 HP with the performance exhaust?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilirg View Post
Painted calipers are an option on the vette. It hasn't even been a week since the reveal, have some patience. and lol, how is the lt1 in the camaro detuned when its us rated at 455 HP, the same exact 455 in the vette, enlighten me as to how that is detuned.
Assuming the 455hp in the Camaro is the tuned exhaust vs. the 460hp in the C7 w/ tuned exhaust. Willing to wager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IOMike View Post
I like factory modifications too...but you can paint your own calipers if you want them.
It's a PITA, not doing it in my garage because it never looks as good as powdercoat and powdercoat only works (time-wise) if you buy a 2nd set to prep and send to the powdercoater... I am tired of stockpiling parts and hate selling stuff on cragslist or the forum classifieds.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:08 PM   #12
ilirg

Quote:
Assuming the 455hp in the Camaro is the tuned exhaust vs. the 460hp in the C7 w/ tuned exhaust. Willing to wager?

It's a PITA, not doing it in my garage because it never looks as good as powdercoat and powdercoat only works (time-wise) if you buy a 2nd set to prep and send to the powdercoater... I am tired of stockpiling parts and hate selling stuff on cragslist or the forum classifieds.
Why would you assume that, for the vette standard horsepower is listed as 455, asteriks 460 with performance exhaust. There is no asteriks next to the 6 gen horsepower rating, your assumption makes no sense.
If anything the manual 6gen is one upping the vette by not coming with AFM. Sorry your wrong.
Old 05-19-2015, 08:30 PM   #13
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Dreaming here, but I would want a LT4 SS with red calipers and adjustable carbon fiber wing (a la Z07), no run flats, black wheels, lowered with MRC, functional splitter, blackout light housings.
Yup... you're dreaming alright!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2015, 10:45 PM   #14
Kahdir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bizaro View Post
Buy an m4 then buy all of these goodies

http://www.shopbmwusa.com/BMW-PERFORMANCE

-a douchebag
Work with plenty of BMW fanboys, not spending money on anything made outside of North America.

I guess the short of it is, I really don't want to go back to Ford... loving the GT350 for the added NA oomph and not looking to buy a dated body, but the Scat Pack is tempting.

I just feel the 455 or 460 is going to feel slow coming from my cammed SS. I want NA over FI, but I want it before it leaves the lot. Not dropping a car off at the tuner for a couple weeks to get the power the factory should've had from start.